What motivates Arthur Blank to bring a Lombardi to Atlanta?

roguebeaver

Knowing that just cruising around on his yacht, attending soccer games for the team(s) he is financially vested in, and the 16 games the falcons perform in annually, truly what motivates him towards producing a Lombardi!

Bottom line he gets at a minimum about 240 million a year just by owning the team from the NFL, TV revenue, and other revenue that the team generates exclusively. So, a team like the Browns and the Falcons can muddle about forever and turn a profit while never winning a SB...

This enterprise is founded on the ideology that if you’re an owner and in the club, you’ll never lose your ability to make some easy cash. 

So no wonder the remaining 12 of 32 teams floundering about in the NFL Are without a Lombardi. Money does not seem to be a driving factor in acquiring a Lombardi. Most likely it’s just a winners attitude of reaching the pinnacle of any endeavor and f being the best. My feeling is that the team and Arthur almost made it in SB 51 and the sting defeat killed the desire to be the best. Instead of accepting the challenge and learning, and to keep going in a manner that drives a successful attempt at a Lombardi, Arthur has succumbed to the realization that it’s just too tough, to much of a drain emotionally, and physically and fell back on the stand by, I’m here to make money only, and I can do that without doing anything at all!

So, the upcoming CBA will put this on full display and the players themselves are no longer going to buy into the we are just supporting characters, but are indeed the stars! We want to get their share and say be danmed to the owners that care not, to win, but just make money while leading the fans into believing they are in it for the Lombardi, when they in reality just want the green! Arthur, I believe knows when to invest, when to let it ride, and when to cut bait. Currently with the Falcons, I feel he is in the let it ride mode, and has Rich to oversee the flow..., nothing more, nothing less! Make the green and all is well in Falconland. 

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Op's point is lost on me.

Of course, it’s to cerebral for some! Sorry if it’s too conflated for some folks. Bottom line, he is going to make money regardless, and the players want more money, and Arthur perhaps doesn’t care to make another vested go round for a Lombardi. Just make money only, that’s all. 

Edited by roguebeaver
Spelling clarity

11 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Knowing that just cruising around on his yacht, attending soccer games for the team(s) he is financially vested in, and the 16 games the falcons perform in annually, truly what motivates him towards producing a Lombardi!

Bottom line he gets at a minimum about 240 million a year just by owning the team from the NFL, TV revenue, and other revenue that the team generates exclusively. So, a team like the Browns and the Falcons can muddle about forever and turn a profit while never winning a SB...

This enterprise is founded on the ideology that if you’re an owner and in the club, you’ll never lose your ability to make some easy cash. 

So no wonder the remaining 12 of 32 teams floundering about in the NFL Are without a Lombardi. Money does not seem to be a driving factor in acquiring a Lombardi. Most likely it’s just a winners attitude of reaching the pinnacle of any endeavor and f being the best. My feeling is that the team and Arthur almost made it in SB 51 and the sting defeat killed the desire to be the best. Instead of accepting the challenge and learning, and to keep going in a manner that drives a successful attempt at a Lombardi, Arthur has succumbed to the realization that it’s just too tough, to much of a drain emotionally, and physically and fell back on the stand by, I’m here to make money only, and I can do that without doing anything at all!

So, the upcoming CBA will put this on full display and the players themselves are no longer going to buy into the we are just supporting characters, but are indeed the stars! We want to get their share and say be danmed to the owners that care not, to win, but just make money while leading the fans into believing they are in it for the Lombardi, when they in reality just want the green! Arthur, I believe knows when to invest, when to let it ride, and when to cut bait. Currently with the Falcons, I feel he is in the let it ride mode, and has Rich to oversee the flow..., nothing more, nothing less! Make the green and all is well in Falconland. 

It would shut the fans up. Lol It would be a heck of a personal accomplishment to win the Falcons it's first championship. 

While I can follow your logic, I think you’re overlooking a few key elements of human nature. First, he’s a Billionaire who made money by being aggressive, creative, and patient; Home Depot was not built in a day. That takes patience and commitment

Two, he bought a NFL franchise. That takes more than money. That also requires some vanity. Jerry Jones is full of it and himself. Other owners aren’t as open about it but it’s clearly still there. This same man bought a giant Yacht. That’s a mindset of more than just “Good enough”

Everything I can find about him says he’s patient but determined in business and believes in his own vision  and he does not settle and his actions with the Falcons follows this as well  His problem is his in willingness to adjust from his own vision  

He’s a billionaire. That has worked for him  

I may disagree with his vision or actions, but I think you’re way off base on thinking he doesn’t care about winning  or wanting a SuperBowl title  

Edited by dothan_birdman

17 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

You and Refried Beans should schedule a play date

17 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

Two Words:

Pride

Ego

19 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

If you seen him during the superbowl you'd know he wants one just as bad as us.

Open your ******* eyes. 

Blank invests who knows how much time, money and effort into the organization and random fan claims they cares more about winning...

There have been plenty of things that one could criticize about this current regime from DQ up to AB, but of all I've seen and heard, I don't question their desire to win.  I may question how they go about it, but in no way do I get the feeling that any of them are on cruise control. 

I think they've been very guilty of trying to hard to recreate the SB season instead of learning, moving on and finding a new formula that works.

41 minutes ago, kschreck said:

Blank invests who knows how much time, money and effort into the organization and random fan claims they cares more about winning...

There have been plenty of things that one could criticize about this current regime from DQ up to AB, but of all I've seen and heard, I don't question their desire to win.  I may question how they go about it, but in no way do I get the feeling that any of them are on cruise control. 

I think they've been very guilty of trying to hard to recreate the SB season instead of learning, moving on and finding a new formula that works.

I think we need our offense to rekindle it's 2012 magic and our defense to rekindle it's 2017 playoffs magic and we good.

3 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

He's not more. He hasn't been a fan his whole life, and it's honestly, apples to oranges. 

Cmon now, watch when they cut to him at the next broadcast (admittedly a while away now though... sigh). The guy's deeply invested in the team.

I'mglad he's the owner.

21 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

You'd have to foolish to believe that every team owner is not in it to win it all. No billionaire wants to take a back seat to anyone, especially to other billionaires. Also, what kind of wealthy person goes out and spends a massive amount of money for a team just so they can make some money in return. No, these guys are team owners because they love the game, the notoriety, and their place in the community and abroad. I'll guarantee you that none of these owners want the label of a perennial loser attached to anything they own or run.