Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ya_boi_j

Post 6/1 cuts

33 posts in this topic

Just now, atljbo said:

I've posted this multiple times in the last 2 months.... The last year of the CBA rules..... This and the 30% rule.

The good news is the league wants a deal done by the superbowl.... the bad news is that I think that's going to be harddddd

So delete since it’s a repeat?

Honestly, it is completely unnecessary, because a deal will get done. Neither side is going to mess up the cash cow that is the NFL.  Might it take a little longer to complete the deal sure, but overall, the offseason will be business as usual.  There will still be a 6/1 date. 

43 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I've posted this multiple times in the last 2 months.... The last year of the CBA rules..... This and the 30% rule.

The good news is the league wants a deal done by the superbowl.... the bad news is that I think that's going to be harddddd

I heard that the new deal is pretty much in place and that both sides really want it to get done.... the only hold-up is the 17 game season.

34 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

I heard that the new deal is pretty much in place and that both sides really want it to get done.... the only hold-up is the 17 game season.

seventeen???

1 minute ago, FentayeJones said:

Yeah, apparently the owners want a 17 game season.

this is the first I've seen of this, an odd number? thats....ummm.....odd

:ninja::D

I wonder if that's in hopes somehow of making up for their profits in their home stadiums due to having to play out of the country

PokerSteve and Flying Falcon like this

2 minutes ago, papachaz said:

this is the first I've seen of this, an odd number? thats....ummm.....odd

:ninja::D

I wonder if that's in hopes somehow of making up for their profits in their home stadiums due to having to play out of the country

It'd be nice not having 8-8 seasons anymore, I'll say that much. But I'd be surprised if players are alright with it. Are they cutting preseason to 2-3 games?

papachaz likes this

3 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

It'd be nice not having 8-8 seasons anymore, I'll say that much. But I'd be surprised if players are alright with it. Are they cutting preseason to 2-3 games?

yeah definitely would mean either a winning season or losing season, depending only on if there was a tie. Although I'd like to see something done about that too, maybe finish games like college

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

19 minutes ago, papachaz said:

yeah definitely would mean either a winning season or losing season, depending only on if there was a tie. Although I'd like to see something done about that too, maybe finish games like college

You see how xfl is doing it? Shootouts...each team gets 5 plays from the 5 yard line. Team that scores the most wins. If it's a tie after then it goes to sudden death. I like that personally. Adds a lot of excitement

papachaz likes this

19 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You see how xfl is doing it? Shootouts...each team gets 5 plays from the 5 yard line. Team that scores the most wins. If it's a tie after then it goes to sudden death. I like that personally. Adds a lot of excitement

I've never watched an xfl game

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

They also have 1, 2, and 3-point conversions after touchdowns.   No kicking PATs allowed.   Talk about having to strategize.  

1 point is from the  2 yd, 2 point from the 5, and 3 point from the 10.  Cool idea.  

PokerSteve and papachaz like this

3 hours ago, atljbo said:

They also want an 18 game season. Me too. Good luck with that.

Flying Falcon likes this

2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

With all the ties the league has been having an 8-8-1 season is due.

papachaz likes this

16 minutes ago, atljbo said:

i think their will be 17 games with 2 bye weeeks

I really like that idea. More time to recuperate and makes it so teams with early byes aren't as screwed. More time to recalibrate for coaches too.

PokerSteve likes this

12 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I really like that idea. More time to recuperate and makes it so teams with early byes aren't as screwed. More time to recalibrate for coaches too.

More time to let stars rest and recover from injuries.....(pitch to the league lol)

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Pretty sure no one here knew this considering the scenarios being thrown around with cutting certain players. 

I've tried explaining it a few times...even some B/R bloggers and analysts are suggesting we use these designations for Tru and Free, "saving" us millions to be pushed into future years.  Yet we keep seeing, CUT him and CUT him, we'll save all kinds and get over 30-50 mil.

https://bloggingdirty.com/2019/10/23/atlanta-falcons-50-million-cap-space/

THIS guy stated that in our BYE week he figured out how we would net 50...

his quote at the end was:

In total the Falcons can create $50 million in cap space by trading Beasley before the deadline, parting ways with Freeman, and restructuring the contracts of Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Jake Matthews, and Desmond Trufant.

I get that there are numerous ways to save or regain money, but it's silly when there are people that pull money out of their....hat....and assume it all ties into things the same way Madden works lol.

Vandy likes this

53 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah but the league really wants 18. Me too. 

Now is the time to get that done. Not nine years from now.

I've been talking with a few people and most don't agree with my idea. But if we were going to expand to 17 games, IMO we should eliminate 2 games, move 1st week of season back 2 weeks.  Make last week of NFL reg season a bye week (to be in addition to normal byes) and expand playoffs to 8 teams per side instead of 6.  

It assures everyone has a bye week, but no one gets an advantage and it open up competition for playoff seeds rather than a 7-9 team making it and a 10-12 win team NOT making it.

Again I would have to go into greater detail I think to ensure my point gets across fully, but the general idea of eliminating 2 PS games, adding one more regular season and getting a universal FRB I think would work better than a 7 team playoff as suggested before.