Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blkbigdog35

2020 Draft prospects

173 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, red2play said:

Your talking about the ht of Collins vs Hunter, I've already corrected myself on that, good try for baiting though.

Ty, I'm not against him but we've been the club that gets draft picks from other organizations who overpay.  It would be stupid to go the same route IMHO.  Again, personally, I think that Hunter, Trae and Reddish have more upside (the three will be asking for MAX contracts too) and I'm hoping to get another superstar so we will have a chance to get the trophy.  I personally like the trade for Trae and Reddish vs Doncic and I believe it will be a race to see who gets the trophy first.  For that to happen, Schlenk will have to make the right moves.

Suuurrreee

that was it.. :rolleyes:

PS did you correct yourself or were you corrected by someone else?

geez guy

Edited by TheTrue7

On 2/21/2020 at 8:21 AM, jayu70 said:

It's good to dream, but my guess is Giannis resigns with the Bucks this offseason with his SuperMax deal.

I wasn't implying that it was a sure thing. I think he does stay but doesn't sign this offseason, but next offseason. It doesn't make sense to sign the extension since he will get the same offer next season and it puts pressure on them. I also think Miami is a more logical destination than us if he does leave. They are already a playoff team and will have 70mil in cap space that offseason to resign free agents and Giannis. 

My point was more about whether Schlenk decides to go All in or not. I use Giannis as the ALL in unicorn we could go after, since he fits this team and what we have. With that 40-50mil in cap space is Schlenk going to decide we need another max player or will he use that money to add depth. We already have 6-7 core guys sign through then as well as Dedmon's contract.

If we go all in, then we won't sign Collins this offseason and will wait until next offseason. If we don't go all in, then it makes sense to just use the cap space now and resign Collins. 

I saw someone mention trading our pick this year as a start for getting Beal to Atlanta.

JMO, but if you think our backcourt is bad now defensively, just wait until you see a Trae/Beal backcourt defensively lol. 

blkbigdog35 and jayu70 like this

Really starting to like Toppin. He would be a backup four to JC and he can provide a scoring punch with the second unit.  I’m really not to excited about the wing options with the exception of Ant-man.  

On 3/8/2020 at 10:34 AM, blkbigdog35 said:

Really starting to like Toppin. He would be a backup four to JC and he can provide a scoring punch with the second unit.  I’m really not to excited about the wing options with the exception of Ant-man.  

I’m really starting to think we desperately need Ant-man to add another playmaker to the squad. He has a decent wingspan and elite athleticism that could develop defensively.

When Trae isn’t on the floor we are flat. Reddish and Hunter are not becoming playmakers anytime soon.  

7 minutes ago, Akod2017 said:

I’m really starting to think we desperately need Ant-man to add another playmaker to the squad. He has a decent wingspan and elite athleticism that could develop defensively.

When Trae isn’t on the floor we are flat. Reddish and Hunter are not becoming playmakers anytime soon.  

I think with Hunter and Reddish it’s more about them being rooks trying to figure out where there games fit in but both have shown at times that they are capable of making plays.  If we want Ant-man I think we would have to be 1 or 2. Antman is definitely an intriguing prospect but I have seen a few of his games this year and haven’t been that impressed with his play at times.  Imo we go with a pg, wing or PF/C.  I still like Wiseman for us too.

jayu70 likes this

25 minutes ago, Akod2017 said:

Cam almost put the team on his back against the Wizards. 28 points without Trae. 

Ant-man needs a lot of work. Dude needs a cam/trae like season, but we are in win mode next year. Cam's ceiling is higher than ant-man's as well. I like AE, but I don't see him getting the reps necessary to grow and I think Hunter/Reddish are better bets for us with playoffs being the goal. 

49 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Cam almost put the team on his back against the Wizards. 28 points without Trae. 

Ant-man needs a lot of work. Dude needs a cam/trae like season, but we are in win mode next year. Cam's ceiling is higher than ant-man's as well. I like AE, but I don't see him getting the reps necessary to grow and I think Hunter/Reddish are better bets for us with playoffs being the goal. 

Antman will be the best player in this draft.  But with that said, he needs another year in college to learn to not rely on an average jumper.  At 230 lbs and with his athleticism, he can muscle NBA bodies to the rim, but he doesn’t.  He isn’t ready mentally

I’m starting to think Isaac Okoro is a guy we will target in the draft.  we don’t need more playmakers.  We need defenders with upside potential on offense.  A perimeter rotation of Reddish, Hunter & Okoro is about as good as we can hope for defensively.  

My favorite trait of his is something this team seriously lacks:

Shot IQ: Strong shot IQ – really knows how to play to his strengths. ~51% of his shots come in the paint, only 33% on jumpers, 7% on runners, and 9% on postups (where he is effective using strength / touch against mismatches). Loves attacking downhill and is not someone who will force jumpers when there is an open lane. Shot location from jumpers is really good for his role and for the modern NBA. He knows he’s not someone who can really create off the bounce for himself, so only 6% of the jumpers are off the bounce – as mentioned above, he does a nice job creating some space on stepbacks (and keeping balance with a fluid transition from space creation into his jumper), but it’s not something he will likely go to often. In terms of how his jumper locations fit in the modern NBA, 93% of his jumpers come from 3 – and given his role will likely be a 3/D wing who can attack off the catch (D&K, finish, etc) off the ball, the shot locations fit perfectly to that role. Does a nice job drawing fouls – .498 FTr, 3.625 fouls drawn per game.

OUTLOOK:  “He’s quick-footed, hard-playing and technically sound with the mentality to develop into an All-NBA defender and defensive player of the year candidate,” Schmitz wrote.

He also provides tremendous versatility on the offensive end where he does everything from play down on the block to occasionally serving as the lead guard. His ability to move the ball, attack the rim and the glass have been key due to his limited range, he’s shooting just 27.9% (19-of-68) from three.

“The fact that he doesn’t need the ball to have an impact is part of what makes him so intriguing to teams like Atlanta and Cleveland that have shot-generators,” Schmitz wrote.

If Okoro, who averages 12.9 points per game, is selected in the lottery he will become just the ninth player who scored 16.5 points per 40 minutes in their draft year and stood 6-9 or under.

4 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

The most logical pick is a great defensive player with plus upside on offense.  

Okoro is a guy we will target in the draft.  we don’t need more playmakers.  We need defenders with upside potential on offense.  A perimeter rotation of Reddish, Hunter & Okoro is about as good as we can hope for defensively.  

Shot IQ: Strong shot IQ – really knows how to play to his strengths. ~51% of his shots come in the paint, only 33% on jumpers, 7% on runners, and 9% on postups (where he is effective using strength / touch against mismatches). Loves attacking downhill and is not someone who will force jumpers when there is an open lane. Shot location from jumpers is really good for his role and for the modern NBA. He knows he’s not someone who can really create off the bounce for himself, so only 6% of the jumpers are off the bounce – as mentioned above, he does a nice job creating some space on stepbacks (and keeping balance with a fluid transition from space creation into his jumper), but it’s not something he will likely go to often. In terms of how his jumper locations fit in the modern NBA, 93% of his jumpers come from 3 – and given his role will likely be a 3/D wing who can attack off the catch (D&K, finish, etc) off the ball, the shot locations fit perfectly to that role. Does a nice job drawing fouls – .498 FTr, 3.625 fouls drawn per game.

OUTLOOK:  “He’s quick-footed, hard-playing and technically sound with the mentality to develop into an All-NBA defender and defensive player of the year candidate,” Schmitz wrote.

He also provides tremendous versatility on the offensive end where he does everything from play down on the block to occasionally serving as the lead guard. His ability to move the ball, attack the rim and the glass have been key due to his limited range, he’s shooting just 27.9% (19-of-68) from three.

“The fact that he doesn’t need the ball to have an impact is part of what makes him so intriguing to teams like Atlanta and Cleveland that have shot-generators,” Schmitz wrote.

blkbigdog35 likes this

13 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

The most logical pick is a great defensive player with plus upside on offense.  

Okoro is a guy we will target in the draft.  we don’t need more playmakers.  We need defenders with upside potential on offense.  A perimeter rotation of Reddish, Hunter & Okoro is about as good as we can hope for defensively.  

Okungwu is a pretty good defender also.  The Hawks definitely needs interior defenders as well.  I agree though that defense will need to be a focus.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

On 3/25/2020 at 0:39 PM, blkbigdog35 said:

This kid has a nice game.  Wouldn’t mind him coming to the A.

Obi should be a quality big for at least 10 years, a lot to like about his game. He is 22 and thats a problem for some people but I would take him in a heartbeat.

blkbigdog35 likes this

On 3/28/2020 at 10:12 AM, thofin21 said:

Obi should be a quality big for at least 10 years, a lot to like about his game. He is 22 and thats a problem for some people but I would take him in a heartbeat.

Game is very similar to Collins...a bit better defender, but overall very similar

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Game is very similar to Collins...a bit better defender, but overall very similar

I agree he and Collins are both athetic, about the same  size ( 6' 9'') nice shooting touch ,rim runners.