Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

who realisticly do you think would make a great replacement for Alex Mack?

31 posts in this topic

There is a good chance this could be Alex Mack's last season with the Atlanta Falcons. We should probably draft his replacement this year or have someone in free agency in mind. Or possibly but unlikely groom someone on our current roster for the job. Is there anyone on our current roster, or in this year's draft class that you think could be the center we need to keep Matt Ryan upright? Is there anyone in the NFL that could likely be a free agent that we can afford, that you would like to see take over for Alex Mack?

I've seen people mention signing Graham Glasgow in free agency  if possible & that's honestly not the worst idea.

Sign him & draft also a solid G/C prospect somewhere from round 2-4.

Let Glasgow handle LG this year while the rookie serves as a backup & takes a year to get the swing of things.

Next year, you can let Mack go, move Glasgow to C (he started all 16 games there for the Lions in 2018 so he has solid experience), and then have the player you drafted take the LG spot with a year of learning under his belt.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

47 minutes ago, k-train said:

I've seen people mention signing Graham Glasgow in free agency  if possible & that's honestly not the worst idea.

Let Glasgow handle LG this year while the rookie serves as a backup & takes a year to get the swing of things.

Next year, you can let Mack go, move Glasgow to C (he started all 16 games there for the Lions in 2018 so he has solid experience), and then have the player you drafted take the LG spot with a year of learning under his belt.

I like the Glasgow signing. He is ALMOST more of a priority signing than Hoop and Campbell.

3 hours ago, lju713 said:

Matt Hennessy in the late rounds and let him develop. He will have DT/DE feeling drunk after blocks.

Hennessy is a hoss. If he does as well as I think he will at the Senior Bowl and Combine, he could climb into the 3rd or even higher. So ******* underrated.

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Wes Schweitzer continue along the continuity path we’ve done it with coaches why not stick with a guy whose played L/RG & C and played next too Mack for 3 years.

We talk about bringing guys in to learn under Mack that’s exactly what Schweitzer’s been doing.

This too. People will hate hearing it, but Schweitzer has actually been coming along alright and looked best at center in pre-season. Don't give him the job outright, but definitely give him a look.

kiwifalcon likes this

8 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Mack was probably one of if not the best signings we've had in this decade.. Hes going to be hard to replace.. Ill never forget the games before he arrived.. Only issue, we dont have the cap space to properly replace him with a vet so itll have to be done in the draft

I hope we can get a couple more years out of Mack. Extend him.

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Hennessy is a hoss. If he does as well as I think he will at the Senior Bowl and Combine, he could climb into the 3rd or even higher. So ******* underrated.

This too. People will hate hearing it, but Schweitzer has actually been coming along alright and looked best at center in pre-season. Don't give him the job outright, but definitely give him a look.

I just laugh at all this develop under Mack rubbish that’s been bought up when in all essence that’s what Schweitzer’s been doing for 3 years.

What I may be inclined to do and this won’t be popular but I’d cut Mack outright sign both Schweitzer and Glasgow to cover both C & G.

What I’d also do is have a battle royal for the C LG position and the 4 competitors are the 2 mentioned and Carpenter plus Brown.

Again Morgan’s job is to mash this all together into a coherent unit.

Osiruz and PokerSteve like this

7 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Tyler Biadasz 

6'3", 316 lbs. --- good size for a center.  The only thing that worries me about Biadasz is, he had to have hip surgery in the Spring of 2019.  You wonder if he's fully recovered from that, and if he'll have any residual effects from it ---

Refried Beans likes this

14 hours ago, k-train said:

I like the Glascow signing, but I don't thing we have the cap space for him.  

Lindstrom is also a possible Mack replacement.  

We are not done rebuilding the OL.  I expect some moves to be made.  The Carpenter/Brown signings are pretty much a major bust, but that still does not mean that we can ignore the OL.