Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falconizer123

What's done is done but

32 posts in this topic

I must admit that we or some of us on this board had the same thoughts about our head coaching status, but I am jealous and envious

that of all franchises, Cleveland Browns pulled the trigger and hired Stefanski AND looking at bringing in whom I wanted as well, Dobbs for an interview for GM.

SMH!!!!

Like I said, what's done is done!

Thoughts!!!!!

My thoughts?

If those guys are so great, they should be smart enough to avoid Cleveland like the plague.  

They will be just as miserable and doomed to failure as all the other coaches and execs who tried to succeed under that horrible franchise.  

papachaz, FalconJim and Skeetbird like this

7 minutes ago, octoslash said:

My thoughts?

If those guys are so great, they should be smart enough to avoid Cleveland like the plague.  

They will be just as miserable and doomed to failure as all the other coaches and execs who tried to succeed under that horrible franchise.  

and have that 'brown' stain on their record from now on....  :ninja:

I'm more ticked about us letting Joe Brady go to carolina myself

octoslash and FalconJim like this

1 hour ago, dapanch420 said:

Wasnt the league enamored with the cleveland browns last gm when he was first hired? I remember everyone saying he was the next big gm. Anyways im fine with quinn and dimitroff for 1 more season if thw team sucks then they both gotta go

Yeah at least we know for sure this is a make or break year. I mean if nothing else it will be a new chapter in falcons football 

PokerSteve likes this

3 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Yeah at least we know for sure this is a make or break year. I mean if nothing else it will be a new chapter in falcons football 

Agreed.  Either we are successful with the team and coaches that we have, or we will clean house and start over with similar roster but all new management.  Either way, good will come out of this season IMO, and add in new jerseys and I'm PUMPED!

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

2 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Agreed.  Either we are successful with the team and coaches that we have, or we will clean house and start over with similar roster but all new management.  Either way, good will come out of this season IMO, and add in new jerseys and I'm PUMPED!

Same here man 

federicofalcon2 likes this

As long as Haslem is the owner more than likely the Brown's will always be a clown show.That family has done their dead best to destroy my Vols by their meddling.

Edited by TNFalcon1

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

maybe to us....

:ninja:

although honestly, I think he'll need more than 2 years at OC to be HC material with no more experience than what he has currently

Probably. But for what it’s worth, if we had played LSU our first 8 games this year, I don’t think our record would be any better.

papachaz likes this

2 hours ago, falconizer123 said:

I must admit that we or some of us on this board had the same thoughts about our head coaching status, but I am jealous and envious

that of all franchises, Cleveland Browns pulled the trigger and hired Stefanski AND looking at bringing in whom I wanted as well, Dobbs for an interview for GM.

SMH!!!!

Thoughts!!!!!

They'll still find a way to Brown it up and clean house in 2 years.

3 hours ago, falconizer123 said:

SMH!!!!

Thoughts!!!!!

No they are not he declined the interview stating " there is unfinished business in Indy"https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrEeB1rtR9eR1YAYAAPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--/RV=2/RE=1579165164/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2frssfeeds.wkyc.com%2f~%2f615764812%2f0%2fwkyc%2fsports~Report-Indianapolis-Colts-assistant-GM-Ed-Dodds-declines-interview-for-Cleveland-Browns%e2%80%99-GM-job/RK=2/RS=Cj_6NwIv0yFG7p104S4hsglRnYI-

Edited by GATXBOI

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Continuity reigns at the Branch it is what it  is and while I agree to a degree.I think we’ve gone with the wrong type of OCs in the last 3 years.

But what AB wants AB gets.

Yeah......The only folks up late worrying abt DK are us Atl fans.......what’s so maddening is he’ll suddenly bust out w some quick slants, screens etc bal w running attack for a day and then.....rt back to those slow plodding routes that can’t get open and the occasional  2 inches and a cloud off 2 and 3 holes.......ughhh

2 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Kinda sorta a new chapter. Arthur will look around, see that all the good HC prospects got hired this season, then rehire Mike Smith for another tour. :lol:

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

The league's bottom rung teams are hiring young smart coaches and front office personnel while we are stuck with retreads and coaches proven to blow it in the spotlight.

This is what 7-9 multiple years in a row get you. Mired in mediocrity stuck with mediocre draft positions and another year of the same coaches and front office that created this long term mediocrity.

While all this is happening we see 2 former Falcon coordinators battling it out in the NFC to go to the Superbowl.

Ain't being a Falcons fan fun?

D.B.N. likes this

With a decent defense DK can be successful.. Its not like we were shut out any games this season.. What do ya'll expect?, a oc to come in a put 60 points up per game and hope we can win..? Thats not normal expectations.. We honestly just need a defense that can keep teams under 21 points and we can win

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

5 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

I wish I could buy into Quinn as a HC, but I just can't. If we could just get away from these indecisive schemes and constructs (hey Dirk, be like Kyle!, we're a 5-2 defense but also a 4-3 but mostly a 3-4, etc.), that would be a big step in the right direction, but not sure the FO, owner, etc. will wise up to that being a problem.

4 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Kinda sorta a new chapter. Arthur will look around, see that all the good HC prospects got hired this season, then rehire Mike Smith for another tour. :lol:

Tbh this season had a lot of shmoes go in at HC. I think half will be fired two years from now.

But...this is AB we're talking about. We brought back DK and Mularkey. I'm not going to pretend to know what he's thinking. :lol:

4 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

Bingo. Dodds is a special dude. He wants to build a Superbowl team before taking a GM role.

PokerSteve likes this

6 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Bro I’d just laugh and watch the world burn 

PokerSteve likes this

4 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

I wish I could buy into Quinn as a HC, but I just can't. If we could just get away from these indecisive schemes and constructs (hey Dirk, be like Kyle!, we're a 5-2 defense but also a 4-3 but mostly a 3-4, etc.), that would be a big step in the right direction, but not sure the FO, owner, etc. will wise up to that being a problem.

Matt and Julio both wanted him back. That's a good sign.

12 hours ago, falconizer123 said:

SMH!!!!

Thoughts!!!!!

At least Bienemy will be available next year if we need a head coach.

Rings likes this