Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jayu70

Trade Deadline Countdown - 24 hours: Hawks trade for Jeff Teague and Clint Capela

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Dwayne Dedmon is back! We sent Len and Parker to Sacramento for him and we also get 2 2nd rounders 

WOW. Really? Didn't we just get a center? I guess this means we are not getting a center in the draft. 

GUESS WHOSE BACK. BACK AGAIN. DEDMON'S BACK. TELL A FRIEND

8 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

WOW. Really? Didn't we just get a center? I guess this means we are not getting a center in the draft. 

GUESS WHOSE BACK. BACK AGAIN. DEDMON'S BACK. TELL A FRIEND

Hey I like the reunion tour lol. All we need now is to bring back Smoove and J Chill lol

2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Nope. We lost the 2nd max slot(after capela trade), but we still have 1 slot plus some extra cap space. 

Good to know. Trae, Huerter, Hunter, Reddish, Collins, Capella, Dedmon and Bruno is a solid young core. I’m fine losing the second max slot truthfully because I like the Capella move 

It feels like we now have 4 PF/C combo guys, between Collins, Capella, Fernando, and Dedmon, we can play ANY combination of those 4 guys and be able to seamlessly switch guarding 4’s and 5’s by sticking to a zone. Capella and Dedmon inside the block, Collins and Bruno outside.

Rebounds galore. And higher potential for blocked shots.

Just didn’t have that with Len and Parker.

Jones isn’t as versatile, but he’s solid depth, and improving a lot on the pick-n-roll with Trae.

I really like these moves. Big defensive improvements with zero dropoff in potential offense.

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

So does this keep us from signing a max guy? Unsure on it. At this point, maybe we could trade for someone 

Still have ~$50 mil in projected capspace.

There are no one deserving of a max except Anthony Davis.

9 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Still have ~$50 mil in projected capspace.

There are no one deserving of a max except Anthony Davis.

Doesn’t effect the ‘21 offseason either, as the third year on Dedmon’s deal is guaranteed at $1m. Essentially acts as a pseudo-expiring contract for next season while providing some quality depth (and leadership) at a position sorely needing it.