Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jayu70

Trade Deadline Countdown - 24 hours: Hawks trade for Jeff Teague and Clint Capela

@jayu70  or whoever has the information.  Was that Brooklyn pick traded for Capela the only first round pick the Hawks had in the upcoming draft?  I went and looked at their draft status and it appears that it was...

1 minute ago, Spts1 said:

@jayu70  or whoever has the information.  Was that Brooklyn pick traded for Capela the only first round pick the Hawks had in the upcoming draft?  I went and looked at their draft status and it appears that it was...

No. We still have our own 1st round pick, currently top 5 by losing record. We are golden.

Also note we also own OKCs 2022 1st lottery protected then becomes 2 2nds.

Trade looks good, we got a young good center for the first time in about a million years and gave up nothing.

It is funny that the root of all of this was the original Teague trade and now he is back with the team just a little older now.

Teague will be a good back up G and we now have a real center. We just need our younger core to get experience and this could be a contenting team for a long time as soon as next year.

We are also in good cap shape. The team is in a real good spot long term. We do need to keep Collins long term and everyone on the team needs to work on defense.

13 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

No. We still have our own 1st round pick, currently top 5 by losing record. We are golden.

Also note we also own OKCs 2022 1st lottery protected then becomes 2 2nds.

wow.   I'm liking Edwards.  His game is coming together.  This is interchangeable.  Reddish could be the starter.  Edwards would start on the bench and could break into the lineup by mid season next season...

pg  Young 

sg, Huerter

sf, Hunter  

pf  Collins

c  Capela

bench rotation:

Reddish

Teague

Edwards

bembry

Fernando

Jones

Brown

The rest of the bench would be up in the air.  The above are keepers from the bench...

Edited by Spts1

7 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

wow.   I'm liking Edwards.  His game is coming together.  This is interchangeable.  Reddish could be the starter.  Edwards would start on the bench and could break into the lineup by mid season next season...

pg  Young 

sg, Huerter

sf, Hunter  

pf  Collins

c  Capela

bench rotation:

Reddish

Teague

Edwards

bembry

Fernando

Jones

Brown

The rest of the bench would be up in the air.  The above are keepers from the bench...

I don't think we are done dealing, so too soon to plan roster - Parsons, Len, Parker, Jones, Bembry - still in play to varying degrees.

The 1st rumors had Len and Parker going to Houston.

I was surprised when they weren't included which is better for us.

3 hours ago, jayu70 said:

I don't think we are done dealing, so too soon to plan roster - Parsons, Len, Parker, Jones, Bembry - still in play to varying degrees.

The 1st rumors had Len and Parker going to Houston.

I was surprised when they weren't included which is better for us.

I listed the players they should keep.  Len and Parker are not included...

13 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

Here's a rumor:

Josh Richardson to Hawks

Luke Kennard and Rose to Philly

Len/Parker, Bembry and OKC 1st to Detroit 

Pistons fans are going to end themselves if this happens. 

4 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Pistons fans are going to end themselves if this happens. 

:lol:

They need shooters in the worse way though.

They really miss Reddick.

Edited by jayu70

44 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

:lol:

They need shooters in the worse way though.

They really miss Reddick.

They just need to hit the start on a rebuild. 

Kennard isn't someone you build around, but he can be a Collins like starting piece. Trade Rose to the lakers for Kuzma. Kennard + Kuzma can be a nice starting place. 

15 hours ago, Beef said:

So we got a 6’10 240lb Center, under contract through 2023, averages 14 points, 14 rebounds, and almost 2 blocks a game.

That’s a lot of steady rebounds, which is something we desperately needed.  Plus fits with Trae’s game as he’s a camper under the basket and puts down 63%.

Good guy for Bruno to learn from.

That’s more than a role player for sure. Great deal. 

9 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

so the Bruno pick looks kinda well

Looks like a 2nd round pick that isn't ready to start yet ??

The truth is the way the NBA draft works now you have about 4 guys ready to make any kind of impact in the league and everyone else is a developmental prospect. Some need more development than others.