Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jayu70

Trade Deadline Countdown - 24 hours: Hawks trade for Jeff Teague and Clint Capela

6 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

No one said KAT was. I was pointing out how unhappy he is. Star players don't want to be stuck on losing teams. KAT is likely to demand a trade because his team is losing. Just like AD did to NO or just leave in FA. 

Let us not forget we almost traded for Drummond because Trae was unhappy. Almost destroyed the future of the rebuild because our star player was unhappy with losing. Even Ressler was involved in that trade. The only reason we didn't pull the trigger is because we started winning, which released the pressure to get something big done immediately. 

Losing doesn't guarantee us anything, while winning builds confidence in our young guys as well as keeps our star players happy and buying into the system and rebuild. 

No we didn't do the trade because Drummond was asking for too much money. Trade talks started since before Christmas, reports surfaced in January...by then the trade was already dead.

Capella is the target and I think our Brooklyn pick is the main selling point.  I’m sure Turner has to be apart of this deal with his salary or a combination of other expiring contracts we shall see if TS pulls the trigger by trade deadline.

15 hours ago, jayu70 said:

No we didn't do the trade because Drummond was asking for too much money. Trade talks started since before Christmas, reports surfaced in January...by then the trade was already dead.

Exactly. Hawks haven't gone on a winning streak.

On a side note, the Hawks as they stand are two, three years from contending for a playoff birth and thats if it even happens then. 

Don't trade anyone nor get anyone.  I believe that we have a 50-50 chance to get James Wiseman or greater chance.  I LOVE the Jeff Teague trade and that's enough.  Next Year I think that Deandre Hunter will become better and He's already doing great stuff!!  Cameron Reddish has all the tools and we can see if he can raise his game up to his potential next year.  If we can't get Wiseman, we can get LaMelo Ball get Daniel Oturu. We NEED both picks!!

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

On a side note, the Hawks as they stand are two, three years from contending for a playoff birth and thats if it even happens then. 

:lol:

a: you obviously don’t realize there’s 8 teams in 

b: comical that you put the “as they stand” in there.. obviously there will be differences next year.. so why even make a statement like that?

3 hours ago, red2play said:

Don't trade anyone nor get anyone.  I believe that we have a 50-50 chance to get James Wiseman or greater chance.  I LOVE the Jeff Teague trade and that's enough.  Next Year I think that Deandre Hunter will become better and He's already doing great stuff!!  Cameron Reddish has all the tools and we can see if he can raise his game up to his potential next year.  If we can't get Wiseman, we can get LaMelo Ball get Daniel Oturu. We NEED both picks!!

Improving the roster thru the draft is obviously on the table.  Thats not the issue.  The issue is the patience of Hawks ownership and Trae Young.  As the Hawks stand right now,  they are two, three years from developing into a possible playoff contender.  That trend continues if they rely on the draft.   The move for Drummond or Capela would be to try and shorten that time until they can contend. I don't care which way they go,  just pointing out what the options are...

Ever since the Capela rumors have included rumors of us getting rid of Collins, I have really soured on the deal. I would rather overpay for someone like Myles Turner who can defend the paint as well as stretch the floor than get Capela if it means questioning Collins long term fit with this team. 

23 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Ever since the Capela rumors have included rumors of us getting rid of Collins, I have really soured on the deal. I would rather overpay for someone like Myles Turner who can defend the paint as well as stretch the floor than get Capela if it means questioning Collins long term fit with this team. 

Houston asked for Collins for Capela, was told No.

Multiple teams have called about Collins...also told No.

44 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

Houston asked for Collins for Capela, was told No.

Multiple teams have called about Collins...also told No.

I understand I am being irrational and letting what some idiot "journalists" that never watch any hawks games get to me, but I don't care.

Collins is a top 10 PF in this league. Dude continues to add something to his game each year. He is still years from his prime. And because we trade for Clint ******* Capela, we have too trade that away. F that ********.

Clint is a role player at best. Dude is barely a 6th player on a contender and was shown to be a liability in the playoffs, but idiot journalists want us to trade Collins for that or think because we have him we need to move on from Collins. F all that BS. 

rant off

Plus Collins said he wants to be here. 

37 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I understand I am being irrational and letting what some idiot "journalists" that never watch any hawks games get to me, but I don't care.

Collins is a top 10 PF in this league. Dude continues to add something to his game each year. He is still years from his prime. And because we trade for Clint ******* Capela, we have too trade that away. F that ********.

Clint is a role player at best. Dude is barely a 6th player on a contender and was shown to be a liability in the playoffs, but idiot journalists want us to trade Collins for that or think because we have him we need to move on from Collins. F all that BS. 

rant off

Plus Collins said he wants to be here. 

That’s why I have mentioned I would prefer to just stay the course with our current core and just look to the draft and FA.  Lot of these journalists are always looking for a come up story!!

35 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

That’s why I have mentioned I would prefer to just stay the course with our current core and just look to the draft and FA.  Lot of these journalists are always looking for a come up story!!

I agree man. I'd rather stay the course and let the young core go through the growing pains together and force them into non ideal situations to gain experience and better adapt to them in the future. 

I mean look at this nonsense. Trading Cam reddish for an expiring contract. WHY THE FUDGE WOULD WE DO THAT? 

I am in 100% agreement. The nonsense killed my desire to make a trade. Wait til the offseason and go after someone in FA or trade for Myles Turner, if he is available. 

8 hours ago, Spts1 said:

2-3 years for a playoff berth? if so thats a travesty. year 4 for 5 for young lol not happening

41 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I agree man. I'd rather stay the course and let the young core go through the growing pains together and force them into non ideal situations to gain experience and better adapt to them in the future. 

I mean look at this nonsense. Trading Cam reddish for an expiring contract. WHY THE FUDGE WOULD WE DO THAT? 

I am in 100% agreement. The nonsense killed my desire to make a trade. Wait til the offseason and go after someone in FA or trade for Myles Turner, if he is available. 

Yeah I saw that on Twitter and I have never heard of The Ringer.  These journalists are straight attention whores!!

So we got a 6’10 240lb Center, under contract through 2023, averages 14 points, 14 rebounds, and almost 2 blocks a game.

That’s a lot of steady rebounds, which is something we desperately needed.  Plus fits with Trae’s game as he’s a camper under the basket and puts down 63%.

Good guy for Bruno to learn from.