Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jayu70

Trade Deadline Countdown - 24 hours: Hawks trade for Jeff Teague and Clint Capela

7 minutes ago, Shooter Says said:

I couldn’t get on for a couple months over the summer and finally quit trying. WAY more activity over there. 

Yes Yes it is I don't know Supes rep over there at Hawksquawk, but he was the one mentioning JJJ for Collins. I'm taking it with a grain of salt literally only because I like John Collins a lot.

24 minutes ago, GhostofZone#7 said:

Yes Yes it is I don't know Supes rep over there at Hawksquawk, but he was the one mentioning JJJ for Collins. I'm taking it with a grain of salt literally only because I like John Collins a lot.

Wow... That's the most interesting rumor yet. I don't remember the last time a trade like that happened - 2 very young high potential guys just being swapped while still on rookie deals. I'd be shocked if it was even being seriously discussed.

37 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

JJJ is shooting at an elite level from 3, but is also averaging only 4.7 Rebs a game. no thanks. 

Most are agreeing with this over there too.

Biggest rumors are We're going after Harrell of LAC

Adams will be the Center we end up with

Marvin Williams coming back.

There are a couple others, but chances they happen are 50/50 or less.

1 hour ago, Shooter Says said:

Wow... That's the most interesting rumor yet. I don't remember the last time a trade like that happened - 2 very young high potential guys just being swapped while still on rookie deals. I'd be shocked if it was even being seriously discussed.

It would cost us too much to make that trade.

I'd prefer to see Collins with a capable Center.

4 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Collins' name came up when Towns was available. Collins would only be available in a package for a Superstar. So now the narrative is he might be available for a Center any center  which isn't true.

Hawks are looking for a C to pair WITH Collins. Not include him in a trade for someone like Capela.

The Grizz would be asking too much for JJJ and wouldn't be worth it. Our rebounding would really suck.

Cool I figured it was smoke.  Some of these writers just love putting out BS.

2 hours ago, GhostofZone#7 said:

Most are agreeing with this over there too.

Biggest rumors are We're going after Harrell of LAC

Adams will be the Center we end up with

Marvin Williams coming back.

There are a couple others, but chances they happen are 50/50 or less.

Brad mentioned this in a pod, but with how much money we have this offseason, we are going to be attached to **** near everyone.  Agents are going to use us to extract more money for their clients. 

Really, we aren't going to blow our cap next year. We won't be in a development year, but we will be looking at what we legitimately have with our young core. Does collins take another step? Does he gain some handles or get better defensively. Is Kev just a sharpshooter or can he develop more at creating his own shot? How do Cam and Hunter look after having their first NBA offseason? 

I think next year willl be about getting proper vets to help our young guys grow. 2021 is the prized year IMO. Especially if Giannis is available. 

10 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Honestly I don't know why we don't just see this season out I mean if we make reasonable trades I'm fine with that, but I want a shot at Wiseman and Edwards this upcoming Draft.

Dang it NBA owes us Ant-man if Cleveland can get Lebron then we need Ant-man **** it.

On 2/1/2020 at 0:44 PM, jayu70 said:

No, I don't think they are looking to dump him.

I was just respondong to Rowlands contention that a straight trade between these two team wasn't possible and laying out how it was possible.

Houston has put their 1st round picks on the table for trade to upgrade their roster. 

Suggestions I've seen is 3 way trade with Minny, some interation of:

Len/Parker, Covington, to Houston

Capella to Hawks

BKN 1st to and Houston 1st to Minny 

:lol:....this might actually be a thing.

18 hours ago, GhostofZone#7 said:

Honestly I don't know why we don't just see this season out I mean if we make reasonable trades I'm fine with that, but I want a shot at Wiseman and Edwards this upcoming Draft.

Dang it NBA owes us Ant-man if Cleveland can get Lebron then we need Ant-man **** it.

To a reasonable degree I’m content with staying the course but if we make a very favorable deal then I’m fine.  I don’t want to give up draft capital.  

6 hours ago, jayu70 said:

:lol:....this might actually be a thing.

Yep and this is what Woj is saying:

“Atlanta has been interested in acquiring a starting level center and has talked with Houston about Capela and Oklahoma City about Steven Adams, league sources said. Atlanta's talks with Detroit about center Andre Drummond lost momentum in recent weeks.

Capela, 25, is the most valuable trade asset available on the Rockets' roster, and the cost certainty and control of his contract is appealing to teams.

He makes $14.9 million this year and has successive seasons paying him $16 million, $17.1 million and $18.2 million on the books.

He's averaging 13.9 points and 13.8 rebounds a game for the Rockets. He has missed three straight games with a heel injury.”

Things should really start to heat up today with the deadline looming at 3pm this Thursday.

10 hours ago, GhostofZone#7 said:

3 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

To a reasonable degree I’m content with staying the course but if we make a very favorable deal then I’m fine.  I don’t want to give draft capital.  

Lottery odds don't change that much, plus we are a near 500 team when healthy. IMO, we are going to end up around 6 in odds give or take.

We are tied in 2nd, but Cavs are 1-9 in their last 10. Knicks are 1 game better than us and 3-7 in their last 10. Twolves are 2 games but on an 11 game losing streak. Charlotte is 3 games ahead, but 1-9 in their last 10. 

Also, I don't think improving our odds by a few percent(1st-3rd have a 14% chance at 1, while 6th is at 9%) is worth the effect losing could have. We saw how cancerous things got early in the season. I also think seeing their progress result in wins will boost our rookies confidence exponentially. 

2 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Lottery odds don't change that much, plus we are a near 500 team when healthy. IMO, we are going to end up around 6 in odds give or take.

We are tied in 2nd, but Cavs are 1-9 in their last 10. Knicks are 1 game better than us and 3-7 in their last 10. Twolves are 2 games but on an 11 game losing streak. Charlotte is 3 games ahead, but 1-9 in their last 10. 

Also, I don't think improving our odds by a few percent(1st-3rd have a 14% chance at 1, while 6th is at 9%) is worth the effect losing could have. We saw how cancerous things got early in the season. I also think seeing their progress result in wins will boost our rookies confidence exponentially. 

I disagree that percentage points don't matter. Just look at last season when we got worse case scenario and ended up at #8. If we were higher we could have still gotten Hunter at #4 and kept our #17 BKN pick.

You want best odds no matter the outcome.

We get a higher pick, we can also trade down for future draft capital.

Why Are Teams Calling About John Collins?

Bouncy 22-year-old big man John Collins is a nightly supplier of near-All-Star numbers. He's one of only five players averaging at least 19 points and 10 rebounds, and he's displaying substantial growth as a shooter and shot-blocker.

Why on earth would the rebuilding Atlanta Hawks ever consider letting him go? Good question, and one they couldn't even answer.

When Atlanta has gone center-searching, some clubs have asked about Collins, per ESPN's Zach Lowe, thinking the Hawks might be fretting over upcoming extension talks. But Atlanta has "shown no interest in dealing Collins on any of the general terms bandied about."

Does this mean he's untouchable? Probably not. Few players are. Even with his growing comfort on the perimeter, he's still most lethal when exploding to the rim, which could get tricky if the Hawks invest heavily in an interior anchor.

But that's a dilemma for a different day. Unless Atlanta is blown away by an offer, it shouldn't give a second thought to any Collins inquiries.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2873056-nba-rumors-tracker-buying-and-selling-the-latest-nba-trade-buzz

2 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

Why Are Teams Calling About John Collins?

Bouncy 22-year-old big man John Collins is a nightly supplier of near-All-Star numbers. He's one of only five players averaging at least 19 points and 10 rebounds, and he's displaying substantial growth as a shooter and shot-blocker.

Why on earth would the rebuilding Atlanta Hawks ever consider letting him go? Good question, and one they couldn't even answer.

When Atlanta has gone center-searching, some clubs have asked about Collins, per ESPN's Zach Lowe, thinking the Hawks might be fretting over upcoming extension talks. But Atlanta has "shown no interest in dealing Collins on any of the general terms bandied about."

Does this mean he's untouchable? Probably not. Few players are. Even with his growing comfort on the perimeter, he's still most lethal when exploding to the rim, which could get tricky if the Hawks invest heavily in an interior anchor.

But that's a dilemma for a different day. Unless Atlanta is blown away by an offer, it shouldn't give a second thought to any Collins inquiries.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2873056-nba-rumors-tracker-buying-and-selling-the-latest-nba-trade-buzz

Maybe in a deal for KAT or Giannis if one ever materialized (doubtful), but glad to hear this otherwise.

3 hours ago, jayu70 said:

I disagree that percentage points don't matter. Just look at last season when we got worse case scenario and ended up at #8. If we were higher we could have still gotten Hunter at #4 and kept our #17 BKN pick.

You want best odds no matter the outcome.

We get a higher pick, we can also trade down for future draft capital.

Nah. I'd rather not have Trae and Co pissed and the locker room becoming cancerous. Look at KAT's interview I posted. The dude doesn't want to be there anymore. 

Cavs, Suns, and Bulls had worse odds than us and didn't get a top 4 pick. Only the Knicks kept a top 4 pick and that was the 3rd pick. Lakers, Pelicans, and Grizz had a better record and jumped us. Lottery is a crapshoot. It is better not to create an environment where losing is accepted. 

Plus we already have 5 guys in our young core. PG is locked and PF is locked. We need a Center and SF/SG have their pieces, we are hoping pan out. We really don't need to be collecting more capital, unless we believe at least two of our wings will be busts. 

38 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Nah. I'd rather not have Trae and Co pissed and the locker room becoming cancerous. Look at KAT's interview I posted. The dude doesn't want to be there anymore. 

Cavs, Suns, and Bulls had worse odds than us and didn't get a top 4 pick. Only the Knicks kept a top 4 pick and that was the 3rd pick. Lakers, Pelicans, and Grizz had a better record and jumped us. Lottery is a crapshoot. It is better not to create an environment where losing is accepted. 

Plus we already have 5 guys in our young core. PG is locked and PF is locked. We need a Center and SF/SG have their pieces, we are hoping pan out. We really don't need to be collecting more capital, unless we believe at least two of our wings will be busts. 

One locker cancer, Crabbe gone - the other Turner relegated to splinter duty.

When fully healthy the team competes for the most part.

KAT isn't being traded by the deadline. Maybe the offseason but still highly unlikely. And if so, you really want a higher pick to use in trade for him at the draft.

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

One locker cancer, Crabbe gone - the other Turner relegated to splinter duty.

When fully healthy the team competes for the most part.

KAT isn't being traded by the deadline. Maybe the offseason but still highly unlikely. And if so, you really want a higher pick to use in trade for him at the draft.

No one said KAT was. I was pointing out how unhappy he is. Star players don't want to be stuck on losing teams. KAT is likely to demand a trade because his team is losing. Just like AD did to NO or just leave in FA. 

Let us not forget we almost traded for Drummond because Trae was unhappy. Almost destroyed the future of the rebuild because our star player was unhappy with losing. Even Ressler was involved in that trade. The only reason we didn't pull the trigger is because we started winning, which released the pressure to get something big done immediately. 

Losing doesn't guarantee us anything, while winning builds confidence in our young guys as well as keeps our star players happy and buying into the system and rebuild.