Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jayu70

Trade Deadline Countdown - 24 hours: Hawks trade for Jeff Teague and Clint Capela

After listening to LoH talk about the draft. I hope we can trade our pick for Mo Bamba. I think Bamba would be an amazing fit. He is 12th in minutes per game in Orlando, and doesn't seem like he will be able to break into the starting lineup. I think we could give him the minutes he needs and max his potential.

Even in the limited time, he is playing well. Shooting nearly 33% on 1.8 attempts from 3 and averaging 1.4 blocks in 15 minutes. His per 36 would have him be a 13/11 guy. 

2 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

After listening to LoH talk about the draft. I hope we can trade our pick for Mo Bamba. I think Bamba would be an amazing fit. He is 12th in minutes per game in Orlando, and doesn't seem like he will be able to break into the starting lineup. I think we could give him the minutes he needs and max his potential.

Even in the limited time, he is playing well. Shooting nearly 33% on 1.8 attempts from 3 and averaging 1.4 blocks in 15 minutes. His per 36 would have him be a 13/11 guy. 

Im on board with that. 

11 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

9 hours ago, therawest said:

Im on board with that. 

Bamba has been underwhelming, still very much a project and not worthy of our own top 5 pick.

I'd trade the 2020 BKN pick for him though.

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

Bamba has been underwhelming, still very much a project and not worthy of our own top 5 pick.

I'd want more value from our pick, but as a last resort, I would do it. I'd rather have Bamba over another guard.  He is buried on the depth chart, plus Bamba would be a top pick in this draft. 

Everyone in the draft is a project that needs minutes to develop. My issue is that we need to give that time to our current core. AE could be a bust or the next Dipo but he needs minutes. If AE gets minutes Huerter or Reddish will get less minutes to develop. 

If Collins could play center full time, this would be less of an issue, but we have seen that it is currently not possible. 

I'd want more value from our pick, but as a last resort, I would do it. I'd rather have Bamba over another guard.  He is buried on the depth chart, plus Bamba would be a top pick in this draft. 

Everyone in the draft is a project that needs minutes to develop. My issue is that we need to give that time to our current core. AE could be a bust or the next Dipo but he needs minutes. If AE gets minutes Huerter or Reddish will get less minutes to develop. 

If Collins could play center full time, this would be less of an issue, but we have seen that it is currently not possible. 

I'd rather use our pick or trade down and get a future pick and take a center (if even a project) in this draft vs using that pick to trade for Bamba. He's still a project and would be going into his 3rd season, meaning he's used up 2 years of his rookie deal. Rather have the 4 year rookie deal from the draft.

8 hours ago, jayu70 said:

I'd rather use our pick or trade down and get a future pick and take a center (if even a project) in this draft vs using that pick to trade for Bamba. He's still a project and would be going into his 3rd season, meaning he's used up 2 years of his rookie deal. Rather have the 4 year rookie deal from the draft.

4 years with a rookie that is going to be buried behind Cam, Huerter, Hunter or two years of Bamba at Center. It is very much pick your poison. 

4 years with a rookie that is going to be buried behind Cam, Huerter, Hunter or two years of Bamba at Center. It is very much pick your poison. 

You are assuming we pick Edwards. I'm not. 

I'd rather pick Wiseman (if available) and develop him as our Center of the future while we sign a FA Center to start next season.

38 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

I'd rather pick Wiseman (if available) and develop him as our Center of the future while we sign a FA Center to start next season.

They need to stop playing and just trade for Dedmon

2 hours ago, jayu70 said:

I am assuming we don't get the chance. We are no longer the worst team in the league. We are in a 3-way tie for 2nd, but are winning more games than the Cavs or Knicks. In the next 2-3 games, we will likely be exclusively in 4th place. The Wolves are 0-10 in their last 10 and in 5th place. We could legit be 5/6th worse by the all-star break. 

35 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I am assuming we don't get the chance. We are no longer the worst team in the league. We are in a 3-way tie for 2nd, but are winning more games than the Cavs or Knicks. In the next 2-3 games, we will likely be exclusively in 4th place. The Wolves are 0-10 in their last 10 and in 5th place. We could legit be 5/6th worse by the all-star break. 

The Wolves are interesting. I wonder if we could trade our two 1sts this year as a starting point for KAT. I assume we would have to give up a young player too, but I wonder if just A TON of picks would lessen the blow of who we had to give up

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

The Wolves are interesting. I wonder if we could trade our two 1sts this year as a starting point for KAT. I assume we would have to give up a young player too, but I wonder if just A TON of picks would lessen the blow of who we had to give up

KAT or Embiid would be the dream scenario as long as we can keep 3 of our young core pieces. Myles Turner would be next as long as we keep our young core. Then the generic centers(Drummond, Capela, Adams, etc) at a reasonable price and extension.  If all those wells are dry and we either can or dont want wiseman, I would say trade for Bamba. 

Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t think KAT and his 8 three point attempts a night is the center this team needs to be playing alongside Trae. Give me a guy like Capella or Adams who are going up for lobs, attacking the basket, crashing the glass hard, and playing elite Defense. Capella making an average of $15M/yr next 3 years is very tempting to me. 

2 hours ago, Shooter Says said:

Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t think KAT and his 8 three point attempts a night is the center this team needs to be playing alongside Trae. Give me a guy like Capella or Adams who are going up for lobs, attacking the basket, crashing the glass hard, and playing elite Defense. Capella making an average of $15M/yr next 3 years is very tempting to me. 

Ideally we would have someone that can do both. We need a better version of Dedmon. Someone who could space the floor and be a rim protector/defender/rebounder. I agree that defense is very important and probably the more important attribute. We have multiple guys that can score 20+ on any night, plus Trae can score 40+ on a night. 

On 1/30/2020 at 7:07 PM, jayu70 said:

My bad I thought he said BKNs pick.  I would NOT trade our pick for Mo Bamba. 

The Hawks have several expiring contracts, several young players and all of their draft capital, which could make Atlanta one of the most intriguing teams to watch as the Feb. 6 trade deadline approaches.

What we know about Schlenk is he’s not going to make any move just to say he made a trade to satisfy a fan base that wants an improved roster as soon as possible. He could have done that last year at the deadline when Prince, Dewayne Dedmon and Jeremy Lin were available. None of those players ultimately was traded before the deadline. 

Atlanta is 5-5 in its past 10 games and has been playing much better lately, but the team is still expected to remain patient at the deadline and not make a panicked trade to get out of the Eastern Conference cellar, something that was discussed a few weeks ago when Andre Drummond was mentioned as a possible target.

The untouchables

Trae Young ($6.3 million):

Young is the first Hawks player to be voted in as an All-Star starter since Dikembe Mutombo in 1998. The Hawks went more than two decades without having an All-Star starter voted in. Young is a star, and the Hawks are going to build around him for the years to come. 

Own first-round pick:

It’s possible the Hawks could end up trading their own first-round draft pick this summer, but they would not include that selection in a deal at the deadline without knowing where that pick will be before the lottery occurs in May.

Also untouchable, but not for talent reasons:

Vince Carter ($1.6 million)

No, the Hawks would not trade Carter to any team unless the 43-year-old requested a move. Carter doesn’t have much on-court value anymore anyway and wouldn’t make sense for any team to acquire.

Could move if a superstar would be in return

Kevin Huerter ($2.6 million)

The main questions that need to be answered during the rest of the season are what, exactly, Huerter’s value is and where he fits in best with this team. Is he actually the starting shooting guard of the future, or does he project as the team’s sixth man? Out of the current six core members, Huerter would be the most likely to be dealt if a move for a star needed to be made.

De’Andre Hunter ($7.1 million)

Hunter is a better shooter than he has shown so far in his career. His defense has been fine, but Reddish has been better on that end of the floor. It’s early, but it looks like the Hawks gave up too much capital to move up to No. 4 to draft him, but they have to be committed and give him time to show what he can be. Like Reddish, he does have the potential to be a legit two-way player.

Cam Reddish ($4.3 million)

What a turnaround it was for Reddish in January. He ended up shooting 40 percent from 3 and looked much more confident on offense. He looked like a totally different player on offense from what he was in his first three months in the NBA. His game is clearly maturing, which is massive for the Hawks and their outlook.

Reddish is already a good defensive player, and if he’s the kind of player on offense he showed during January, the Hawks have the makings of a legitimate two-way threat, which is exactly what they need.

John Collins ($2.7 million)

Collins has elevated his game on defense, which, as with Reddish, is massively important for the Hawks. Collins is playing out of position as a center, in my opinion. He’s fine playing there against smaller lineups, but he shouldn’t be there nightly. His defense is clearly better than it was last season. His 3-point shooting has taken a dip from last season, but he’s still enough of a threat to be a spacing big man. Collins is still a 20-10 machine, and now that he’s legitimately good on defense, he has to be listed as the second-most-important player for the Hawks.

The expiring contracts that could help facilitate a trade for a marquee player

Evan Turner ($18.6 million)

Jeff Teague ($19 million)

Teague has played almost half his minutes alongside Young, and it hasn’t been a role he has looked all that comfortable in. He told The Athletic in Toronto earlier this week that part of the reason he has struggled so far is the adjustment to his new role. “I’m a point guard. I’m comfortable with the ball in my hands,” Teague said. “I don’t have a problem playing off the ball. It’s difficult, but it’s different.

Maybe these players have a future with the Hawks

Alex Len ($4.2 million)

After being moved to the bench, Len has played well on both ends of the floor and certainly has the most value out of all the expiring contracts. If Len is not traded, the Hawks could decide to bring him back this summer. 

DeAndre’ Bembry ($2.6 million)

Bembry doesn’t perfectly fit with how the Hawks want to play — he’s a wing who can’t shoot — but he theoretically has value because of his effort on defense.

The Hawks likely will let Bembry test free agency this summer if he’s not traded.

Jabari Parker ($6.5 million) 

Those few weeks when it looked like a lock that Parker would opt out of his player option this summer because of his level of offense seem like they happened in a different season. Parker has missed 16 of the past 17 games with a shoulder injury.....When healthy, Parker could give a playoff team more scoring off the bench and a player who is efficient in pushing the pace and getting to the rim with efficiency. 

Brooklyn’s lottery-protected first-round pick

The Hawks are not opposed to moving this pick, especially if it can bring back a high-level player who can help for the rest of this season and beyond. 

Salary filler

Treveon Graham ($1.6 million)

Damian Jones ($2.3 million)

Bruno Fernando ($1.4 million)

Fernando doesn’t necessarily fit in any of these tiers. He’s kind of in a category on his own, but because of his salary, he would have to be included in the salary-filler tier. He doesn’t fit under the core six players just yet, but his value has certainly grown the past few weeks. The first couple of months of the season it was clear that he was nowhere near making any sort of meaningful impact, but he was better in January.

Would trade for bags of balls totaling $25 million, if they could

Chandler Parsons ($25.1 million)

2 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Capella and Nene for Turner and BKN  1st easily gets it done. Hawks cut Nene.

Is HOU really that desperate to trade him? He's averaging 14 and 14 with 2 blocks and a PER of 21 on a very appealing contract. 

5 minutes ago, Shooter Says said:

Is HOU really that desperate to trade him? He's averaging 14 and 14 with 2 blocks and a PER of 21 on a very appealing contract. 

No, I don't think they are looking to dump him.

I was just respondong to Rowlands contention that a straight trade between these two team wasn't possible and laying out how it was possible.

Houston has put their 1st round picks on the table for trade to upgrade their roster. 

Suggestions I've seen is 3 way trade with Minny, some interation of:

Len/Parker, Covington, to Houston

Capella to Hawks

BKN 1st to and Houston 1st to Minny 

Been over at Hawksquawk a lot lately, and I don't like what one of the guys over there is saying he's been hearing. I don't know his rep, but there is a possibly of Collins for JJJ is something he's said, but how high the percentage is maybe like 35% happens.

2 hours ago, GhostofZone#7 said:

Been over at Hawksquawk a lot lately, and I don't like what one of the guys over there is saying he's been hearing. I don't know his rep, but there is a possibly of Collins for JJJ is something he's said, but how high the percentage is maybe like 35% happens.

I have seen rumors on Twitter about JC being available but I don’t think it’s substantial.  Here is an article I read

John Collins Trade Rumors: Multiple Teams 'Feeling Out' Hawks' Price for PF

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2874034-john-collins-trade-rumors-multiple-teams-feeling-out-hawks-price-for-pf

28 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I have seen rumors on Twitter about JC being available but I don’t think it’s substantial.  Here is an article I read

John Collins Trade Rumors: Multiple Teams 'Feeling Out' Hawks' Price for PF

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2874034-john-collins-trade-rumors-multiple-teams-feeling-out-hawks-price-for-pf

Collins' name came up when Towns was available. Collins would only be available in a package for a Superstar. So now the narrative is he might be available for a Center any center  which isn't true.

Hawks are looking for a C to pair WITH Collins. Not include him in a trade for someone like Capela.

The Grizz would be asking too much for JJJ and wouldn't be worth it. Our rebounding would really suck.

Wait. Hawksquawk is finally back???