Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jayu70

Trade Deadline Countdown - 24 hours: Hawks trade for Jeff Teague and Clint Capela

Update From the guy who knows a guy:

We did inquire about Poetl. We also inquired about several others including Myles Turner. No framework from what I've heard so far. 

It's highly unlikely Goodwin will be converted to a standard NBA deal before the deadline. The reason why is because Atlanta needs that slot for trades. He heard Atlanta might be interested in a long term min contract. 

Atlanta is open to anything and they want to improve the bench A LOT. I knew that already but we would have had some trades right now if as TS put it in the 92.9 interview, guys weren't scared to pull the trigger. That's what's holding things back for Atlanta. 

There will be a lot of trades by us or with us in it. We will be active. I think Tony is ready and TS is as well. Just some of the players mentioned that are in framework is making my mouth water. Shooting galore. Trae will be happy. The bench will be badass like it was for Sap's last season when we had Hardaway Jr. 

This team will be extremely good. 

As far as values go, here is the updated chart: 

The core is not available for trades: Cam, Trae, John, Hunt, and Kev. 

The 2019 Atlanta 1st is not available.

2019 Brooklyn 1st and/or future Atlanta based 1sts could be available for a young potential star. 

Bruno is considered special and only available for a significant asset only. 

OKC 2022 1st is considered special and only available for a significant asset only.  

Atlanta is considering Parker, Len, and Bembry as key young players they value and can help a team's rotation. 

4 hours ago, jayu70 said:

We did inquire about Poetl. We also inquired about several others including Myles Turner. No framework from what I've heard so far. 

It's highly unlikely Goodwin will be converted to a standard NBA deal before the deadline. The reason why is because Atlanta needs that slot for trades. He heard Atlanta might be interested in a long term min contract. 

Atlanta is open to anything and they want to improve the bench A LOT. I knew that already but we would have had some trades right now if as TS put it in the 92.9 interview, guys weren't scared to pull the trigger. That's what's holding things back for Atlanta. 

There will be a lot of trades by us or with us in it. We will be active. I think Tony is ready and TS is as well. Just some of the players mentioned that are in framework is making my mouth water. Shooting galore. Trae will be happy. The bench will be badass like it was for Sap's last season when we had Hardaway Jr. 

2019 Brooklyn 1st and/or future Atlanta based 1sts could be available for a young potential star. 

OKC 2022 1st is considered special and only available for a significant asset only.  

Atlanta is considering Parker, Len, and Bembry as key young players they value and can help a team's rotation. 

Surprised that Bruno is considered special... But I too wouldn't just give him away. 

Bembry is useless to me, he can be readily upgraded. We shouldn't hesitate to part ways with him. 

4 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Nice call on there will be a lot of trades with us - Teague is a good pickup.

I was browsing a T Wolves message board, and saw posts on there how they thought Teague's contract wouldn't be tradeable this season. The Hawks have positioned themselves nicely for a flurry of moves here at the deadline with all of our expirings. A lot of teams won't be able to match salaries with expiring contracts like we can. It's why the Teague deal got done and why I think Drummond will eventually be a Hawk before the deadline. 

Edited by Shooter Says

Treveon Graham:

Graham had fallen out of the rotation in recent weeks as the Timberwolves have intensified their focus on the development of rookie Jarrett Culver. The fourth-year 3-and-D project has struggled immensely from three-point range this season, shooting only 24.1 percent across 83 attempts this season. He is also struggling just as much going to the rim, which was never his strong suit, as he is shooting 44 percent at the rim this season, all the way down in the sixth percentile among forwards.

Graham showed prowess from three-point range in limited action two seasons ago with Charlotte, but has struggled to regain that stroke ever since. Nonetheless, it costs the Hawks nothing but the cash they’ll pay him to bring him in. He represents another switchable defender at 6’6, and figures to slot in somewhere in the Hawks mix of wing depth with DeAndre’ Bembry behind the likes of De’Andre Hunter, Kevin Huerter and Cam Reddish. Then again, Atlanta’s side of this trade was primarily about getting Teague, with Graham perhaps thrown in as a small cash savings for the Wolves. Given how poorly Graham has played this year for Minnesota, it wouldn’t necessarily be a surprise if the Hawks cut him loose in favor of an open roster spot.

1 hour ago, DirtybyrdGA said:

Wow a thread for trades on Wednesday  and not rumors or in talks with, but an actual  trade going down  on Thursday!

With those results maybe do a daily game thread!

Yeah. Might should start one for the Braves as well

Update Time:

Three involving Atlanta, the rest, other teams in the NBA. 

1. There is this big four team deal being talked about involving an All Star SG. Even potentially a protected 1st in the deal. Atlanta has been rumored to be in talks as well but not for the All Star SG but as an extra team. Not sure our role at this time. Still getting details but I was told, this deal is moving faster than usual. (I think it's Demar DeRozan)

2. Philly is looking to add another center. They are targeting Alex Len, Jacob Poeltl and a couple of others. 

3. LAL/MIN/ATL deal fell through which is what I thought when the Teague deal happened without the other pieces I was told about. MIN wanted more value from the Lakers as Covington is one of the most coveted players in this current trade market. 

4. Lakers are worried about their trade options. Bogi is out of reach and MIN has pulled back. They really want another sharpshooter guard. Watch for them to target Luke Kennard. No traction yet but that was his take. 

5. Mentioned a lot of teams are waiting to the summer of 2020 to make trades. 

6. Spurs are a team that's looking to flip players for assets and are potentially sellers if the price is right. 

7. Thinks Iggy will not be traded. Says he thinks the buyout market will have better players than usual but far less than usual as well.   

Update:

Hawks are working on deals with Adams (OKC), Bertrans (WAS), Horford (PHI), Len(PHI), Poelthl (SAS), Plumlee (DEN), Marvin Williams (CHA). All are in framework. I was told teams around the league know about most of these. I can't talk about where we stand with most of these deals but for Adams, it's close and for Bertrans, it's close. 

Both teams are waiting to see if they can get better offers closer to the deadline is all I got as far as more detail. 

Teams that are interested in the following Hawks players:

Len - LAC, PHI, MEM, and TOR. Could be more but that's all I know so far. No framework him. 

I won't include the framework teams but for Parker- POR, MIA, PHX. 

Bembry - No one now that the Minny three way fell through. 

Edited by jayu70