FalconsIn2012

Paradigm Shift: TD Has Finally Seen The Light

49 posts in this topic

A rumor is floating around Flowery Branch.  It’s juicy.

Apparently TD has made some Falcons based New Years resolutions.  First, he promises not to get first round tunnel vision. In fact, he said a move out of Round 1 to grab additional top 120 picks is quite possible.  

His second resolution is to no longer add trash like Carpenter, Brown, Stocker & Ty to an already inflated Falcons CAP.  Fiscal responsibility is the term being thrown around.  And with that in mind:  

The theme of this draft is PLAYMAKERS.  They all fit the bill.  We pick three playmakers in the secondary, two of who are #1 & #2 in the NCAA in INT’s...we pick a better version of Freeman....our starting LG and future Mack replacement...a beast next to Grady...a tackling machine who is Bobby Wagner light....and a guy who basically averaged a sack and TFL per game over 39 games.  So here it is...

3m75ws.jpg 

This might be the year to move down. This team isn't so much in need of superstar talent as it is solid depth. I think the one exception is at DE where we really need someone to be a stud for us there (who doesn't?). However, I doubt we can plug that hole with the 16th pick anyway.

27 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Apparently TD has made some Falcons based New Years resolutions.  First, he promises not to get first round tunnel vision. In fact, he said a move out of Round 1 to grab additional top 120 picks is quite possible.  

His second resolution is to no longer add trash like Carpenter, Brown, Stocker & Ty to an already inflated Falcons CAP.  Fiscal responsibility is the term being thrown around.  And with that in mind:  

The theme of this draft is PLAYMAKERS.  They all fit the bill.  We pick three playmakers in the secondary, two of who are #1 & #2 in the NCAA in INT’s...we pick a better version of Freeman....our starting LG and future Mack replacement...a beast next to Grady...a tackling machine who is Bobby Wagner light....and a guy who basically averaged a sack and TFL per game over 39 games.  So here it is...

3m75ws.jpg 

I approve man!!

FalconsIn2012 likes this

27 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

3m75ws.jpg 

I'm sorry... Your Avatar distracted me to the point of not being able to comprehend. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

This might be the year to move down. This team isn't so much in need of superstar talent as it is solid depth. I think the one exception is at DE where we really need someone to be a stud for us there (who doesn't?). However, I doubt we can plug that hole with the 16th pick anyway.

I’d bring back Clay, sign Irvin (had 8 sacks last year) and develop Weaver

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Didn't you make a similar thread last year with (5) 2nd round picks? 

This one is much better, and believable. It's the Patriot model

Yes...lol.  I did an all 2nd round mock.  We had 6 2nd round picks and that’s it.  

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

5 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Didn't you make a similar thread last year with (5) 2nd round picks? 

This one is much better, and believable. It's the Patriot model

Exactly what I was thinking. This would be like TD seeing the light and getting back to his roots. Would be an awesome draft. Of course everybody knows TD is giving up 16, 47, 55, 78 and 109 to move up to Pick #3 for Chase Young. :slick:

Not a big fan of Raekwon Davis and whilst I love Kyle Dugger, he's now at the point of being overrated and still a day 3 prospect in my book (tools guy who is probably going to move to LB in the NFL). That said I like the idea of 9 picks in the first 110 picks.

A-TowN.- and FalconsIn2012 like this

6 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Exactly what I was thinking. This would be like TD seeing the light and getting back to his roots. Would be an awesome draft. Of course everybody knows TD is giving up 16, 47, 55, 78 and 109 to move up to Pick #3 for Chase Young. :slick:

LOL...and some fans would love it

2 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

Not a big fan of Raekwon Davis and whilst I love Kyle Dugger, he's now at the point of being overrated and still a day 3 prospect in my book (tools guy who is probably going to move to LB in the NFL). That said I like the idea of 9 picks in the first 110 picks.

I would have taken Marvin Wilson at that spot but he went back to FSU.

Obvioysly the pics will be something we  don’t all agree on.  And that’s no biggie.  The idea is  that with two trade backs we could turn 5 top 132 picks into 9 top 110 picks.  

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I would have taken Marvin Wilson at that spot but he went back to FSU.

Obvioysly the pics will be something we  don’t all agree on.  And that’s no biggie.  The idea is  that with two trade backs we could turn 5 top 132 picks into 9 top 110 picks.  

It's not that I wouldn't take Weaver, I just think he's going to climb, but your entire offseason, if it includes signing Glasgow, is.100% what we should do. GReat thread

FalconsIn2012 likes this

After 12 years I doubt he will change. Our OL will always be horrible and allow Ryan to get sacked way to much and our DL will never be able to put constant pressure on the opposing QB.

TD likes small weak trenches and after 12 years I doubt that will change.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

3m75ws.jpg 

Luke Stocker? He's been fantastic.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

3m75ws.jpg 

Nice Bizarro World draft. I expect to live in Utah with 7 swimsuit model wives before that failed GC magazine cover of a GM trades out of the first round though.

FalconsIn2012 likes this