Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lju713

Delpit didn't impress me

16 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Definitely horrible value @16 considering some of the safeties projected to go in rnd 3. 

It's going to be interesting to see who we pick.

Agree. We got CAP problems, its do-or-die for Quinn and TD. Going to be very interesting. Their #16 pick needs to be epic. No, I take that back. Their #16 pick needs to be HOF quality and #47, 55 need to be epic. But I digress.

16 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I think that people keyed completely on one aspect of his game and ignored both the rest of his game and the other players around him. He has issues in run support, but he has so many positives. He can man up on tight ends, and he did so multiple times without allowing receptions. He has tremendous range and almost had an interception. He's a terrific blitzer and had a sack last night. He has so many positives. 

I think I'd rather have Chaisson on this team, if we pick an LSU guy in the 1st, but Delpit is a terrific player and can be an asset to any team if they use him the right way. He can straight up be an elite player in the league in the right situation.

Agreed. I really like Chaisson. He plays like a dog and has fairly elite measurables/speed.

5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

AJ Epensa(DE), Javon Kinlaw(DT), Isaiah Simmons(OLB/S), and Yetur Gross-Matos(DE - pending outcome of background check/lawsuit at Penn State).

Falcons need to be swimming in the pond above - not Grant Delpit.   If all four of those guys are gone, trade down if you can. 

Kinlaw and Gross-Matos are my targets. 

5 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree. We got CAP problems, its do-or-die for Quinn and TD. Going to be very interesting. Their #16 pick needs to be epic. No, I take that back. Their #16 pick needs to be HOF quality and #47, 55 need to be epic. But I digress.

HAha!

Post of the year!

10 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

I wouldn’t be upset if we took him. He’s still the best safety in this class because of his insane range and coverage ability. I do worry about his run defense, but I think that is correctable, especially with the addition of Joe Whitt Jr. to the coaching staff.

Delpit has the same concerns I had for Eddie Jackson coming out, and he’s turned out just fine.

He has a down year, but 2018 film was so good. Is he my first choice? No, but I wouldn’t be upset.

Very similar to Eddie Jackson. I'd been saying Earl Thomas, but that's definitely a more realistic comparison.

7 hours ago, Summerhill said:

Question for those not impressed. Is it run defense or pass defense or both that you're not impressed by? 

His pass D is terrific, so definitely not that.

10 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Safety is just horrible value in the 1st round anyway unless you are getting Earl Thomas or Eric Berry.

And I agree w/ the OP - Delpit is overrated and was not deserving of the Thorpe award - they basically gave it to him off of reputation of what he did the previous year.

If you are gonna take a hybrid LB/S in 1st round, you take Isaiah Simmons if he fell that far.

Simmons is likely to go top 5. Top 10 at worst. He has similar issues to Delpit tbh, doesn't always play hard. I do like him a lot though. Delpit also isn't any sort of hybrid LB. 

11 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

That's what I'm thinking so if someone is squawking about a free safety with great coverage skills not being great in run support, I'd say the priorities are off. 

18 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Very similar to Eddie Jackson. I'd been saying Earl Thomas, but that's definitely a more realistic comparison.

Simmons is likely to go top 5. Top 10 at worst. He has similar issues to Delpit tbh, doesn't always play hard. I do like him a lot though. Delpit also isn't any sort of hybrid LB. 

I always get a laugh when I think of all the teams that let Eddie go by and now he is the highest played guy at his position in the league!

I loved watching him play at Bama, he was all heart and when he fell to the 4th round I was shocked, but he proved them all wrong!

1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I always get a laugh when I think of all the teams that let Eddie go by and now he is the highest played guy at his position in the league!

I loved watching him play at Bama, he was all heart and when he fell to the 4th round I was shocked, but he proved them all wrong!

Still don't get how he fell that far. People here mocked him in the 2nd or 3rd, I definitely wanted him in the 3rd when it rolled around...and we took Duke Riley. Dunno why TD tries to get cute like that in the 3rd. It's so consistent and so infuriating.

30 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Still don't get how he fell that far. People here mocked him in the 2nd or 3rd, I definitely wanted him in the 3rd when it rolled around...and we took Duke Riley. Dunno why TD tries to get cute like that in the 3rd. It's so consistent and so infuriating.

He broke his leg toward the end of his senior season. It was a clean break and wasn't expected to impact him long term, but I guess they didn't believe. 

He will always be one of my favorites at Bama!

On 1/15/2020 at 1:22 PM, PokerSteve said:

This of course means that pick 16 will be "questionable" and picks 47 and 55 will be "ludicrous".