Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
socalriseup

NEW JERSEYS IN APRIL!!!

2 hours ago, k-train said:

Jesus, that looks like their luggage got mixed up at the airport & they had to wear some other teams uniform with their own goofy looking, ridiculously wide-striped helmet.

That's the point. Go with a plain, ugly uniform that's simple. Pittsburgh, Dallas, Green Bay, Alabama, and even the current Georgia uniforms are simple, plain and can be called ugly. But they WIN. That's the point. Losing teams have flashy, bold uniforms...

13 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

That's the point. Go with a plain, ugly uniform that's simple. Pittsburgh, Dallas, Green Bay, Alabama, and even the current Georgia uniforms are simple, plain and can be called ugly. But they WIN. That's the point. Losing teams have flashy, bold uniforms...

None of those teams have ugly jerseys. All of them are considered classics. That's the main reason why they have never made major changes and maybe just light alterations to them over the years.

Steelers need to return to those great block number fonts like they had back in the day. Don't know why they ever went to that ugly slanted italic number font.

3 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

None of those teams have ugly jerseys. All of them are considered classics. That's the main reason why they have never made major changes and maybe just light alterations to them over the years.

Steelers need to return to those great block number fonts like they had back in the day. Don't know why they ever went to that ugly slanted italic number font.

CLASSIC.  We are saying the same thing...

16 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Those uniforms are great gtfo lol

6 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

CLASSIC.  We are saying the same thing...

But they aren't ugly, that's why they've stood the test of time and are still looked at as the best uniforms in the NFL today.

Classic means they aren't ugly and are actually great.

I would put the Bears, Colts, Raiders, and Chiefs in that category of classics as well.

Niners and Bills had to revert to the past to take a modernize spin on their most classic uniforms.

8 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Those uniforms are great gtfo lol

Yes they are.  They are plain and can be called ugly, put the fact they are classics make them look good. This is subjective...

6 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

But they aren't ugly, that's why they've stood the test of time and are still looked at as the best uniforms in the NFL today.

Classic means they aren't ugly and are actually great.

I would put the Bears, Colts, Raiders, and Chiefs in that category of classics as well.

Niners and Bills had to revert to the past to take a modernize spin on their most classic uniforms.

This is subjective. To me they are ugly but look good because they are classics,  if you get where I'm coming from...

3 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Yes they are.  They are plain and can be called ugly, put the fact they are classics make them look good. This is subjective...

No it's not. Your posting sucks so no one will look back and call it classic. Classics are classics because they're great and stood the test of time.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Man, this has gotta be THEE MOST tight with a secret that this organization has had. Ever!  Besides war room boards, this is some magic bullet ****. Geez!!

I mean, we WERE secretly pumping in crowd noise for our home games...soooo that might have been the tightest secret of the organization. At least until it wasn't. Hahaha

Edited by Since1990

12 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

This is subjective. To me they are ugly but look good because they are classics,  if you get where I'm coming from...

How can you say they look good because they are classics, but yet think they are ugly?

They wouldn't be labeled classics and still worn today if majority of people thought they were ugly.

24 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Having uniforms that try to get too creative are usually the breeding ground for disaster.

Take Bucs and Browns most recent uniforms for instance.

As for being too plain, the Giants uniforms for about the last 2 decades are a huge example of being so plain that they were a huge step down from the Lawrence Taylor era uniforms. Those LT era uniforms are classics.

22 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Oh so if we had bad taste we'd see it

I think he's getting plain confused with traditional.

Those uniforms listed aren't plain, they're just not overly busy in design and are classic because they are more traditional in their ability to be current in any era with just light alterations that aren't that noticable.

22 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Those uniforms listed aren't plain, they're just not overly busy in design and are classic because they are more traditional in their ability to be current in any era with just light alterations that aren't that noticable.

The Falcons current uniforms are too busy.  We agree there.  If they went back to the 70s red uniform and update them, let's say a red jersey with a grey pant, red helmet with updated logo.

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

This is accurate and also exactly what I’d hoped for ours.  

4 hours ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

This is accurate and also exactly what I’d hoped for ours.  

Yeah, it would be great for the Falcons to revert back to more traditional uniforms that can become signature to the franchise.

Cowboys, Packers, Bears, Redskins, Steelers, Chiefs, Raiders, Colts, and Lions(their design template for the most part) all have signature looks that have stood for over 50 years.

Browns had a traditional look until their change to the recent abominations. Hopefully they get back to that in a modernized spin on their traditional uniforms like what the Niners and Bills have done.

I think the Falcons should do the same with their new uniforms, whether they go with the red, black, or both uniforms in a modernized update.

5 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Having uniforms that try to get too creative are usually the breeding ground for disaster.

Take Bucs and Browns most recent uniforms for instance.

As for being too plain, the Giants uniforms for about the last 2 decades are a huge example of being so plain that they were a huge step down from the Lawrence Taylor era uniforms. Those LT era uniforms are classics.

See, I agree with you that the 80s/90s Giants uniforms were great but one of the reasons they ditched them was to go back to what they wore back before that to appease people. Same thing the 49ers and Bills did and the Jets did.

8 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

See, I agree with you that the 80s/90s Giants uniforms were great but one of the reasons they ditched them was to go back to what they wore back before that to appease people. Same thing the 49ers and Bills did and the Jets did.

Yeah, I remember.

Now Giants fans want the LT era uniforms back after seeing the away ones as their color rush lol.

Giants current uniforms are extremely plain, especially their home blue ones. Still can't figure out why their current away jerseys have stripes on the sleeves but yet their home jerseys are just basic blue with the white NY logo on the sleeves and white numbers.

Giants are the only team where their home and away jerseys are two totally different designs.

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, I remember.

Now Giants fans want the LT era uniforms back after seeing the away ones as their color rush lol.

Giants current uniforms are extremely plain, especially their home blue ones. Still can't figure out why their current away jerseys have stripes on the sleeves but yet their home jerseys are just basic blue with the white NY logo on the sleeves and white numbers.

Giants are the only team where their home and away jerseys are two totally different designs.

I absolutely love their home uniforms, especially since they started wearing the white pants. Then again I think plain looks smooth and clean and just plain badass if done correctly. Their road uniforms suck major monkey balls.

In my opinion uniform designs don't get my better than this.

Eli-Manning-featuredalala.jpg

4 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, it would be great for the Falcons to revert back to more traditional uniforms that can become signature to the franchise.

Cowboys, Packers, Bears, Redskins, Steelers, Chiefs, Raiders, Colts, and Lions(their design template for the most part) all have signature looks that have stood for over 50 years.

Browns had a traditional look until their change to the recent abominations. Hopefully they get back to that in a modernized spin on their traditional uniforms like what the Niners and Bills have done.

I think the Falcons should do the same with their new uniforms, whether they go with the red, black, or both uniforms in a modernized update.

Totally agree!!

12 hours ago, Spts1 said:

There are a number of teams with simple and plain uniforms that lose, so I don't see the correlation in that at all. Oddly enough though am I the only one that likes the Packers and Steelers throwbacks more?

7 minutes ago, TheHeartless said:

There are a number of teams with simple and plain uniforms that lose, so I don't see the correlation in that at all. Oddly enough though am I the only one that likes the Packers and Steelers throwbacks more?

Lol. Yep. And not just that, the Steelers were major losers their first 40 years of history. Prior to the 1970s the Steelers were just like the Falcons. They were something like 100 games below .500 and had never won a playoff game and had only a couple winning seasons. That's the reason I laugh when people say the Falcons can never become a winning franchise because they've spent too many years losing.