• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watch it be some #######

Finally  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Did anywhere say which was the helmet logo? Or will they just keep the traditional horns?

I don't think they ever mentioned anything about it.

My best guess is that the horns remain with that updated design.

Whether the LA letters become part of the helmet design with the horns or not is another thing.

4 hours ago, LightningDawg58 said:

His bio reads SVP / CCO of AMB

So Senior Vice President, Chief Commercial Officer.

His role likely oversees the entire roll out of these uniforms from a marketing and merchandise perspective.

So his bias is probably because he has been around this entire process from start to finish. 

And his *** is on the line for them as well......

10 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Too many trolls in the world. The other 31 teams fans would vote for clearly the worst one just to be a-holes.

Might be an issue for a team like the Pats or Cowboys who a lot of people hate, but I don't think there's anywhere close to enough trolls to outnumber those that would pick legitimate options in most cases. 

15 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

No. Y'all gotta stop this leak **** man. Uniforms haven't been leaked until hours before if they even are leaked.

Yeah I don’t understand this “leak stuff”.  They will come out at the exact time that AB and marketing staff desire.

my guess would be it would be at draft time

12 hours ago, MDFalconFan said:

I don't understand why teams don't present several designs and let the fans vote for the favorite.

It’s not done in this manner because the NFL is very tight with its properties and that includes ample lead time for manufacturers to produce the new gear and get it into the market, as well as inform sponsors, commercial partners, and TV networks about changes to reflect the new branding. Think of a company like Nike. Imagine how many Todd Gurley and Julio Jones jerseys are going to be in demand in a few weeks time. They need sufficient time to manufacturer and supply their vendors with gear. It’s a different era than the nixed 49ers logo that lasted for a few days before they backtracked on that decision and said they were reverting to the old logo. Think about all the merchandise from pennants bearing the helmet to Bud Light NFL sponsorship pieces you see in your local grocery store. It’s a big industry where things are decided a year or two in advance.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah I don’t understand this “leak stuff”.  They will come out at the exact time that AB and marketing staff desire.

my guess would be it would be at draft time

They leaked in 2003 I was here.  Maybe you mean marketing leaks them on purpose

On 3/26/2020 at 9:23 PM, MDFalconFan said:

I don't understand why teams don't present several designs and let the fans vote for the favorite.

Because those who vote in these contests tend to be flippant idiots. For example, a new minor league baseball team is starting up this spring (or more likely summer due to COVIN-19) in the Huntsville, Alabama area. The name of the team was left to public vote; the winner: the Rocket City TrashPandas. (A "TrashPanda" is apparently a raccoon.) In my august opinion, a more dumb name for a sports team couldn't be chosen.

2 hours ago, Falcon Freddie said:

Because those who vote in these contests tend to be flippant idiots. For example, a new minor league baseball team is starting up this spring (or more likely summer due to COVIN-19) in the Huntsville, Alabama area. The name of the team was left to public vote; the winner: the Rocket City TrashPandas. (A "TrashPanda" is apparently a raccoon.) In my august opinion, a more dumb name for a sports team couldn't be chosen.

Yeah, they left Mobile and the voting was open to Mobilians and we flooded the polls with that name. 

On 3/26/2020 at 10:23 PM, MDFalconFan said:

^^^^^^ This! DUHHH! Why would you ever do such an important project as a sports franchise without extensive fan input from start to finish? Would be cool if the team (players) and fans collaborated on it.

8 hours ago, Falcon Freddie said:

But if you gave the fans say 4 names/logos to choose from it wouldn't happen like this.