Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
socalriseup

NEW JERSEYS IN APRIL!!!

4 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

If you go back about 10 pages or so, you’ll see where I said I liked those Bucs jerseys.  So for them to bring the back but clean them up is just fine with me.  Just as it would be a win if we brought back our old jerseys and cleaned them up.  Instead we’re trying some mad scientist, Oregon ducks bs.  

Yeah, I think we both had a very short discussion about it. Those Gruden era Bucs jerseys were pretty decent.

Bucs bringing them back with some cleaned up touches is a plus.

5 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, I think we both had a very short discussion about it. Those Gruden era Bucs jerseys were pretty decent.

Bucs bringing them back with some cleaned up touches is a plus.

We should have taken a page out of their book...I'm hoping we did based on the reveal videos being similar.  One can only hope...

8 minutes ago, Absolute said:

We should have taken a page out of their book...I'm hoping we did based on the reveal videos being similar.  One can only hope...

Why are some of you talking as if you already know the uniforms are bad?

So far we have

Nike says red helmet 

Riddell guy says black helmet 

Guy says jerseys have big stripe on side

Now it's two tone jerseys 

Etc etc

No. One. Knows. ****.

2 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Could this be a clue!!??

Clue or not, that bag is awesome. Would love to have one of those...interesting that they used the helmet logo from 66 to 96 logo (wing lines don't go to bottom of wing)- that's personally my favorite Falcons logo.

2 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

Clue or not, that bag is awesome. Would love to have one of those...interesting that they used the helmet logo from 66 to 96 logo (wing lines don't go to bottom of wing)- that's personally my favorite Falcons logo.

This would be a thing of beauty but I don’t dare get my hopes up.  I’ll be ecstatic w a Classic uni and red helmet.....top that w old logo and I’d buy a ticket. 

22 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

This would be a thing of beauty but I don’t dare get my hopes up.  I’ll be ecstatic w a Classic uni and red helmet.....top that w old logo and I’d buy a ticket. 

I don't see the old logo ever coming back as the Falcons primary logo. For how iconic it is, it still looks very dated and it doesn't mesh with logos of today.

It will remain a retro/throwback logo.

39 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

So far we have

Nike says red helmet 

Etc etc

No. One. Knows. ****.

What if it is a red and black helmet with a big stripe on the side and two-toned uniform? Lol

Just joking, but we honestly don't really have a clue what they are gonna look like. Hear-say/rumor details are all over the place.

In my opinion, that is a weak looking helmet.  The logo is barely visible and does not look aggressive enough.  I like the nostalgia, but it really does belong in the past.  

I am hoping for a modern, clean look with a blood red helmet.  

We'll see.  

13 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

Atlanta Falcons: Identity Crisis Forces Them to Mix and Match

ATL_original.jpg?1292453544

In 2003, the Atlanta Falcons decided to change their image and add a very unique look to their uniform set. These black tops would only last for two seasons as the red alternate jerseys ended up being the main look for the team.

The problem that came with this was that the team had options for uniform combinations. The team had already introduced black pants to go with the black jerseys, and someone decided it was good to throw that with the red jerseys.

One of the problems with this combination was that it looked like something that a high school team would do. Whenever a colored jersey is brighter than the pants, it is best to avoid putting those two together.

^^^This is a 2010 BR article but I’ve never been a big fan of the red/black jersey/pant combo: They weren’t designed to go together!! The black on black worked. The red jersey just wasn’t meant to be a versatile jersey with the alt pants. OTOH, the black pants could have been used more often with our road uniforms.

HOnestly, those were my fave uni's of the new unis back then

11 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

More likely is that it's a stock photo someone had on hand from when they wore the throwbacks when Brian Poole (#34) was on the team...our current 34 is Chris Cooper.  If you were planning to give a clue would that be the best options... a guy whose not even on the team anymore or a back up player :lol:

16 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

Atlanta Falcons: Identity Crisis Forces Them to Mix and Match

ATL_original.jpg?1292453544

This was absolutely the best combo of our modern uniforms.  There's balance with it - black helmet to red jersey to black pants.  The black jersey/black pants were good, the red jersey/white pants are okay, and I hate the white jersey/white pants combo.  Why they stopped using this red/black combo, as well as the all-black uniforms has always puzzled me.  Those color rush jerseys would have looked awesome with black pants.

The red on black was always a joy to see.  White on black was even better to me.  

But now they want to add some fading gradient effect to the uniform, and that is tacky af.  There comes a time where trying to be too “ahead of the game” makes you look like a clown i.e. that jaguars two tone helmets, the bucs current unis, the hawks unis, etc...

Keep it simple, stupid.  That’s all I ask.  They want to look hip and cool instead of classic and timeless, and honestly going that direction truly shows they’re not in touch with the fan base at all.

Just now, KRUNKuno said:

The red on black was always a joy to see.  White on black was even better to me.  

But now they want to add some fading gradient effect to the uniform, and that is tacky af.  There comes a time where trying to be too “ahead of the game” makes you look like a clown i.e. that jaguars two tone helmets, the bucs current unis, the hawks unis, etc...

Keep it simple, stupid.  That’s all I ask.  They want to look hip and cool instead of classic and timeless, and honestly going that direction truly shows they’re not in touch with the fan base at all.

I like that you're talking like you already know what the uniforms look like

22 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Where there’s smoke...

Once again...

"They're not over the top. We're not trying to be like the college teams. Nothing outlandish. It's a significant redesign, but it's a level of simplicity to the design that our fans will like."

- Morgan Shaw Parker, Chief Marketing Officer

1 minute ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

Once again...

"They're not over the top. We're not trying to be like the college teams. Nothing outlandish. It's a significant redesign, but it's a level of simplicity to the design that our fans will like."

We’ll see.  Could all of the leaks be throwing everything for a loop? Quite possibly.  But I’d err on the side of caution with something like this.  Have you seen the Chargers logo? Yea...

13 minutes ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

Once again...

That's it. I'm getting one.

13 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

So far we have

Nike says red helmet 

Etc etc

No. One. Knows. ****.

My post wasn't a "I know what we have already" post...just speaking of what I hope.  Sorry you took it that way.  Lol

46 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Last week it was a black jersey with a red stripe from the same source who is saying it's a two-tone red jersey now. So which smoke signal do you follow? 

We’ve heard even from blank himself that there are multiple color combinations.  Who’s to say that isn’t one of them?

Posted (edited)

The more I think about it, the more i'm feeling like the team will nail this.

As an organisation, TAF is run pretty well. Everything "new" that has been introduced since the current uniforms, have not been clownish. Even the color rush uniforms were alright in design. For what its worth, the current uniforms grew on everyone pretty quickly, they just aged poorly. New ownership, new mistakes. Just like that wheelchair.

I beleive we will be pleasently surprised.

Edited by ADAMSVILLE GYM

6 hours ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Last week it was a black jersey with a red stripe from the same source who is saying it's a two-tone red jersey now. So which smoke signal do you follow? 

Who said they can’t have multiple uniforms?  It’s been stated on the Falcons website that there are several uniforms combinations.  

2 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

The more I think about it, the more i'm feeling like the team will nail this.

As an organisation, TAF is run pretty well. Everything "new" that has been introduced since the current uniforms, have not been clownish. Even the color rush uniforms were alright in design. For what its worth, the current uniforms grew on everyone pretty quickly, they just aged poorly. New ownership, new mistakes. Just like that wheelchair.

I beleive we will be pleasently surprised.

1 hour ago, Colbeee said:

Who said they can’t have multiple uniforms?  It’s been stated on the Falcons website that there are several uniforms combinations.  

Yep, which I think kills the rumor about jerseys that fade into black or any color for that matter.

That would f'up any chance of having multiple combinations.

I'll take Blank's word for it.