Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
socalriseup

NEW JERSEYS IN APRIL!!!

1 hour ago, Colbeee said:

I have been avoiding this detail about one of the combinations.  I was told there are like 12 diff uniform options.

7CBCA17F-EAA0-45EE-A270-F5D74F36F008.jpeg

:ninja:

30 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

Idk about the whole colors blending part but I'd like red tops black bottoms. I know some of y'all really want old school but I like that color combo

More about the 5th grade PowerPoint presentation color blending bs.

33 minutes ago, Skeetbird said:

Ok, you mean to tell me aint nobody got the guts to leak our uni's? Even the bucs and rams got fearless people leaking stuff. Blank must run a tighter ship nowadays.

LOL come on man.

Right lol Blank got the uniforms locked up in a safe and only he knows the code. 

36 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

It's only a matter of time before the coronavirus delays the reveal of the new uniforms. 

Joking of course...

Actually, if they still want to have a big unveiling like they did back in 2003, I think that's a real possibility depending on what happens during the next few weeks.

16 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

It's just the uniforms they wore from 1997 until they screwed them up with the current uniforms in 2013 or whatever year it was.

8 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

I was about to come in and post this. It’s the same ones from before

Yep, except for only the red now is brighter than the burgundy red of the old ones.

Otherwise, it's basically the exact same.

2 hours ago, FalconofShadows said:

Idk about the whole colors blending part but I'd like red tops black bottoms. I know some of y'all really want old school but I like that color combo

Atlanta Falcons: Identity Crisis Forces Them to Mix and Match

ATL_original.jpg?1292453544

In 2003, the Atlanta Falcons decided to change their image and add a very unique look to their uniform set. These black tops would only last for two seasons as the red alternate jerseys ended up being the main look for the team.

The problem that came with this was that the team had options for uniform combinations. The team had already introduced black pants to go with the black jerseys, and someone decided it was good to throw that with the red jerseys.

One of the problems with this combination was that it looked like something that a high school team would do. Whenever a colored jersey is brighter than the pants, it is best to avoid putting those two together.

^^^This is a 2010 BR article but I’ve never been a big fan of the red/black jersey/pant combo: They weren’t designed to go together!! The black on black worked. The red jersey just wasn’t meant to be a versatile jersey with the alt pants. OTOH, the black pants could have been used more often with our road uniforms.

5 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

49651889502_67e4894878_k.jpg

49651615471_8e82cce3ab_k.jpg

So it's basically their old uniform without the gold accents. So they're essentially acknowledging they never should have changed unis to begin with, which I would agree. These unis I think were one of the best.

2003-0112-warren-sapp-006209394jpg.jpg

12 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

In 2003, the Atlanta Falcons decided to change their image and add a very unique look to their uniform set. These black tops would only last for two seasons as the red alternate jerseys ended up being the main look for the team.

The problem that came with this was that the team had options for uniform combinations. The team had already introduced black pants to go with the black jerseys, and someone decided it was good to throw that with the red jerseys.

One of the problems with this combination was that it looked like something that a high school team would do. Whenever a colored jersey is brighter than the pants, it is best to avoid putting those two together.

^^^This is a 2010 BR article but I’ve never been a big fan of the red/black jersey/pant combo: They weren’t designed to go together!! The black on black worked. The red jersey just wasn’t meant to be a versatile jersey with the alt pants. OTOH, the black pants could have been used more often with our road uniforms.

Na man.. I loved that combo and so did a lot of fans.  Those of us on the boards at the time may remember the mod (a team employee, not fans who use the board) told us "the team listened" to us clamoring for it so they put it on the field for us.

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

It's just the uniforms they wore from 1997 until they screwed them up with the current uniforms in 2013 or whatever year it was.

I’m afraid not my friend.  That would’ve been too easy.  Those w optional red helmet and optional black pants and I bet most on the board would be good.  Maybe you know something we don’t but.....

3 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

Bleacher report article? So basically another message board. What team goes all one color?

1 hour ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

I’m afraid not my friend.  That would’ve been too easy.  Those w optional red helmet and optional black pants and I bet most on the board would be good.  Maybe you know something we don’t but.....

I was referring to the Buccaneers uniforms.

5 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

5 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

I was about to come in and post this. It’s the same ones from before

If you go back about 10 pages or so, you’ll see where I said I liked those Bucs jerseys.  So for them to bring the back but clean them up is just fine with me.  Just as it would be a win if we brought back our old jerseys and cleaned them up.  Instead we’re trying some mad scientist, Oregon ducks bs.