NEW JERSEYS IN APRIL!!!

socalriseup

7 minutes ago, athell said:

If the players and DQ are excited for the new uni's, I am too.  It may piss off a lot of old white people, but I hope the look is fresh and not some terrible reboot or frankenstein baby of past and present.  DQ actually has style, I always love the swag he is rocking, so I am hopeful*.

*they will look hideous

I mean, I don't think tacky and gaudy knows race

4 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

If they had taken away the awkward piping on the pants and the circus tent stripes on the sleeves, they would've been some pretty cool and simple uniforms. Also could've smoothed out the logo like the Panthers did, i.e. removing border of the logo and making it a bit larger. 

Really hate the piping and circus tent stripes on the sleeves. 

34 minutes ago, Birdbrains9 said:

While this isn’t an encouraging response, that person could have had his heart set on a certain look that wasn’t what he expected, which triggered that response.. idk sometimes I have a good feeling about them and sometimes I feel they’re going to be trash 

I think this is the case.  The individual was going to complain regardless.  

56 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

You aren't the first one to mention the stripe down the side. I saw a person on Twitter ranting about it a few days before you posted it on here. So unless you or your source are that person, it lines up. 

Here's the text from his rant. 

"The uniforms are gonna be trash. All the fans wanted a traditional look. At most, a modernized version of any throwback look. What we’re getting is some ugly XFL-Arena league looking garbage. The number and letter font are gonna look like a worse version of the titans. The helmet is gonna look stupid. Big *** logo like tampa bay and chrome facemask. And they’re gonna try to be cute with what’s written on the jersey front above the numbers... but it just looks stupid. Also there’s gonna be a stupid looking single stripe from armpit to knee that makes no sense at all. Just be prepared to not wanna watch falcons football this season. New uniforms lookin like 0-16."

EDIT: The Twitter rant was posted on Feb. 27, and your original post about the uniforms was on Feb. 28. 

I’m officially scared

2 hours ago, Skeetbird said:

LOL be prepared not to watch because of a uniform....? Dudes got a problem.  I can't wait for the meltdowns on the uni's because Quinn said he had been PUSHING for them for a while..LOL. "FIRE QUINN he made us switch to ugly UNI's!!!!"...................  gonna be fun, Y'all

For the record, I advocate firing Quinn regardless of the uniforms.  

12 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

All teams should just play naked, and I say this as a heterosexual man. We’ll see how quickly ya’ll will be pinning for uniforms to come back. #itsallfunandgamesuntilsomeonelosesanut

Would make for quite the QB to center exchange........quite intimate :ninja:

7 hours ago, dirtybirds233 said:

You aren't the first one to mention the stripe down the side. I saw a person on Twitter ranting about it a few days before you posted it on here. So unless you or your source are that person, it lines up. 

Here's the text from his rant. 

"The uniforms are gonna be trash. All the fans wanted a traditional look. At most, a modernized version of any throwback look. What we’re getting is some ugly XFL-Arena league looking garbage. The number and letter font are gonna look like a worse version of the titans. The helmet is gonna look stupid. Big *** logo like tampa bay and chrome facemask. And they’re gonna try to be cute with what’s written on the jersey front above the numbers... but it just looks stupid. Also there’s gonna be a stupid looking single stripe from armpit to knee that makes no sense at all. Just be prepared to not wanna watch falcons football this season. New uniforms lookin like 0-16."

EDIT: The Twitter rant was posted on Feb. 27, and your original post about the uniforms was on Feb. 28. 

Let's pump the brakes on spreading online rants, and giving credence to "someone in the know."  I don't even trust Arthur Blank's take.  He's a 77-year-old dude, with no bonifides in clothing style or design.

We won't know for sure until we see them, but the voice I trust most, paints a much more optimistic picture.  Falcons Chief Marketing Officer, Morgan Shaw Parker, worked for Nike for 10 years before she joined the Falcons, and has been directly involved with uniform and brand design.  What did she say about the new unis?

"They're not over the top. We're not trying to be like the college teams. Nothing outlandish. It's a significant redesign, but it's a level of simplicity to the design that our fans will like."

Edited by AndrewsFrancisBart

18 minutes ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

Let's pump the brakes on spreading online rants, and giving credence to "someone in the know."  I don't even trust Arthur Blank's take.  He's a 77-year-old dude, with no bonifides in clothing style or design.

We won't know for sure until we see them, but the voice I trust most, paints a much more optimistic picture.  Falcons Chief Marketing Officer, Morgan Shaw Parker, worked for Nike for 10 years before she joined the Falcons, and has been directly involved with uniform and brand design.  What did she say about the new unis?

"They're not over the top. We're not trying to be like the college teams. Nothing outlandish. It's a significant redesign, but it's a level of simplicity to the design that our fans will like."

Yes, she said they designed these uniforms from listening to the fans. Said the fans wanted them simple, but modern. Red and Black is still in the palette 

1 hour ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

Thank you for sharing that. I just went back and listened to that portion of the interview with her, I feel MUCH better about them now. We are also the only NFL team that had one of our designers from the team work closely with Nike to design these. I’m sure her previous tenure at Nike  helped with that. 

One other interesting tidbit from the interview is she mentioned that their research team also scoured internet sites like this when doing research for fan feedback and they took our remarks into consideration. Guess all those uniform threads weren’t made in vain :D

1 hour ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Thank you for sharing that. I just went back and listened to that portion of the interview with her, I feel MUCH better about them now. We are also the only NFL team that had one of our designers from the team work closely with Nike to design these. I’m sure her previous tenure at Nike  helped with that. 

One other interesting tidbit from the interview is she mentioned that their research team also scoured internet sites like this when doing research for fan feedback and they took our remarks into consideration. Guess all those uniform threads weren’t made in vain :D

Yeah, at least they’re claiming to have listened.  They don’t even have to go that far.  I think the thread is great.  Some get pissed and I get as frustrated and can rant w the best but......the real story is that there’s a lot of fans still passionate about this team.  Many more laying low just looking, waiting, hoping for a spark......all the brass at FB needs to do is strike the match.  We’ve got thousands of fans all over just like us and for most it’s still “2:08 remaining in 3rd qtr of LI”.  We’ve been beaten and humiliated like no other fanbase.....yet we’re here.....begging for a cool uni.....a home run in draft, some creative FA spending and most importantly... a competent team that plays hard and smart from game 1 thru 4th qtr of SB......all they gotta do is strike that match.  It’s only gonna take one thing and this fanbase is ready to go “BOOM”.  I feel it!!    This city wants what was rightfully ours.....What was taken from us!!!!  What this team gave away from our fair city and fanbase!!!   Time to stand and deliver......starts w FA/draft and our new uniforms.     The anticipation is palpable!!!!!

21 hours ago, athell said:

If the players and DQ are excited for the new uni's, I am too.  It may piss off a lot of old white people, but I hope the look is fresh and not some terrible reboot or frankenstein baby of past and present.  DQ actually has style, I always love the swag he is rocking, so I am hopeful*.

*they will look hideous

Quinn has style? In what world, anytime we see him he's wearing typical team gear coach outfit. It'd be like seeing Belichick and his hoodies and saying that's a man with some real style. Naming one of the players that actually dresses well would make sense, but Quinn? That's someone I'd never imagine being praised for their style lol.