Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
socalriseup

NEW JERSEYS IN APRIL!!!

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

I still believe there will be a gray jersey somewhere.  Tabeek said it would be 4 jersey combos.

I think there will be a lot of combinations. Blank even said as much.  I’m thinking three solid color combinations along with a mixture of the 3 base colors.  And a set of grey pants.

71A877AA-9C4B-4918-AC92-03E2370D4D55.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

That's so small I never noticed lol thanks 

The reason it stands out so much to me is because of the way it goes from big to small around the arm and then goes from small to big at the end of the pants legs. It's not even a full stripe, which makes it look that much worse than the terrible Broncos stripe IMO.

14 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

I am more nervous about the uniforms than the draft.

I'm always pretty meh about the draft because they'll end up drafting a bunch of players I've never heard of and so I won't have an opinion of. Just hard for me to get excited about the draft.

The uniforms on the other hand, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST LET ME SEE THE UNIFORMS!!! :rant:

28 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

I am more nervous about the uniforms than the draft.

That's what TD and DQ are counting on. "Look over there instead of over here".

:D

9 hours ago, Colbeee said:

I think there will be a lot of combinations. Blank even said as much.  I’m thinking three solid color combinations along with a mixture of the 3 base colors.  And a set of grey pants.

the hawks got about 50 uniform combinations.  looks like thats where the falcons are headed with their uniforms...

Image result for atlanta hawks uniforms

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Colbeee said:

Words missing here:  timeless, classic, fan input, RED HELMETS

Troubling words included: flair, hip, contemporary

Level of expectations: exceedingly low

Edited by chronob

5 minutes ago, chronob said:

Words missing here:  timeless, classic, fan input, RED HELMETS

Troubling words included: flair, hip, contemporary

Level of expectations: exceedingly low

So you don't trust the player input as being a positive?

Also do you know what contemporary means? How is that bad?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I think he’s just voicing what many feel who were in the “modernized version of the throwbacks; we wanna be a timeless classic NFL franchise like GB, Pitt, Dallas etc whose looks stay prty similar over the years” also many, dare I say most fans I’ve spoken with and many fans arnd league when asked rated our originals (red helmets, black jerseys, white pants) as one of if not best in NFL.   I’m not slamming new ideas or saying these black duds won’t be sharp in their own way just adding to what I think they’re communicating.  As far as players, sure they should have input re functionality but none of the players, coaches, execs or even AB are lifelong Atlantans w a connection to this teams history like many fans have.  I blv the poster is just saying “this segment of fanbase was either ignored or not understood”.  We’ll all find a way to like new uniforms but if what we’ve seen/been told is accurate, the historic and fan favorite ideas were cast aside for “more modern, hip etc”.  You can’t win em all for sure!!

Edited by BUBBASBEANS

2 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Do I trust player input?  Not particularly, although their input is certainly important. Honestly, they should play the same whether the jerseys are to their liking or not.  They aren't shelling out the money for them.  Your customers are in the fan base, and I'd be more concerned about how they'll receive the new designs.

The current logo and uniforms were designed by people that were going for something hip and contemporary...in 1999.  From a design perspective, unless you want to be revisiting your designs in a short amount of time you should be going for something with classic design cues and a timeless appeal.  Take any men's suit from the 70s.  They were considered contemporary and good looking (I guess) at the time.  Clearly not so today.  But take any suit from the first few seasons of Mad Men and they'd look equally good and appropriate today.  That type of design philosophy is why a uniform based on elements from ones designed decades ago can still look bad *** today:

falcons throwback 2.jpg

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Colbeee said:

For the record... my source seems to be legit based on other information that was given to me.  But he’s still just a source that I’m about 60% confident in.  The part that matches up is the big logo in the helmet.  Nobody has really commented on the jerseys.  We shall see 

You aren't the first one to mention the stripe down the side. I saw a person on Twitter ranting about it a few days before you posted it on here. So unless you or your source are that person, it lines up. 

Here's the text from his rant. 

"The uniforms are gonna be trash. All the fans wanted a traditional look. At most, a modernized version of any throwback look. What we’re getting is some ugly XFL-Arena league looking garbage. The number and letter font are gonna look like a worse version of the titans. The helmet is gonna look stupid. Big *** logo like tampa bay and chrome facemask. And they’re gonna try to be cute with what’s written on the jersey front above the numbers... but it just looks stupid. Also there’s gonna be a stupid looking single stripe from armpit to knee that makes no sense at all. Just be prepared to not wanna watch falcons football this season. New uniforms lookin like 0-16."

EDIT: The Twitter rant was posted on Feb. 27, and your original post about the uniforms was on Feb. 28. 

Edited by dirtybirds233

3 minutes ago, chronob said:

Do I trust player input?  Not particularly, although their input is certainly important. Honestly, they should play the same whether the jerseys are to their liking or not.  They aren't shelling out the money for them.  Your customers are in the fan base, and I'd be more concerned about how they'll receive the new designs.

The current logo and uniforms were designed by people that were going for something hip and contemporary...in 1999.  From a design perspective, unless you want to be revisiting your designs in a short amount of time you should be going for something with classic design cues and a timeless appeal.  Take any men's suit from the 70s.  They were considered contemporary and good looking (I guess) at the time.  Clearly not so today.  But take any suit from the first few seasons of Mad Men and they'd look equally good and appropriate today.  That type of design philosophy is why a uniform based on elements from ones designed decades ago can still look bad *** today:

falcons throwback 2.jpg

I mean I can get that but why can't something that's in now also end up being classic? Those uniforms didn't start as classics, they just stayed in style.

6 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

You aren't the first one to mention the stripe down the side. I saw a person on Twitter ranting about it a few days before you posted it on here. So unless you or your source are that person, it lines up. 

"The uniforms are gonna be trash. All the fans wanted a traditional look. At most, a modernized version of any throwback look. What we’re getting is some ugly XFL-Arena league looking garbage. The number and letter font are gonna look like a worse version of the titans. The helmet is gonna look stupid. Big *** logo like tampa bay and chrome facemask. And they’re gonna try to be cute with what’s written on the jersey front above the numbers... but it just looks stupid. Also there’s gonna be a stupid looking single stripe from armpit to knee that makes no sense at all. Just be prepared to not wanna watch falcons football this season. New uniforms lookin like 0-16."

While this isn’t an encouraging response, that person could have had his heart set on a certain look that wasn’t what he expected, which triggered that response.. idk sometimes I have a good feeling about them and sometimes I feel they’re going to be trash 

6 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

EDIT: The Twitter rant was posted on Feb. 27, and your original post about the uniforms was on Feb. 28. 

LOL be prepared not to watch because of a uniform....? Dudes got a problem.  I can't wait for the meltdowns on the uni's because Quinn said he had been PUSHING for them for a while..LOL. "FIRE QUINN he made us switch to ugly UNI's!!!!"...................  gonna be fun, Y'all

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

I mean I can get that but why can't something that's in now also end up being classic? Those uniforms didn't start as classics, they just stayed in style.

They can!  I don't disagree.  My point is that everything was in style, at some point, but if you don't design with the idea that something will stand the test of time it probably won't.  What it boils down to is that I don't trust Blank and Quinn, especially when I hear "we made something hip and contemporary that 22 year old football players will think looks cool".  What I'd like to have heard is "we've designed new uniforms that we believe have a contemporary look with timeless appeal.  Our players will look good in them, and fans both old and young will appreciate the design". 

I will be more than happy to be proven wrong.  But, what I've heard so far is not encouraging to me.  Heck, they lost me with keeping black helmets, assuming that's true.

1 minute ago, chronob said:

They can!  I don't disagree.  My point is that everything was in style, at some point, but if you don't design with the idea that something will stand the test of time it probably won't.  What it boils down to is that I don't trust Blank and Quinn, especially when I hear "we made something hip and contemporary that 22 year old football players will think looks cool".  What I'd like to have heard is "we've designed new uniforms that we believe have a contemporary look with timeless appeal.  Our players will look good in them, and fans both old and young will appreciate the design". 

I will be more than happy to be proven wrong.  But, what I've heard so far is not encouraging to me.  Heck, they lost me with keeping black helmets, assuming that's true.

I can get that

If the players and DQ are excited for the new uni's, I am too.  It may piss off a lot of old white people, but I hope the look is fresh and not some terrible reboot or frankenstein baby of past and present.  DQ actually has style, I always love the swag he is rocking, so I am hopeful*.

*they will look hideous

Just now, athell said:

What a novel idea D.B.N.!

I mean no sense in crapping the bed when we haven't even seen them. I, for one, am glad we are finally getting new unis. Our current set is outdated, so the bar is extremely low. We can only improve from here... at least I am hoping that is the case. 

3 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Honestly, whatever we get should be better than our current uniforms. Those things have been outdated for years. Again, I'm reserving judgement until I actually see them.  

If they had taken away the awkward piping on the pants and the circus tent stripes on the sleeves, they would've been some pretty cool and simple uniforms. Also could've smoothed out the logo like the Panthers did, i.e. removing border of the logo and making it a bit larger.