• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watch it be some #######

Finally  

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, MDFalconFan said:

They could vinyl wrap the helmets to get around the NFL helmet rule. If the helmet is matt black with silver emblem, it should have some red on it to match a red jersey. So I like the red outline.

Full-cover wraps are impractical and unsafe, because they make it hard to see if a helmet has been damaged.

Trust me, if there were an easy solution, they would have done it by now. Most equipment managers, who know a lot more about helmets than you or I, want to solve this problem, and I can assure you that they’ve gone through all of the obvious (and many not-so-obvious) approaches to it. If they haven’t come up with a solution, it’s because no good solution is available, at least for now.

https://uni-watch.com/an-faq-for-the-nfls-helmet-rule/?amp

I never understood the one helmet rule. It’s presented under the guise of “player safety” yet you have teams in the NCAA like Oregon change helmets for every game. I know the NCAA isn’t the NFL but if using multiple helmets was really THAT detrimental to a players health/safety, you would think the NCAA would strictly adhere to a one helmet rule as well...

46 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

I never understood the one helmet rule. It’s presented under the guise of “player safety” yet you have teams in the NCAA like Oregon change helmets for every game. I know the NCAA isn’t the NFL but if using multiple helmets was really THAT detrimental to a players health/safety, you would think the NCAA would strictly adhere to a one helmet rule as well...

True...that and the fact that alot of these Helmets are now 3D scanned to fit a particular players head, It's does seem a bit strange. Granted I'm not sure that every helmet company utilizes this technology.

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Full-cover wraps are impractical and unsafe, because they make it hard to see if a helmet has been damaged.

Trust me, if there were an easy solution, they would have done it by now. Most equipment managers, who know a lot more about helmets than you or I, want to solve this problem, and I can assure you that they’ve gone through all of the obvious (and many not-so-obvious) approaches to it. If they haven’t come up with a solution, it’s because no good solution is available, at least for now.

https://uni-watch.com/an-faq-for-the-nfls-helmet-rule/?amp

you could recoat but it takes way too long to do 65 helmets and these guys need their helmets back for practice 2 days after a game.

7 hours ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Matte black w a silver falcon......yeah......they listened!!   Same reason they have billions tied up in a stadium they can’t fill.  The geniuses running this team don’t know their audience.  They know a segment of their audience but not their overall audience if this is case.  They’ll be shiny for a day or 2 but that reeks of Oregon ducks uni if true.  We think if we “outshine” the competition or whatever it’ll result in sales.  This may be true for a minute but they’re showing they don’t get this state/town etc.  may as well go w black pants too (their are some who like that in fairness) and black underwear and run glanville back out to introduce them.    I knew not to expect any less of our fair teams leaders.  Ughhhhh......matte black......just stick w what u had if that’s ur best effort!!! How about all chrome???? Bwahahahaha......I’m sure the ersey says something corny like “A-TOWN” on front too.....bc that will unify the community.  I had such hoped for us to show our heritage and class in a modern concept.  We’ll be the jets, Tampa etc and Saints will whip out their classic designs that haven’t changed in 50 years to go along w the Lombardi we don’t have....and laugh at our latest gimmick.  

The Saints haven't changed their uniforms in 50 years? WTF? Saints have had all kinds of different uniform combinations over the years. HeIl, they haven't even had the same color gold for their entire existence.

5d15307867bd8.image.jpg

latest?cb=20170108033710

archie-manning-saints-circa-1971jpg.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Drew-Brees-Jason-Hatcher-National-Footba

1 hour ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Exactly. Why can't players be fitted for multiple helmets?

3 hours ago, Since1990 said:

Just saw this Falcons helmet on a fantasy football webcast I listen to! 

I find it peculiar that they randomly have a redesigned Falcons helmet on the table.

I haven't listened to the entire show, but from what I did listen to, there was ZERO mention of the helmet. Strange

Looking through their channel they've had the helmet there since October of last year at least. Didn't bother looking any farther back.

1 hour ago, TheHeartless said:

Looking through their channel they've had the helmet there since October of last year at least. Didn't bother looking any farther back.

Weird. I wonder what it is. Oh well! It will be interesting to see what we get and how close some of the "my cousin's neighbor's client said..." were!

7 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The Saints haven't changed their uniforms in 50 years? WTF? Saints have had all kinds of different uniform combinations over the years. HeIl, they haven't even had the same color gold for their entire existence.

5d15307867bd8.image.jpg

latest?cb=20170108033710

archie-manning-saints-circa-1971jpg.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Drew-Brees-Jason-Hatcher-National-Footba

Yep....look at that same classic NFL helmet/logo.   See also,Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, 49ers for most part, browns (although not a traditional winning team) etc etc.  Vikings (I know they’re matte), colts, raiders etc.  I know taints play w uniform colors but they kept same “look” like the afore mentioned “winners” and longtime franchises w a rich history.  To each their own though.  I’ve got just one of millions of opinions......maybe the majority wants a new age look but I haven’t talked to many (except a few of my fellow board members).  Everyone says “red helmet/old logo”.......be interesting to know who was actually asked.  Season ticket holders?  They handout comment cards at games??  My bet is a few staff whizzed arnd internet and came back w what the brass wanted to hear.  Maybe I’m completely wrong but it’s a bit mind boggling if you do nothing more than listen to majority of the board here and just talk to people around town. General attitude after they pull one like this is “Falcons gonna falcon”....,,I’m not trying to be a perennial negative and these unis would be great (as contemplated) if we were the “Atlanta ducks” or “Life U”.  It’s not that they won’t look sharp but many expect NFL teams to have a classic look that puts a teams history at forefront.  Fandom handed down from grandparents to grandchildren etc.  this won’t do that at all.  Guess a few Lombardis would end this conversation but all (too much) black even makes your players look small.  We’ll see.  I’m trying to be open minded but very disappointed w this edition (if accurate).  I will gladly eat Crowe on here if I’m wrong!!  Gladly:))

Edited by BUBBASBEANS
7 hours ago, Romfal said:

that looks sweet! 

Slap that baby on red helmet, classic black jersey, red alt, classic white for road, white pants/black or silver alt and modern cut/styling and they’d have had a real winner that most everyone could’ve found something to like about.  Would’ve honored the fact we’re a 60 year franchise, given the “black scheme” fans a nod, the fresh new look crew some love. Send blueprints to Nike and roll it out.  

2 hours ago, Since1990 said:

This actually isn't that bad! I like these. 

This is actually growing on me after 24 hrs.  Not bad at all. 

Matte black, larger logo, silver outline, silver stripe.  It's aggressive.

I think this is in the neighborhood of what it actually is....

small.jpg

Edited by Maltese Falcon
48 minutes ago, Maltese Falcon said:

This is actually growing on me after 24 hrs.  Not bad at all. 

Matte black, larger logo, silver outline, silver stripe.  It's aggressive.

I think this is in the neighborhood of what it actually is....

small.jpg

I believe it as well.  We’ve heard from multiple posters with “sources” that the logo has been enlarged and that the helmet isn’t red 

9 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I believe it as well.  We’ve heard from multiple posters with “sources” that the logo has been enlarged and that the helmet isn’t red 

FWIW, all I was told was the helmets weren't red and the main jerseys were black. The first person I ever saw talking about an enlarged logo was a guy ranting on Twitter, so I dismissed it. But with that guy talking to someone who is actually making, packing, and shipping the helmets for sale, it seems like it's true. And as that guy said, he's been on that board for years and just thought it was something interesting to share, not sure why he'd just make a story up and lie. 

1 minute ago, dirtybirds233 said:

FWIW, all I was told was the helmets weren't red and the main jerseys were black. The first person I ever saw talking about an enlarged logo was a guy ranting on Twitter, so I dismissed it. But with that guy talking to someone who is actually making, packing, and shipping the helmets for sale, it seems like it's true. And as that guy said, he's been on that board for years and just thought it was something interesting to share, not sure why he'd just make a story up and lie. 

Where was this from? I seen the falconholic post you shared but cant find it on falconholic anymore.

5 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Where was this from? I seen the falconholic post you shared but cant find it on falconholic anymore.

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2020/3/1/21160025/inside-news-about-new-uniforms

Edit: I didn't see the comments where he mentioned a chrome face mask and a stripe from the armpit down to the knee. Seems to match-up with what the poster Colbee was saying as well as they guy who was ranting on Twitter last week. 

Edited by dirtybirds233
9 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2020/3/1/21160025/inside-news-about-new-uniforms

Edit: I didn't see the comments where he mentioned a chrome face mask and a stripe from the armpit down to the knee. Seems to match-up with what the poster Colbee was saying as well as they guy who was ranting on Twitter last week. 

Sounds like we're going black and silver with some hints of red. Could look bad *** if they do it right.

3 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Sounds like we're going black and silver with some hints of red. Could look bad *** if they do it right.

Idk if I'll be able to get on board with a chrome facemask and chrome logo (assuming the silver is chrome). I personally think a white logo with black facemasks would've looked much better, and it would've been a nice homage to the 90s uniforms.