6 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Only thing, with the current one helmet policy the league has, we couldn't "throwback" to any Falcon era if the helmets turn out to be matte.

True, But I guess that possible third jersey combination would make more sense now. I will admit it would kinda suck to not go to the throwback everyone once in awhile due to our helmet. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watch it be some #######

Finally  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Matte black w a silver falcon......yeah......they listened!!   Same reason they have billions tied up in a stadium they can’t fill.  The geniuses running this team don’t know their audience.  They know a segment of their audience but not their overall audience if this is case.  They’ll be shiny for a day or 2 but that reeks of Oregon ducks uni if true.  We think if we “outshine” the competition or whatever it’ll result in sales.  This may be true for a minute but they’re showing they don’t get this state/town etc.  may as well go w black pants too (their are some who like that in fairness) and black underwear and run glanville back out to introduce them.    I knew not to expect any less of our fair teams leaders.  Ughhhhh......matte black......just stick w what u had if that’s ur best effort!!! How about all chrome???? Bwahahahaha......I’m sure the ersey says something corny like “A-TOWN” on front too.....bc that will unify the community.  I had such hoped for us to show our heritage and class in a modern concept.  We’ll be the jets, Tampa etc and Saints will whip out their classic designs that haven’t changed in 50 years to go along w the Lombardi we don’t have....and laugh at our latest gimmick.  

You might be surprised. Nike is Nike for a good reason. Yes, they can go too "avant garde" sometimes, but sometimes....sometimes they effing nail it. In fact, they hit more than they miss. That's how they became the Nike that they currently are. Let's just wait and see before we storm the castle.

1 minute ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

You might be surprised. Nike is Nike for a good reason. Yes, they can go too "avant garde" sometimes, but sometimes....sometimes they effing nail it. In fact, they hit more than they miss. That's how they became the Nike that they currently are. Let's just wait and see before we storm the castle.

Yeah it can work if the jersey isn't too busy. Would've been nice if the logo was white instead of silver, would've looked like an homage to the 90's uniforms. 

28 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Matte black w a silver falcon......yeah......they listened!!   Same reason they have billions tied up in a stadium they can’t fill.  The geniuses running this team don’t know their audience.  They know a segment of their audience but not their overall audience if this is case.  They’ll be shiny for a day or 2 but that reeks of Oregon ducks uni if true.  We think if we “outshine” the competition or whatever it’ll result in sales.  This may be true for a minute but they’re showing they don’t get this state/town etc.  may as well go w black pants too (their are some who like that in fairness) and black underwear and run glanville back out to introduce them.    I knew not to expect any less of our fair teams leaders.  Ughhhhh......matte black......just stick w what u had if that’s ur best effort!!! How about all chrome???? Bwahahahaha......I’m sure the ersey says something corny like “A-TOWN” on front too.....bc that will unify the community.  I had such hoped for us to show our heritage and class in a modern concept.  We’ll be the jets, Tampa etc and Saints will whip out their classic designs that haven’t changed in 50 years to go along w the Lombardi we don’t have....and laugh at our latest gimmick.  

lmao

Imagine writing this nonsense and believing it.

4 minutes ago, athell said:

lmao

Imagine writing this nonsense and believing it.

I was just sharing my humble opinion IF what the poster says is accurate. I realize others may want a new age black uni.  I also realize this poster may be totally off base.  I won’t be the only one to have a similar opinion.  I hope he’s wrong.  We shall see. 

2 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

I was just sharing my humble opinion IF what the poster says is accurate. I realize others may want a new age black uni.  I also realize this poster may be totally off base.  I won’t be the only one to have a similar opinion.  I hope he’s wrong.  We shall see. 

nah you were whining and complaining like a child.  It was basically a mb equivalent of my 6 year old refusing to try a food she has never seen nor tasted before because reasons.

At least see the finished product before going off on how much you hate them.

32 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Fair enough, although, if this is accurate info...,,imho......they didn’t nail it.  HOWEVER.....there’s still time for those sliding out tidbits to gauge reaction to go back and paint those helmets RED:-)))

1 minute ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Fair enough, although, if this is accurate info...,,imho......they didn’t nail it.  HOWEVER.....there’s still time for those sliding out tidbits to gauge reaction to go back and paint those helmets RED:-)))

Well, if Riddell is already producing and packing these mini helmets, then what's done is done. Like the poster said, I wish they were red too but it is what it is I suppose.  

15 minutes ago, athell said:

nah you were whining and complaining like a child.  It was basically a mb equivalent of my 6 year old refusing to try a food she has never seen nor tasted before because reasons.

At least see the finished product before going off on how much you hate them.

Fair point re “wait and see” but no ones whining.....in fact that will rep the opinions of many.  I’d suspect you have a vested interest by your reaction.  This is not a food whose taste might be in question.  This is a description which if true “is what it is”.  Helmets are red or they aren’t...pants black or aren’t etc etc.  there’ll be many opinions and many espousing said opinions.  No need for any of us to be butt hurt over others opinions of what looks best or best suites our team/fanbase/city. Who knows maybe all these folks are wrong but there’s still time to repaint those helmets red if they get on it:-)). 

Edited by BUBBASBEANS
7 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Well, if Riddell is already producing and packing these mini helmets, then what's done is done. Like the poster said, I wish they were red too but it is what it is I suppose.  

You are correct but.....it just money.  This regime wastes plenty.  They didn’t listen so if they wanna better reception someone needs to slither into mr Bs office, explain their marketing gurus didn’t listen well and take their medicine.   I’m kidding really but they clearly listened to the few rather than the many if these descriptions are near accurate.  

5 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

You are correct but.....it just money.  This regime wastes plenty.  They didn’t listen so if they wanna better reception someone needs to slither into mr Bs office, explain their marketing gurus didn’t listen well and take their medicine.   I’m kidding really but they clearly listened to the few rather than the many if these descriptions are near accurate.  

Well the bright side is, McKay said they were going to have two helmets but won't be able to use the 2nd until the NFL changes their helmet rule. So, there is a chance that the other is red. 

4 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Well the bright side is, McKay said they were going to have two helmets but won't be able to use the 2nd until the NFL changes their helmet rule. So, there is a chance that the other is red. 

That would be great for sure!  That or they could swap them out:))

9 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Wonder if there was anything about the helmet rule in the CBAs

Can someone do a mock up of the rumor helmet? I’m not in love with the idea of an oversized falcon logo. I kind of figured if we went black for the helmet, it would be a matte finish. I’ve always liked how the Vikings did their helmets 

Edited by Birdbrains9
15 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

I like it. Take away the red outline and make the white silver, and that's what I imagine it'll look like.

Yeah, I think it would look better without the red outline of the logo is to be that large... I wonder if like a gunmetal face mask would look cool with it