Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
socalriseup

NEW JERSEYS IN APRIL!!!

On 1/22/2020 at 2:48 PM, Ovie_Lover said:

PM me your email and I'll send you an NFL shop gift card.

Haha, man that’s very gracious of you but I couldn’t accept that. It’s more so the fact that I can’t decide on what player I’d want a Color Rush jersey of that’s holding the decision up, to be honest. :lol:

Currently leaning towards a Kamara but it’s still up in the air. I’d probably wait until he signs a new deal first.

It’s been awhile since I’ve actually purchased any retail jerseys though, November 2016 I think was the last ones. I’ve instead been buying a lot of game used/team issues jerseys on eBay. Some are of known players and some are of oddball players that I strip the numbers and nameplates off and when I have the letters and numbers I need, I turn those jerseys into other players I want.

Time consuming but those real jerseys do feel absolutely legit! :D

On 1/22/2020 at 3:12 PM, BUBBASBEANS said:

Yeah, I agree we’d have to keep the red logo if they stay w black helmets.  I was not a fan of our white on whites but I think y’all did a great job on those.  One of, if not, the cleanest in league esp w your helmets.  Y’all should use them more.  One thing I’ve always liked abt NFL is the more basic (well most) uniforms esp back in the day vs some of the colleges.  I know I’m prbly too old school for many but I’ve never liked our current jerseys.  The red was better but those sleeves have too much going on for me. I don’t mind the color rushes/alternates as long as they keep it basic.  Less is more for my taste.  

Much appreciated! And well, we’re trying to wear our white on whites as often as possible, but unfortunately the NFL has a rule that alternate jerseys can only be worn 3 times per season.

So unless we make the Color Rush our official away uniform (which is very possible considering how popular they are), we can still only wear them 3x like we did in 2018 and 2019. The new white pants we debuted halfway through this year that go with our normal white away jerseys I believe was a way to kinda skirt that rule. :lol:

33 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Haha, man that’s very gracious of you but I couldn’t accept that. It’s more so the fact that I can’t decide on what player I’d want a Color Rush jersey of that’s holding the decision up, to be honest. :lol:

Currently leaning towards a Kamara but it’s still up in the air. I’d probably wait until he signs a new deal first.

It’s been awhile since I’ve actually purchased any retail jerseys though, November 2016 I think was the last ones. I’ve instead been buying a lot of game used/team issues jerseys on eBay. Some are of known players and some are of oddball players that I strip the numbers and nameplates off and when I have the letters and numbers I need, I turn those jerseys into other players I want.

Time consuming but those real jerseys do feel absolutely legit! :D

Much appreciated! And well, we’re trying to wear our white on whites as often as possible, but unfortunately the NFL has a rule that alternate jerseys can only be worn 3 times per season.

So unless we make the Color Rush our official away uniform (which is very possible considering how popular they are), we can still only wear them 3x like we did in 2018 and 2019. The new white pants we debuted halfway through this year that go with our normal white away jerseys I believe was a way to kinda skirt that rule. :lol:

Yeah......that league rule business......I’d just make it the official away uni then.  Cautiously optimistic for what we’re about to role out!

AB: Well it's the first time in 17 years that we're changing them which is remarkable to me because I didn't realize it was quite that long. But I did remember when we first bought the team a couple years later that we did change it – and that was a great change at that time. I think that this look that fans will feel, experience and see and hopefully wear is one that's more in keeping with a contemporary look and feel that our fans are looking for – a little more flair. I think the level combinations is one of the things that struck me about the tops and bottoms, the way they could be combined and put together provides a lot of options. The players had a lot of input in the uniforms; you know, they have to wear them. Beyond that, they're young and they're hip and they get it. They want to wear something that looks good on them. I think the uniforms will good on them and even better on our fans.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/q-a-with-arthur-blank-2020-expectations-draft-free-agency-salary-cap-uniforms

Get ready to be dissapointed folks. I honestly won't mind a contemporary look. I'm old school but don't need to be reminded of those days. 

5 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

AB: Well it's the first time in 17 years that we're changing them which is remarkable to me because I didn't realize it was quite that long. But I did remember when we first bought the team a couple years later that we did change it – and that was a great change at that time. I think that this look that fans will feel, experience and see and hopefully wear is one that's more in keeping with a contemporary look and feel that our fans are looking for – a little more flair. I think the level combinations is one of the things that struck me about the tops and bottoms, the way they could be combined and put together provides a lot of options. The players had a lot of input in the uniforms; you know, they have to wear them. Beyond that, they're young and they're hip and they get it. They want to wear something that looks good on them. I think the uniforms will good on them and even better on our fans.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/q-a-with-arthur-blank-2020-expectations-draft-free-agency-salary-cap-uniforms

Get ready to be dissapointed folks. I honestly won't mind a contemporary look. I'm old school but don't need to be reminded of those days. 

Flair? No one is looking for flair AB.

7 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Contemporary, flair, young and hip players had a hand in design.

I’m thinking at the very least, it’s guaranteed the helmet is some sort of shiny red chrome.  Not sure young players are pressing for any old unis.  If they had a hand in the design, I can only imagine what sort of flashy color scheme it might contain.

Edited by Maltese Falcon

2 hours ago, Maltese Falcon said:

I’m thinking at the very least, it’s guaranteed the helmet is some sort of shiny red chrome.  Not sure young players are pressing for any old unis.  If they had a hand in the design, I can only imagine what sort of flashy color scheme they might contain.

God I hope not. As long as Nike is involved, I am not expecting anything other than flashy and ‘unique’

Trusting  AB to know what younger fans want to see is like trusting your grandparents to buy your clothes. The fact that he used the term ‘flair’ in explaining them says all I need to hear.

24 minutes ago, Maltese Falcon said:

I’m thinking at the very least, it’s guaranteed the helmet is some sort of shiny red chrome.  Not sure young players are pressing for any old unis.  If they had a hand in the design, I can only imagine what sort of flashy color scheme they might contain.

Contemporary could be an updated twist to the more traditional designs of the past. Like the throwbacks but with modern design details that fit with what we see today or "futuristic".

For example the Vikings and Jets(80s template) current jerseys are a contemporary version of their older more traditional uniforms of the past while the Seahawks and Bucs(which are hideous) jerseys are just something new altogether.

16 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Blank is in his 70's soon going on 80's

So words like "flair" and "hip" fall in line with his vocabulary lol.

Well I just hope his version of what 'flair' means differs to mine. I'd rather he use words like 'subtle', 'understated', 'simplicity', 'retro' etc.  

22 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

Well I just hope his version of what 'flair' means differs to mine. I'd rather he use words like 'subtle', 'understated', 'simplicity', 'retro' etc.  

Retro with a contemporary spin can still be a fresh look.

It worked for the Bills, Vikings, Chargers, Jets, and Niners.

20 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Contemporary could be an updated twist to the more traditional designs of the past. Like the throwbacks but with modern design details that fit with what we see today or "futuristic".

For example the Vikings and Jets(80s template) current jerseys are a contemporary version of their older more traditional uniforms of the past while the Seahawks and Bucs(which are hideous) jerseys are just something new altogether.

Ok, I gotta admit, I love the Jets new design.  The green chrome with the New York on the front of the jersey.  The black incorporated with the green.  If we did something like that with the red and black, I’d be happy.

8 minutes ago, Maltese Falcon said:

Ok, I gotta admit, I love the Jets new design.  The green chrome with the New York on the front of the jersey.  The black incorporated with the green.  If we did something like that with the red and black, I’d be happy.

Yeah, I like them as well. It takes an old template and makes it new, fresh, and more current.

43 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Retro with a contemporary spin can still be a fresh look.

It worked for the Bills, Vikings, Chargers, Jets, and Niners.

Absolutely, that's what I'm hoping for. I didn't get that vibe in AB's response though.

1 hour ago, Maltese Falcon said:

I wouldnt mind that at all. Jets uniforms are nice. Just dont want something like the Bucs tho. 

Replace contemporary and flair with synonyms, and you get this:

"I think that this look that fans will feel, experience and see and hopefully wear is one that's more in keeping with a modern look and feel that our fans are looking for – a little more flash."

We're about to go full Buccaneers....

On 1/22/2020 at 9:40 PM, MDFalconFan said:

I find it interesting that the description of this video is almost word for word what Matt Tebeek said of the new helmet. The part about it looking good but even better in person. This helmet could work in that it flips from red to black making both sides of the helmet color debate happy. 

This is a beautiful helmet