Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
socalriseup

NEW JERSEYS IN APRIL!!!

6 hours ago, RHEC said:

Not bad honestly but I would prefer original striping on helmet, Falcon only on sleeves and red/black stripe on britches.   It could be much worse than this though.  Nice effort!

3 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

You must be miserable 

I am miserable. My team is soft and so are most of its sissy, fashion freak fans. What possible difference can their uniform make? It is just silly and schoolgirlish to obsess over it but we have a million threads on uniforms every season. 

“Oh goodness, I like this color with horizontal sleeve stripes, don’t you? Oh, and did you see Free’s fingernails last game? It was like he doesn’t even own a fingernail file. And who applied Grady’s eye black? So messy! We should start a makeup thread too.”

Just now, Dirtier Bird said:

I am miserable. My team is soft and so are most of its sissy, fashion freak fans. What possible difference can their uniform make? It is just silly and schoolgirlish to obsess over it but we have a million threads on uniforms every season. 

“Oh goodness, I like this color with horizontal sleeve stripes, don’t you? Oh, and did you see Free’s fingernails last game? It was like he doesn’t even own a fingernail file. And who applied Grady’s eye black? So messy! We should start a makeup thread too.”

Lol. I hope one day you're not so insecure. 

20 hours ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Ah yes....the iron taint.....ha!!  Seriously man, that red color rush is the most humiliating thing I’ve seen us wear period!   I’m old school, I like our black jerseys w red hats and I prefer when y’all wear your throw back type jerseys.  I will give Saints this, at least you’ve kept your helmets same.   I hate all these silly new designs.  If I had my way the bengals would go back to spelling it on their helmets, the pats would be white w ltl minute man snapping ball and we’d wear exactly what we wore in ‘69.   

Haha, I didn’t think y’all Color Rush was that bad. I’m a big fan of a minimalist design myself so the block numbers and simple design was aestheticly pleasing to me for our 2017 game.

As for throwbacks, indeed! I used to HATE almost every throwback uniform, but I ended up growing fond of some teams including ours and y’alls (both red hat and black hat variants). I love ours and my favorite jersey I own is actually a game issued throwback from the 2002 season.

And YES, that’s one thing I especially appreciate about our franchise is despite the many uniform changes, we kept the gold helmets for the most part. Over the years we adjusted from a gray face mask to black, the helmet fleur-de-lis got smaller, and after the switch to Nike we had to switch to a slightly lighter gold but still gold nonetheless. It annoys me to no end when our fans are talking about new uniforms and “oh a black helmet would look so good with this” or “oh a white helmet with Color Rush” and it’s like no, **** y’all. I want our gold helmets. Period.

18 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The Falcons were born before the Saints (1966 to 1967) and had black and gold in their original uniforms so if anyone copied anyone it's the Saints copying the Falcons.

But the gold was never an official team color, so if anything it’d technically be copying Tech, right? ;)

Our colors came from original owner John Mecom’s business interests in the petroleum industry and since oil is colloquially refered to as “black gold”, it was just a natural fit. :D

6 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

You can take it any way you want to!

I heard that you are about that. :D

You may or may not have heard right... :ninja: :D

1 minute ago, Iron Saint said:

Haha, I didn’t think y’all Color Rush was that bad. I’m a big fan of a minimalist design myself so the block numbers and simple design was aestheticly pleasing to me for our 2017 game.

As for throwbacks, indeed! I used to HATE almost every throwback uniform, but I ended up growing fond of some teams including ours and y’alls (both red hat and black hat variants). I love ours and my favorite jersey I own is actually a game issued throwback from the 2002 season.

And YES, that’s one thing I especially appreciate about our franchise is despite the many uniform changes, we kept the gold helmets for the most part. Over the years we adjusted from a gray face mask to black, the helmet fleur-de-lis got smaller, and after the switch to Nike we had to switch to a slightly lighter gold but still gold nonetheless. It annoys me to no end when our fans are talking about new uniforms and “oh a black helmet would look so good with this” or “oh a white helmet with Color Rush” and it’s like no, **** y’all. I want our gold helmets. Period.

But the gold was never an official team color, so if anything it’d technically be copying Tech, right? ;)

Our colors came from original owner John Mecom’s business interests in the petroleum industry and since oil is colloquially refered to as “black gold”, it was just a natural fit. :D

You may or may not have heard right... :ninja: :D

The gold was originally added to the Falcons helmets to appease the Tech fans who complained about the Falcons colors being Georgia colors.

Edited by AUTiger7222

10 minutes ago, Dirtier Bird said:

But....why is this making you so angry? You're angry that fans of a football team are excited that there's a uniform change coming. Why? 

Edited by dirtybirds233

Thx all for your honest feedback... very much appreciated.  Whichever uni Arthur and the Round Table chooses, let's just hope they have the wisdom to remove vertical stripes from the sleeves (reminds of a clown outfit) and tie-in all 3 levels (helmet, jersey and pants) a bit better for a more cohesive look... fyi, this is harder to do if the helmet is a different color than the jersey but is possible if they use he color of the helmet generously throughout the jersey and pants... good luck Dirty Birds... make us proud.  Best, DirtyBird46

37 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

But....why is this making you so angry? You're angry that fans of a football team are excited that there's a uniform change coming. Why? 

Because you all seem satisfied with an inferior product on the field, if the players will just dress better. Fifty-three seasons and no rings is unacceptable. I’ve spent untold thousands over the years on tickets and merchandise. I don’t care what they wear if they’ll just win. I don’t want the fans distracted. We should demand a competitive product on the field and not accept the placebo of two dollar hotdogs and new uniforms. I want an owner that doesn’t guarantee a player will be a falcon for life, but that makes decisions on what’s best for the team. I want coaches that don’t call stupid time outs, sit out their best players, and play the idiots. I don’t want rap music at practice and three foot dreads on everybody. Dreads and rap should be for winners. 

Just now, Dirtier Bird said:

Because you all seem satisfied with an inferior product on the field, if the players will just dress better. Fifty-three seasons and no rings is unacceptable. I’ve spent untold thousands over the years on tickets and merchandise. I don’t care what they wear if they’ll just win. I don’t want the fans distracted. We should demand a competitive product on the field and not accept the placebo of two dollar hotdogs and new uniforms. I want an owner that doesn’t guarantee a player will be a falcon for life, but that makes decisions on what’s best for the team. I want coaches that don’t call stupid time outs, sit out their best players, and play the idiots. I don’t want rap music at practice and three foot dreads on everybody. Dreads and rap should be for winners. 

Geez old man simmer down. Yes we all want a better product on the field but dont be a debbie downer because some us are excited for new uniforms.

5 minutes ago, Dirtier Bird said:

who said anyone is satisified with an inferior product on the field? and what can YOU as a fan do about the product on the field? not a dang thing, that's what. Stop spending money on a product you're not satisfied with, that's about it.

Oh wait, we have to demand a competitive product and how you as the fan want practice run and how grown men players should wear their hair. Ride on over to Flowery Branch, see if you can somehow get into Mr Blanks office and start your 'demands'. I'd say let us know how that goes, but I'd bet they won't let you use the internet in jail so you can come back and tell us how well that went for you

some of y'all and your 'it's all the fans fault for putting up with it' spin....hilariously funny

48 minutes ago, Dirtier Bird said:

Look guys, we have a poster, here, whose manhood is threatened by folks who enjoy style and aesthetics.  He doesn't understand it, so EVERYBODY else are the "schoolgirls."  Sir, do you not appreciate beauty?  What a dull existence that must be.

Also, just because we are enjoying the offseason time-killer that is new uniform conjecture, doesn't mean we can't also hold the team's proverbial feet to the fire when it comes to on-field performance.  These are not mutually exclusive concepts, and God knows there are plenty of topics on this board *****ing about any number of team issues, both real and imagined.

So, do yourself, and eveyone else, a favor -- lighten up a bit.

1 hour ago, Dirtier Bird said:

Poor guy

Just now, EJmusic said:

:lol: love all it honestly. Cracks me up that his priorities are so screwed up that he had to write all of this because of jerseys.

Mans really bent out of shape because fans are discussing uniforms that are actually on the way. I could see if it was a speculative thread. Gotta love it

If I don't care about one of the topics on this board, I simply just avoid the thread. I don't sit around banging my head against the wall hating everybody else.

With all due respect....

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Dirtier Bird said:

You sound like the type of guy who says “I’m not racist, but...”

Also, since the Falcons brass have publicly stated that there will be a uniform change, if now isn't the right time to talk about this subject, I'm not sure when is???  Besides, I remember how pumped up and excited I was back when the Jerry Glanville led Falcons did the uniform and came out in those black helmets and jerseys, man I was too pumped... sadly, the uni's (in my humble opinion) have gone downhill ever since.  Those uni's were iconic just as the Raiders, Steelers, Packers, Chiefs and cowboys uni's are all iconic and perhaps to a lesser extent I would also say the old powder blue Chargers uni's are also iconic but we couldn't leave well enough alone and keep trying to compromise to appease fans and while doing so our team doesn't make a strong statement (either on the field or off it (i.e. uniforms))... just my two cents... but, in the end it's AB's team so I suppose he can do anything we $%#&-well pleases :-)