Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
socalriseup

NEW JERSEYS IN APRIL!!!

:huh: So sweet to see you guys 19 pages excited about what other men wear. I can picture you all jumping up and down just so happy. Would you rather see something that shows off their butts or maybe see through shirts? So what fashion magazines do you boys subscribe to? 

I'm hoping they can get their act together on the field myself. I don't give a F what they wear as long as they win. But you do you.

7 hours ago, DirtyBird46 said:

Hi All,

Long time reader but new to the Board.  Would like to chime in on the new Uni's.  In my humble opinion our current uni's are dreadful and in dire need of a refresh.  Generally speaking the entire uni looks like a compromise b/w red and black with no real point of view or direction.  That said all is not loss... here is my proposed presentment of the problem and proposed solution:

PROBLEM

Specifically, the most brutal eyesores are: (1) the clownish stripes on the sleeves that go vertical rather than horizontal, simply awful; (2) the helmet, shirt and pants are all different colors, thus, no cohesion AND there isn't a single element that runs throughout the look to pull it all together - just a hot mess.  That being said, I do like the fact that they went with a black helmet with no stripes on the helmet, this in and of itself makes a strong statement and was a great start, but the designer failed miserably from that point on; and (3) our color scheme of black and red is too limiting and flat.  

SOLUTION

The easiest fix is to either add a color to blend with the black and red (which is what the designer tried to do in the past by adding grey or white), which can work but has been done already and doesn't really make a statement so much as simply tries to fix the problem by placing a bandaid on it or, alternatively, we can add a third color that gives more pop to our otherwise drab color scheme.  My vote is for the more aggressive and bold approach of adding more punch to our color scheme.  What color does that you ask?  The answer is gold/yellow.  For marketing purposes, I would call it Georgia Gold.  This is the logical choice as it brings to life both the red and the black will not fighting with either color. This not only solves the flat problem but also breathes life into a drab lifeless color scheme as well as introduces the idea of unity, since Georgia's color scheme is obviously black and red and Tech's primary color is gold.  

Next, it is an easy fix to simply remove the clownish vertical stripes from the sleeves.  The sleeves can really make or break a look.  The key is the add flare and interest without looking overdone or like amateur hour;

Lastly, I would keep the black helmet as it is the most powerful color in our color scheme and it sets the tone with a somewhat menacing or sinister look, which is a worthy goal for a violent sport.  I also love that they removed the stripes from the helmet, which is more a more modern and clean look... stripes on the helmet look more dated and seem more like a look back in time than a look at the future of the sport.

EXAMPLE

To give an idea of what I'm talking about, here is a mock uni that I came up with that offers various options that may be mixed and matched for different looks.  Just tried to think outside the box and let the colors scheme speak to me.  Also thought about what I would be proud to where if I were still playing.  Let me know what ya think... if you hate it, it's ok I won't be offended, it's supposedly a free country, so fire away.  On the other hand, if you love it (even just some of the elements of it) let me know that too and if anyone has a pipeline into Arthur and the Round Table, plz show them my designs and comments... not that they have to use my ideas, just don't want them repeating some of the same design mistakes of the past. Peace & Blessings Family!!

logo.png.421358382c7a586ddae10df4f9b20d20.png

The file is too big to also include a closer look at the helmet.  Will do that under a different post... cheers!!!  -DirtyBird46

No offense but I really hope this isn't the design and that you're one of the designers signing up for the board to gage opinions. This is the 2nd time someone has posted about yellow/gold being included and it has me worried.

1 hour ago, Smiler11 said:

No offense but I really hope this isn't the design and that you're one of the designers signing up for the board to gage opinions. This is the 2nd time someone has posted about yellow/gold being included and it has me worried.

More likely gold, not yellow. 

14 hours ago, papachaz said:

speaking of tainted brings me to your comment to @Ezekiel 25:17

coming from him, that was definitely NOT a euphemism...this is a guy who occasionally sits on his hand to put it to sleep so it feels like someone else actually IS pumping his gas, if you know what I mean

TBH, I never thought of that.

But you seem to know too many details there! :lol:

2 hours ago, Dirtier Bird said:

:huh: So sweet to see you guys 19 pages excited about what other men wear. I can picture you all jumping up and down just so happy. Would you rather see something that shows off their butts or maybe see through shirts? So what fashion magazines do you boys subscribe to? 

I'm hoping they can get their act together on the field myself. I don't give a F what they wear as long as they win. But you do you.

Actually many fans still do buy jerseys. It's also just something to talk about during a time where football is pretty much about to be done.

Of course we all want to see the Falcons win, but they can't win **** at this point in time because their season is over.

People talking about the new jerseys until the draft process starts to ramp up and FA starts.

It's no different than Niners fans, Bills fans, Seahawks fans, Vikings fans, Jaguars fan(about every other year it seems), Jets fans, and Titans fans when they were getting new jerseys. People just want to speculate how they look.

If the Falcons jerseys come out to look like the Bucs, I bet you would at least say how bad they are.

It's all just for fun until the real stuff starts.

8 hours ago, DirtyBird46 said:

logo-transparent.png.838bac02307bb9a9b4b0ac2fd04b2b4e.png

Here is a closer look at my proposed helmet design... cheers!!!

It looks like more of an arena football or XFL kind of design. I personally dont want to see that Falcons wear these. I'll stick with the red, black, white and silver colors. 

4 hours ago, Dirtier Bird said:

I’m sorry this upset you so much. Thoughts & prayers to you for this very difficult time.

4 hours ago, Dirtier Bird said:

I bet this is how you dress Dirtier Bird. 

D766AB35-D804-48DB-8861-F47FB67A6245.jpeg

3 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

What the **** did I just look at?

3 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

Yes, no offense but this looks like someone hijacked a Hawks uni and went nuts

11 hours ago, DirtyBird46 said:

Hi All,

Long time reader but new to the Board.  Would like to chime in on the new Uni's.  In my humble opinion our current uni's are dreadful and in dire need of a refresh.  Generally speaking the entire uni looks like a compromise b/w red and black with no real point of view or direction.  That said all is not loss... here is my proposed presentment of the problem and proposed solution:

PROBLEM

Specifically, the most brutal eyesores are: (1) the clownish stripes on the sleeves that go vertical rather than horizontal, simply awful; (2) the helmet, shirt and pants are all different colors, thus, no cohesion AND there isn't a single element that runs throughout the look to pull it all together - just a hot mess.  That being said, I do like the fact that they went with a black helmet with no stripes on the helmet, this in and of itself makes a strong statement and was a great start, but the designer failed miserably from that point on; and (3) our color scheme of black and red is too limiting and flat.  

SOLUTION

The easiest fix is to either add a color to blend with the black and red (which is what the designer tried to do in the past by adding grey or white), which can work but has been done already and doesn't really make a statement so much as simply tries to fix the problem by placing a bandaid on it or, alternatively, we can add a third color that gives more pop to our otherwise drab color scheme.  My vote is for the more aggressive and bold approach of adding more punch to our color scheme.  What color does that you ask?  The answer is gold/yellow.  For marketing purposes, I would call it Georgia Gold.  This is the logical choice as it brings to life both the red and the black will not fighting with either color. This not only solves the flat problem but also breathes life into a drab lifeless color scheme as well as introduces the idea of unity, since Georgia's color scheme is obviously black and red and Tech's primary color is gold.  

Next, it is an easy fix to simply remove the clownish vertical stripes from the sleeves.  The sleeves can really make or break a look.  The key is the add flare and interest without looking overdone or like amateur hour;

Lastly, I would keep the black helmet as it is the most powerful color in our color scheme and it sets the tone with a somewhat menacing or sinister look, which is a worthy goal for a violent sport.  I also love that they removed the stripes from the helmet, which is more a more modern and clean look... stripes on the helmet look more dated and seem more like a look back in time than a look at the future of the sport.

EXAMPLE

To give an idea of what I'm talking about, here is a mock uni that I came up with that offers various options that may be mixed and matched for different looks.  Just tried to think outside the box and let the colors scheme speak to me.  Also thought about what I would be proud to where if I were still playing.  Let me know what ya think... if you hate it, it's ok I won't be offended, it's supposedly a free country, so fire away.  On the other hand, if you love it (even just some of the elements of it) let me know that too and if anyone has a pipeline into Arthur and the Round Table, plz show them my designs and comments... not that they have to use my ideas, just don't want them repeating some of the same design mistakes of the past. Peace & Blessings Family!!

logo.png.421358382c7a586ddae10df4f9b20d20.png

The file is too big to also include a closer look at the helmet.  Will do that under a different post... cheers!!!  -DirtyBird46

A+ for creativity and effort.  Full send.

5 hours ago, Dirtier Bird said:

So are you saying if we all quit caring about the uniforms, then the Falcons will finally win a Superbowl?

Dayum. All these years wasted.:o

5 hours ago, Dirtier Bird said:

Stfub 

11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Best idea I’ve seen yet

Looks like the Seahawks in black and red.  Not sure what the gray is on the back of the white jersey, or the two tone red on the back of the red jersey.  It’s not my favorite design I’ve seen, but it seems like a likely candidate for the actual design.

6 hours ago, Dirtier Bird said:

You must be miserable