• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watch it be some #######

Finally  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, etherdome said:

I have to admit that this is a good, clean look.  I think I'd like to go back to the red helmets, only darken the red......something closer to blood.  

A red jersey and silver pants might look good too.

My only worry is that Nike goes a bit over the top at times(Bucs and Browns jerseys as example).

I've also seen plenty of over done college uniforms by them.

Hope Blank doesn't allow the Falcons to fall victim to that.

52 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

My only worry is that Nike goes a bit over the top at times(Bucs and Browns jerseys as example).

I've also seen plenty of over done college uniforms by them.

Hope Blank doesn't allow the Falcons to fall victim to that.

I am not much into uniform design.  To me, any uniform looks good on a winner.  However, Blank has to be smart about his choice.  He needs to appeal to the youngest demographic......people who will be buying NFL apparel.  

I did not like the present uniform because I felt it look a bit clownish, but I am not the target demographic.

Just give me a champion and I would be happy with them wearing kilts and bonnets.   

Anyone else find it ironic that the same message board that is obsessed with “trenches”, “get nastier”, etc. turns into a Paris fashion show whenever uniforms are brought up?

”The red piping would nicely accentuate the silver pants. . .but you need the right waist/hip ratio to really pull it off”

3 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Anyone else find it ironic that the same message board that is obsessed with “trenches”, “get nastier”, etc. turns into a Paris fashion show whenever uniforms are brought up?

”The red piping would nicely accentuate the silver pants. . .but you need the right waist/hip ratio to really pull it off”

Someone seems a little insecure. Let people enjoy what they want.

Wanting better trench play doesn't mean you also can't wait better uniforms. 

I find it sad everytime we have a uniform thread there's some guy who always has to come in to try and put down everyone and weakly insinuate things. Bunch of clowns if you ask me.

On 1/14/2020 at 6:05 PM, octoslash said:

It can't be any more silly looking than what we've had for the past two decades... Can it?:(

Now that I've finished crying my tears of joy ... I will hunt down the idiot who came up with the idea of tri-sectioned sleeves and shove my walking stick so far up his ... well, you know.:D

22 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Ironically, Jerry Glanville was the reason why the Falcons went back to black uniforms during the 90's because he loved black.

I don't trust the Falcons' brain trust one bit when it comes to getting new uniforms right.  The current logo screams "90s design", but I doubt there will be any substantial changes to it.  Clean and classic with an attention to detail should be the design philosophy behind uniforms, but all it takes is one look at the new stadium to tell you that's not how they operate.  My only real hope that has a chance of coming true is that they'll switch to a red helmet.  The best they've looked in years was the throwback a few years ago with the black jerseys and red helmets.  Looked as good today as it did back then.

1969-atlanta-falcons-fact-book.jpg

falcons_throwback.jpg

Let me just say one thing that makes a lot of sense ...  Which Uniform is easier for our opponents to see,, which makes us easier to track with their DBs and DL,,,??????? Think about it fans,  We did well in Black because it's harder for our opponents to keep tract of where we are,,  And harder to see us in Black and white,,  and the red and White stick out like a sore thumb!!   And makes us easier to keep track of..  

I know some will say,, that's crazy,, Not so my fan friends.. Not so...   I mean if you were wanting to flag down some one for help? Would you want to use Red and White,, Or Black and white..  There is no compareson  to how much easier it is for a Team to keep tract us with Red and And white on ,, or Black and white on.   So I beg the FO to please see what's best for us !! If they can't see it,  They are  blind , But our opponents are not blind and can see the Red and white so much more clearly to defend than the Black and White that puts teams to sleep !!

7 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Let me just say one thing that makes a lot of sense ...  Which Uniform is easier for our opponents to see,, which makes us easier to track with their DBs and DL,,,??????? Think about it fans,  We did well in Black because it's harder for our opponents to keep tract of where we are,,  And harder to see us in Black and white,,  and the red and White stick out like a sore thumb!!   And makes us easier to keep track of..  

I know some will say,, that's crazy,, Not so my fan friends.. Not so...   I mean if you were wanting to flag down some one for help? Would you want to use Red and White,, Or Black and white..  There is no compareson  to how much easier it is for a Team to keep tract us with Red and And white on ,, or Black and white on.   So I beg the FO to please see what's best for us !! If they can't see it,  They are  blind , But our opponents are not blind and can see the Red and white so much more clearly to defend than the Black and White that puts teams to sleep !!

You know the Ryan/TD era has been the most successful time in Falcons history. They've mostly wore red throughout the entire time.

49 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Lol what is this logic, it's likes saying because you want to go to the gym and get some abs that you can't be worried about shopping for clothes at the mall there's zero correlation in these two things. 

57 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

If you really want to get into it, there's been a ton of studies on why teams/athletes that wear red statistically perform better than other colours.