• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watch it be some #######

Finally  

Posted Images

These are great. 

The team kept an old-school uniform set, which is awesome. We went to a matte black helmet with a bigger logo, and chrome face mask. It looks great.

The white and black uniform sets are incredible. I really, really think they look clean and not too busy. 

Only gripe is the red to black uniforms. They look absurd. However, the kids in the house like them the best, so, what do we know? 

27 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

They can get a new team if the uniform is more important than winning then...

And I’m sorry, but there’s no justification in comparing a new uniform to a super bowl collapse. It’s an overreaction. Plain and simple 

You should know by now that, to consumers, the branding of a product is sadly more important than the product itself. That's why companies spend millions on product packaging.  Its rough for die-hards, which most of us on this board are, when the team you love rebrands to something you hate. 

Doubt you'll see people here jumping ship, but if they hate the uniform/teams appearance, the "overreactions" are justified. 

Edited by Snafu
20 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I'd avoid having the number 9 in my jersey number like it was the plague.The #1 rule in choosing a font is for it to look good for every number. I believe they missed the mark there. The difference between the 9 and 7 looks almost like two completely different fonts.

no.PNG

Should’ve made the top of the 9 normal and closed, sharpened of the edge of the bottom

20 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I'd avoid having the number 9 in my jersey number like it was the plague.The #1 rule in choosing a font is for it to look good for every number. I believe they missed the mark there. The difference between the 9 and 7 looks almost like two completely different fonts.

no.PNG

It looks as if they forgot to add the font to the number 7 actually. Would have been easy to add the small point that goes down like in the number 2 for example..

I honestly think the new font would've looked great with the old logo. It seems destined to go with it..

Plus keep in mind that Matt Ryan - as much as I love him, and that says nothing about his "looks" or posture in general - generally does not make a jersey look great, no matter how it looks. I don't know what it is, just together with the pads, it seems a bit out of form..

59 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

No. It’s one thing to critique it. It’s another when people say things like “this is worse than 28-3! This is equivalent to a huge turd!”

They did a decent job of trying to go basic, black, classic etc.  I honestly think (and predicted) their only flaw was that the marketing dept believes that ATLANTA culture represents the fanbase when in reality it doesn’t.  This teams paying fanbase is widely represented by suburbanites (see Braves marketing data).  What some see as “edgy, fresh, contemporary” the majority of fanbase is looking for classic, timeless, never change our uni” looks.  Again, Dallas, GB, Chicago etc.......this fanbase has always wanted their team to be more respected around NFL.  LI put another dent in our already fragile fan psyche.  “ATL” is a slogan more utilized by transplants and females in particular.....folks are sick of “rise up” due to LI and recent failure.  All this fanbase wanted on a majority scale was the 66 unis updated a bit.  Period, the end.   My 11 y/o step son likes the fade.  That’s the demographic that was pandered to.  He will not be the man buying a ticket in ABs lifetime or this marketing groups careers.  The players Do Not represent our fanbase!  Although I’d like our players to dig uni it stops there.  These unis are great in so many ways.  Some minor admissions of the areas in which they missed the mark and swift responsive corrections will result in a classic uni that your fanbase LOVES!!!  Simple.......stick w white pants mainly, change ATL back to Falcons and smaller, keep the black w red stripe socks and add a red helmet w same new face mask and finally put the gradient in novelty shops and get a classic basic  red jersey to replace said gradient.  This was a great first effort!!!  Now LEARN YOUR REAL AUDIENCE......these unis are a start of a great uniform I guarantee and I appreciate the efforts.  Dare I ask.......is their a true native Atlantan/Georgian on the staff to consult???  Just because we live in/near Atl doesn’t meant that monicker represents our fanbase anymore than a college style gradient jersey.  There’s a reason we’re the 1st in NFL.......don’t think others haven’t considered then “reconsidered”.........overall Thanks Falcons, we’re in this together, now LETS FINISH THE DRILL!!!    Y’all owe the fans after LI  period!!!!

Edited by BUBBASBEANS
4 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

They did a decent job of trying to go basic, black, classic etc.  I honestly think (and predicted) their only flaw was that the marketing dept believes that ATLANTA culture represents the fanbase when in reality it doesn’t.  This teams paying fanbase is widely represented by suburbanites (see Braves marketing data).  What some see as “edgy, fresh, contemporary” the majority of fanbase is looking for classic, timeless, never change our uni” looks.  Again, Dallas, GB, Chicago etc.......this fanbase has always wanted their team to be more respected around NFL.  LI put another dent in our already fragile fan psyche.  “ATL” is a slogan more utilized by transplants and females in particular.....folks are sick of “rise up” due to LI and recent failure.  All this fanbase wanted on a majority scale was the 66 unis updated a bit.  Period, the end.   My 11 y/o step son likes the fade.  That’s the demographic that was pandered to.  He will not be the man buying a ticket in ABs lifetime or this marketing groups careers.  The players Do Not represent our fanbase!  Although I’d like our players to dig uni it stops there.  These unis are great in so many ways.  Some minor admissions of the areas in which they missed the mark and swift responsive corrections will result in a classic uni that your fanbase LOVES!!!  Simple.......stick w white pants mainly, change ATL back to Falcons and smaller, keep the black w red stripe socks and add a red helmet w same new face mask and finally put the gradient in novelty shops and get a classic basic  red jersey to replace said gradient.  This was a great first effort!!!  Now LEARN YOUR REAL AUDIENCE......these unis are a start of a great uniform I guarantee and I appreciate the efforts.  Dare I ask.......is their a true native Atlantan/Georgian on the staff to consult???  Just because we live in/near Atl doesn’t meant that monicker represents our fanbase anymore than a college style gradient jersey.  There’s a reason we’re the 1st in NFL.......don’t think others haven’t considered then “reconsidered”.........overall Thanks Falcons, we’re in this together, now LETS FINISH THE DRILL!!!    Y’all owe the fans after LI  period!!!!

Ultimately, the uniforms are a marketing ploy to sell to younger people. Football fans shouldn’t care this much about the uniforms. Just go out there and win

Everyone is giving their opinions of the new uniforms.  I guess COVID has us all cooped up inside and we need to air ourselves out, if not by going out, then by expressing our opinions.  So, these are my opinions.

1.  ANYTHING is better than the clown suits that have been worn for 17 years.  ANYTHING

2.  I like the ATL in the front.  This is not a popular opinion, but I like the city branding. 

3.  I think the font is terrible, but then again, I don't like the whole "winged" theme.  

4.  I like the larger logo on the helmet.  The smaller one was difficult to see in a stadium and really did not even stand out on highlight videos.  

5.  All in all, this is not bad, but I think Artie should have splurged on better designers.  I feel the same way about the stadium, but that is another subject.  The new design is nothing special, but far better than the previous iteration.  

6.  Finally, I feel strongly that an opportunity was missed.  They should have reverted back to red helmets.  A matte or satin-finished helmet would have been a dramatic change.  First, it would have left the memory of Glanville once and for all.  Second, the red-on-black would have been eye-popping.  Lastly, the logo would have looked even better against the red.  

Well, that's it.  The new uni's are decidedly anticlimactic.  Now let's see what they do in the draft.  

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ultimately, the uniforms are a marketing ploy to sell to younger people. Football fans shouldn’t care this much about the uniforms. Just go out there and win

I’ll give you 10% of what you’re saying but I think theirs something unique about our fanbase that you must understand.  WE (Majority of Falcons fans) have been tortured immensely for over 1/2 a century first and foremost.  Even at our zenith, this org has found ways to rip our souls to shreds (LI is real man and no other fanbase bears that cross).  Where were you when Danny White led the 4th qtr comeback in ‘80 or when Jamal blew out his second ACL or when the player to remain anonymous procured his hooker and the 45+ years of futility in between highlighted by the likes of Patrino and Dan Reeves unceremonious demise??  I’m assuming you experienced LI.  Pls understand I don’t question you to point out anything other than our collective pain.  It’s real!!!  In general Falcons fans have seen their beloved team be a joke of NFL for most of our existence.  We desire, more than anything, a TRADITION not gimmicks and slogans.  I completely agree on “WINNING”  but like any entertainment industry branding and product identity go hand in hand w performance.  All we’re asking for is to be truly represented by our product on Sundays.  I’m gonna throw a bone and assume the red helmet is pending NFL approval bc noone could‘ve done an ounce of research and not figd that one out (although I do like black one too).  Team just needs to make sure players and coach aren’t driving marketing and that fans are.  It’s our team, $, history and legacy.  It’s their paycheck.  If you don’t blv me let someone else offer a bigger one and see how long they care.  It’s personal for the REAL fans.  Make sure they include more than just transplants in our fanbase is all and you’ll se what I mean.  Try Cobb, Fayetteville, coweta, Macon, Augusta, Albany, Valdosta, Athens  etc.  there’s fans all across great state of Ga...not just in ATL.  One final note....kids don’t buy tickets for years.....tradition carries a lifetime once instilled (not fads). It matters.    Signed off w 50+ years of emotional turmoil I speak for a mostly silent majority.....

I definitely like the black on black getting back to the Prime and Vick days when on the field it just looked mean. But the white jersey is fire  The gradient is growing on me. On the black I am glad they didn’t choose red numbers to look like San Francisco but the numbers are huge. I’ll get used to it and I’m sure everyone else will too. 

2 hours ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

'ATL' doesn't have to represent a moniker, slogan or movement. In its most simplistic form it just an abbreviated form of Atlanta just as NY or LA are of New York and Los Angeles.

Personally I'd rather have no text on the front of the jerseys but seeing as we do I don't really care if it says Falcons, Atlanta or ATL. At least the latter is the fewest number of letters.

16 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

'ATL' doesn't have to represent a moniker, slogan or movement. In its most simplistic form it just an abbreviated form of Atlanta just as NY or LA are of New York and Los Angeles.

Personally I'd rather have no text on the front of the jerseys but seeing as we do I don't really care if it says Falcons, Atlanta or ATL. At least the latter is the fewest number of letters.

I don’t disagree and frankly it adds some color on front.  I think it was a ltl oversized for many (obv) but that’s not a complete deal breaker for me.  Our fanbase is generally a ltl conservative in that respect (preferring more traditional look).  What boils down to is that the majority of ticket buyers grew up watching bartkowski w their dads and it brings fond memories.  Some of theses combos are more geared to different set of fans.  That’s fine but be more intentional w your primary “look”.  In other words......this fanbase on whole won’t accept the mean machine look that a few of these combos being pushed delivers.  Again, it’s subtlety of knowing your fans backgrounds intimately. They’ll play for fans who came on during Vick era but not your died in the wool longtimers.  Classic unis offer a marriage of those 2 eras that is nec to unite fanbase behind 1 uni set I think.  

1 hour ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

I don’t disagree and frankly it adds some color on front.  I think it was a ltl oversized for many (obv) but that’s not a complete deal breaker for me.  Our fanbase is generally a ltl conservative in that respect (preferring more traditional look).  What boils down to is that the majority of ticket buyers grew up watching bartkowski w their dads and it brings fond memories.  Some of theses combos are more geared to different set of fans.  That’s fine but be more intentional w your primary “look”.  In other words......this fanbase on whole won’t accept the mean machine look that a few of these combos being pushed delivers.  Again, it’s subtlety of knowing your fans backgrounds intimately. They’ll play for fans who came on during Vick era but not your died in the wool longtimers.  Classic unis offer a marriage of those 2 eras that is nec to unite fanbase behind 1 uni set I think.  

I generally agree and would rather a simpler, more classic/retro look. I was specifically speaking to the ATL on the front. I agree it's too big and I'd personally rather no text there, but I have no issues with ATL over ATLANTA or even FALCONS. It does look better in red on the black jerseys than it does on the white jerseys.

1 hour ago, Smiler11 said:

I generally agree and would rather a simpler, more classic/retro look. I was specifically speaking to the ATL on the front. I agree it's too big and I'd personally rather no text there, but I have no issues with ATL over ATLANTA or even FALCONS. It does look better in red on the black jerseys than it does on the white jerseys.

Yeah, I prbly came off as too much against it bc of my frustration over what I think was a missed opportunity in general as some have mentioned. I can certainly live w that, like the contrast as u mentioned on black esp.  I honestly don’t mind these black helmets w white pants and black jersey.  I realize there are some who want black on black and I think their desires should be honored a cpl times a year for sure but I’m not a fan of that stripe on black jersey/mean machine look nor the gradient mean machine look.  Biggest miss was w regard to classic red helmet honestly.  That’s prbly forthcoming I bet.  I bet they can’t say bc it would violate or become issue w league since it’s not yet approved.  NFL prbly screwed then and us truthfully on that one. If so they need to leak the info thru back channels like unis.  All in all, if they’d say “black on white primary home, white on white/black primary roads, black on black a cpl of special games per year w gradient being a concept for sales only and ensure commitment to pursuing red helmets and red alt home jersey going forward” I think most of us would get on bandwagon prty quickly.