socalriseup

NEW JERSEYS IN APRIL!!!

2,866 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, quotemokc said:

I don't want to see any grey anywhere, we don't need to be like the Lions

58f01ae0cf6d8f80008b46ab-640-480.jpg

One fact we know, is that we have 4 color options. I would imagine they’re, black, red, white and grey 

1 hour ago, Birdbrains9 said:

One fact we know, is that we have 4 color options. I would imagine they’re, black, red, white and grey 

The official Atlanta Falcons colors are Red, Black, and Silver. White is shared by all NFL organizations.

shock likes this

7 hours ago, RHEC said:

we are getting new uniforms, so how is going back to throwback new?

Interesting. You have not answered my question. Instead, you asked a new question. This tells me you really don't know.

Here's a list of teams who have had new uniforms introduced that were, in some part or entirely, based on their classic design. Key words "new uniforms":

Atlanta Braves

St. Louis Cardinals 

New York Giants

San Diego Chargers

Los Angeles Rams

Buffalo Bills 

So, it is certainly possible for a team to include classic design elements or completely reimagine their look with a throwback. 

AUTiger7222 likes this

17 hours ago, quotemokc said:

I don't want to see any grey anywhere, we don't need to be like the Lions

58f01ae0cf6d8f80008b46ab-640-480.jpg

How will we be anything like the Lions when they're blue and the Falcons are red?

BTW, I love these uniforms!

11 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Interesting. You have not answered my question. Instead, you asked a new question. This tells me you really don't know.

Here's a list of teams who have had new uniforms introduced that were, in some part or entirely, based on their classic design. Key words "new uniforms":

Atlanta Braves

St. Louis Cardinals 

New York Giants

San Diego Chargers

Los Angeles Rams

Buffalo Bills 

So, it is certainly possible for a team to include classic design elements or completely reimagine their look with a throwback. 

Exactly. It's stupid that folks think it's impossible that the Falcons couldn't possibly be going back to the old logo and throwback uniforms permanently. I still believe there's a reason Arthur Blank had the field painted up like the old way from the 90s on Thanksgiving night for the first time since the switch to the new logo in 2003.

11 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Atlanta Braves

St. Louis Cardinals 

New York Giants

San Diego Chargers

Los Angeles Rams

Buffalo Bills 

Post pics of the examples otherwise you're just full of it

14 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Exactly. It's stupid that folks think it's impossible that the Falcons couldn't possibly be going back to the old logo and throwback uniforms permanently. I still believe there's a reason Arthur Blank had the field painted up like the old way from the 90s on Thanksgiving night for the first time since the switch to the new logo in 2003.

Probably cause it was a primetime game

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Probably cause it was a primetime game

Falcons have had primetime throwback uniform games previously under Blank and never changed the way the field was painted. I believe that Blank did it to see how it would look on the fake grass.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Falcons have had primetime throwback uniform games previously under Blank and never changed the way the field was painted. I believe that Blank did it to see how it would look on the fake grass.

When have we used the new black ones in primetime?

When have we used the new black ones in primetime?

The 5-interception game of Brees back in 2012 we wore throwbacks.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The 5-interception game of Brees back in 2012 we wore throwbacks.

That's not the black ones we've been using. Those are different.

30 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Yeeaahhh.... I’m not gonna be doing that. We are all on the internet right now, so the images are there for your consideration. I’m even willing to wager I was on the conservative side with my list. 

But the Braves should be a cakewalk for you if only one example would do. 

2 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

That's not the black ones we've been using. Those are different.

They were still throwback uniforms which was my whole point. We've used the old logo but the Thanksgiving game was the first time we've ever painted the old logo on the field.

3 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Buffalo Bills - 1960s era

6e80cb187f7a632767978985a3ae8e8f.jpg

Buffalo Bills - 1990s era

nfl_split1x_576.jpg?w=576

Buffalo Bills - Today

ap-19328764912125.jpg

I don't know why folks are acting like teams haven't done throwback uniforms as new permanent uniforms when there's examples of it and the Bills and Jets are two such examples.

7 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

They were still throwback uniforms which was my whole point. We've used the old logo but the Thanksgiving game was the first time we've ever painted the old logo on the field.

Again it was a huge primetime game. That game was the most watched Thansgiving game the year before. Of course we did.

They've said new uniforms and a logo tweak we arent going to a uniform we've used before and a complete change in logo to an old one.

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I don't know why folks are acting like teams haven't done throwback uniforms as new permanent uniforms when there's examples of it and the Bills and Jets are two such examples.

Because they didnt. They look a little like them but they're not the same. That's like saying our throwback uniforms now are the same as going back to the all black jerseys we had before. Its not.

6 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Because they didnt. They look a little like them but they're not the same. That's like saying our throwback uniforms now are the same as going back to the all black jerseys we had before. Its not.

No, they're not exactly the same, but they were based on previous uniforms which is exactly what was mentioned. It's not out of the question that the Falcons new uniforms are based on the old uniforms.

No, they're not exactly the same, but they were based on previous uniforms which is exactly what was mentioned. It's not out of the question that the Falcons new uniforms are based on the old uniforms.

Based and going back to throwbacks like some have said are two different things

Why did you post this again?