Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Falcons Fan MVP

Is there any running back on our roster besides Freeman that you trust to block for Matt Ryan when needed?

If we do keep Freeman this will probably be the biggest reason why. I'm not sure if I trust any of our other running backs to block for Matt Ryan when needed consistently. Not that Freeman is great at it but he's good enough I guess you could say. Is there any running back on our current roster besides Freeman that you guys trust to block (pick up the blitz) when called upon?

26 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If we do keep Freeman this will probably be the biggest reason why. I'm not sure if I trust any of our other running backs to block for Matt Ryan when needed consistently. Not that Freeman is great at it but he's good enough I guess you could say. Is there any running back on our current roster besides Freeman that you guys trust to block (pick up the blitz) when called upon?

I personally can’t remember a more critical whiff on a blitz pick up than Freeman’s nonexistent one in the SB. I’d pick anyone else over him. 

28 minutes ago, sandtrap said:

I personally can’t remember a more critical whiff on a blitz pick up than Freeman’s nonexistent one in the SB. I’d pick anyone else over him. 

That after being a big distraction Super Bowl week when his agent was asking for a big contract.

1 minute ago, vel said:

Yall are idiots for claiming Free is a bad blocker. He's more than capable of pass pro at RB. One play doesn't create a player.

Beyond that, Ito was fine. Hill was decent this year. Barner only because he's a vet, but not much beyond that. 

Nah man, here in TATF-ville, 1 play defines the entire value of a player for their career.

Have a seat and let me tell you about the time Jake Matthews held...

/pats seat chair next to him

6 minutes ago, vel said:

Yall are idiots for claiming Free is a bad blocker. He's more than capable of pass pro at RB. One play doesn't create a player.

Beyond that, Ito was fine. Hill was decent this year. Barner only because he's a vet, but not much beyond that. 

I don’t know how good Free is at blocking overall, but you are absolutely right. Fans always want to indict a player for one bad play.  

like condemning 5 time pro bowler Keith Brooking for a bad play in a critical 3rd and 16 situation. No one is arguing they aren’t big mistakes but their careers are not defined by those single plays. 

Edited by Captain Falcon

1 hour ago, caponine said:

Anybody but Freeman tbh. He's just not really that good at it. Coleman would almost always be on the field in obvious passing situations. Hill, Ollison and Ito are in the game more on third down than Freeman 

You and your love affair for Coleman man :lol:

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Qadree had the highest PFF pass blocking rating among all our backs and was 15th in the league, albeit on a limited/non-qualifying number of snaps.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah he's a real Teco lap licker. Free had a higher pass blocking rating than Teco. 67.8 to 56.4. Bwahahaha.

Lol wow so he really can block?? Coulda fooled me. Everytime I see him, he's getting run over sooo 

1 hour ago, socalriseup said:

hill has seemed decent in blitz pickup.

freeman is the last man id trust

Hill and Ollison have both been good. Ito less so. Free is often good but the whiffs really hurt. The commotion before the SB makes it even worse since it sticks in everyone's minds as a result.

1 hour ago, vel said:

1 hour ago, athell said:

Nah man, here in TATF-ville, 1 play defines the entire value of a player for their career.

Have a seat and let me tell you about the time Jake Matthews held...

/pats seat chair next to him

This is a clear troll thread. 

Be like someone making a thread titled 

"Who do you trust to catch and interception besides Trufant/Neal?"

"Who do you trust to catch a wide open TD besides Julio?"

Etc