Osiruz

Clowney wants to be on a contender

50 posts in this topic

Now that he’s had a taste of postseason success, Jadeveon Clowney wants more.

The veteran defensive end, who spent the year with Seattle after coming over in trade from the Texans, said he has a clear priority when he looks at his pending free agency.

I just want to win,” Clowney said, via Joe Fann of NBCSportsNorthwest.com. “I want to get that Super Bowl, by any means. That’s what I’m looking for. Who’s going to get me there? I’m not looking to get on no sorry team for no money. That ain’t gonna fly.

“I’m not going to fight through all that just to lose 16 games and go home with my check. I hate that. That ain’t what I’m doing. If I can’t do that — I’m not going to no team that can’t win.”

That does not preclude a return to the Seahawks, but the first order of business is expected to be surgery to repair the core muscle injury which slowed him late in the season.

He only had three sacks in the regular season, but the former Texans franchise-tag recipient should still have a strong market in March.

It will just come with conditions.

------------------------------------------------------

That could potentially rule us out depending on how he sees us. 

13 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Drunk on a Monday at 3PM . 

13 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

LOL no can take this reply seriously. 

You guys are ignorant. He had 3 sacks last year, 32 in 6 years. For a first over all Pick in the draft, averaging 5 sacks a year is bust. His best year was 9.5 sacks. This is how you end up with bunch of underachievers.

birdz4i, ki46dinah, papachaz and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

dude is a bigger bust than Vic Beasley. Cant stay healthy. The Falcons should have pulled the trigger on Mack or Dee Ford or Frank Clarke. Let some one over pay him. 

LMAO !! Screaming lol 

Osiruz likes this

1 hour ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

He said he wants to be on a CONTENDER :ninja:

Watt beside you, sometimes. And Watson and hop on the other, how much better can you get

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

You guys are ignorant. He had 3 sacks last year, 32 in 6 years. For a first over all Pick in the draft, averaging 5 sacks a year is bust. His best year was 9.5 sacks. This is how you end up with bunch of underachievers.

He is a 3 down DE who was playing hurt all year this year, and was hurt his second season. Has 71 TFL's vs compared with Beasley's 36 total TFL and just played well in the playoffs (3TFL, 3 Hits, 1.5 sacks) which is something Vic could not do if he was reincarnated 10 times.

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

Yep, the highest bidder who he can justify as a contender.

now that we have all said that, watch him to to NE for $9M a season or something lol.

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Clowney is one of the very best DEs in all of football. There is more to a DE than sack numbers and Vic is the poster boy of that fact. 

What’s this rubbish you speak of?? The ONLY measure for a DE is sacks...screw run defense, pressures, etc. :ninja:

Osiruz and MoFalconsFan56 like this

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

dude is a bigger bust than Vic Beasley. Cant stay healthy. The Falcons should have pulled the trigger on Mack or Dee Ford or Frank Clarke. Let some one over pay him. 

I would not compare the two, if I were you.

Clowney has genuine generational type talent, and loves the game of football. There are many more reasons why the two should not be inserted into the same sentence, but those two reasons right there make for a good start.

Osiruz likes this

4 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Scheme. We are not running a traditional 3-4.  Grady is not a 3-4 NT.