OC’s Being Considered - Scangarello Fired

FalconsIn2012

I actually think he will be a very good OC.  Once they inserted Lock they won 4 of 5 so it’s a surprise firing.  He was perhaps not quite ready...but nobody was dominating with that offense.

Anyways, here are the list of OC’s rumored to Denver.  Meanwhile we are stuck with Dirk Diggler

“At this time, it looks like Pat Shurmur is the leader in the clubhouse for Broncos OC. Other names include LSU's Joe Brady, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike McDaniel, Jason Garrett, Kubiak’s & Jim Caldwell.”

It makes no sense to hire a new OC with this current regime in place. Let them ride and most likely die with DK. Then Quinn and TD will likely be fired after an 8-8 or worse season next year. 

Then we can hire an offensive mind like Eric Bieniemy and put up massive points on the teams like we should be doing now. It may be a blessing in disguise that we waited a year and other bad teams were to dumb wait to scoop him from Andy Reid. 

Edited by tech21_86

3 hours ago, tech21_86 said:

It makes no sense to hire a new OC with this current regime in place. Let them ride and most likely die with DK. Then Quinn and TD will likely be fired after an 8-8 or worse season next year. 

Then we can hire an offensive mind like Eric Bieniemy and put up massive points on the teams like we should be doing now. It may be a blessing in disguise that we waited a year and other bad teams were to dumb wait to scoop him from Andy Reid. 

Too bad they weren't too dumb to wait for Kyle. Kyle was probably distracted by the excitement super bowl week 

4 hours ago, tech21_86 said:

Well, all I can say is that most people on these boards wanted Shanny's head on a plate after his first season.  

IF ( and that is a big IF), DK can incorporate some short passing routes AND develop a creative rush offense, AND get the right OL coach, along with the right OL personnel, he might be able to produce a potent offense.  

21 hours ago, etherdome said:

Well, all I can say is that most people on these boards wanted Shanny's head on a plate after his first season.  

IF ( and that is a big IF), DK can incorporate some short passing routes AND develop a creative rush offense, AND get the right OL coach, along with the right OL personnel, he might be able to produce a potent offense.  

"He (Koetter) might be able to produce a potent offense".  

Yeah, but "mights" come on chickens!  LOL!  I can't really see DK EVER having an above average offense --- at least, not here in the ATL.  But as a fanatical Falcons fan, I'm hoping he proves me wrong next season!!!