Osiruz

2012 there go stefanski

14 posts in this topic

That's a good hire for the browns. They need an identity for that offense.

I wonder what happens with the Kubiaks (Gary and Klint) and Rick Dennison. I'd take any of them on this offensive staff. 

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@FalconsIn2012’s man-crush. :lol: I knew after they fired Dorsey the decks were clear.

On a slightly more serious note I’m still not sure about him as a HC but this might wind up being a perfect scheme for Baker.  That wide zone scheme is so QB friendly in the way it creates such defined reads it’s almost like magic. 
 


And curious to know the deal with McDaniels. Not even 48 hours ago it was looking like a sure-thing. Did he get fall back on his own or did they say no thank you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

@FalconsIn2012’s man-crush. :lol: I knew after they fired Dorsey the decks were clear.

On a slightly more serious note I’m still not sure about him as a HC but this might wind up being a perfect scheme for Baker.  That wide zone scheme is so QB friendly in the way it creates such defined reads it’s almost like magic. 
 


And curious to know the deal with McDaniels. Not even 48 hours ago it was looking like a sure-thing. Did he get fall back on his own or did they say no thank you?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FentayeJones said:

 

Yep. Sounds about right. Can’t imagine why he thinks anyone would sign off in that — even the Browns — after the way he set fire to the Broncos.

I heard a month or so ago it fell through with Indy because he wanted his own video analytic department and control over the strength and conditioning personnel which seemed reasonable.

At least he didn’t accept the job this time and hire a staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Yep. Sounds about right. Can’t imagine why he thinks anyone would sign off in that — even the Browns — after the way he set fire to the Broncos.

I heard a month or so ago it fell through with Indy because he wanted his own video analytic department and control over the strength and conditioning personnel which seemed reasonable.

At least he didn’t accept the job this time and hire a staff.

Yeah from what I heard, they liked McDaniels as a coach but was not impressed with him as a personnel man. Whats interesting is that they liked Salah more than McDaniels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FentayeJones said:

Yeah from what I heard, they liked McDaniels as a coach but was not impressed with him as a personnel man. Whats interesting is that they liked Salah more than McDaniels.

Now that is interesting. I really like Saleh myself but I’d figure the Browns would have much preferred McDaniels in that spot.

McDaniels might be more toxic than I thought.

Francis York Morgan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a very smart hire by the Browns.  He is a far better fit than Kitchens.  He is a WCO coach who has served under several different philosophies of the WCO.   Baker is far more suited to that than the a Koetter/Arians deep vertical scheme.  Easier reads for Baker.

Stefanski will also know how to incorporate Njoku who has been ignored in the Arians system that isn’t TE friendly...just look at OJ Howard’s minimal production under Arians.  
 

He will also know how to integrate Beckham & Landry just as he did Thielen & Diggs

I think they make the playoffs next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

 

Who is going to give him that much authority after he ruined the Broncos in just 18 months.  Took a top 3 offense and threw it into the dumpster.  Then traded a lot to move up for Tebow.  Dude is delusional

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I just don't understand the love affair with this guy!! The Vikings offense was garbage whenever I watched them play.

They averaged 26 ppg on the season with Cousins at QB.  He is an incredibly clever offensive coach.  Very much like Shannahan in his personnel groupings and use of hard PA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

They averaged 26 ppg on the season with Cousins at QB.  He is an incredibly clever offensive coach.  Very much like Shannahan in his personnel groupings and use of hard PA

Whenever I watched the Vikings play I saw an offense that was very average. Doesn't mean they didn't have some good games but they were never good when I watched them play. Even when they won like in week 1 against the Vikings their offense wasn't impressive. They gained only 269 yards of offense that day against the Falcons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

@FalconsIn2012’s man-crush. :lol: I knew after they fired Dorsey the decks were clear.

On a slightly more serious note I’m still not sure about him as a HC but this might wind up being a perfect scheme for Baker.  That wide zone scheme is so QB friendly in the way it creates such defined reads it’s almost like magic. 
 


And curious to know the deal with McDaniels. Not even 48 hours ago it was looking like a sure-thing. Did he get fall back on his own or did they say no thank you?

Seems like a really good hire. The ZBS is the future. Problem is very few coaches could run it well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now