Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaGaBoy

San Francisco Falcons

4 hours ago, NaGaBoy said:

We have the players and coaches to get it done.  And,  we are not getting it done.  Just do it.

If we had the players and the coaches to get it done, we would be getting it done.

Your premise is seriously flawed. 

It's the little things. That's what sark never could teach. Kyle is one of those coaches who would rather you master 10plays, than run 20 plays good. He was about the littlest details. I noticed that, the first time I watched him coach. I didn't like him, but at that point, I realized I misjudged him. We were morons for not keeping Lefluer. DQ didn't want to be out shined I guess or egos didn't match. Good OCs are always very head strong.

Edited by THEHEADCOACH

1 hour ago, NCFalconfan said:

Person is the one that raises my eyebrows. He was hands down the worst Falcons player I'd seen in a long time while he was here. I think it speaks volumes about our position coaches in some areas...

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Yeah, he was bad. I remember a lot of folks thinking he could be okay as a guard, he just sucked at snapping the ball tremendously!

That’s the issue we played him at C when ideally he should have been playing G. I don’t blame us for letting him walk we had the opportunity to grab Mack which was a clear upgrade.

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

4.0 per carry is pretty average. If not slightly below average

Still good. That pretty much means everytime you run the ball , you're getting 4 yards. Two 4 yards runs is 3rd and 2. 

Just now, caponine said:

Still good. That pretty much means everytime you run the ball , you're getting 4 yards. Two 4 yards runs is 3rd and 2. 

Brian Hill averaged 4.1

1 minute ago, caponine said:

Him in the pass game would have helped this offense so much 

So you want him as another passing  target? He would have been another wasted target. Free is a far better route runner and pass catcher ,but yet he didn't get used a whole lot. Dirk just doesn't have a clue. Free is still a good player, more than people think, but his injuries and this offense hinders him too. Coleman would have just been wasted here. He is in the best place for him. Kyle knows how to use him and play to his strengths. Free and Cole would be better off out there..

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I’m rooting for them. 

I have been silently rooting for them all year except the game we played against them.  I know it’s because of Nito, but it has still shocked me that I could or would root for them.  I have felt rather like a cheater.  
Love and grief are more powerful than rivalry.   Who would have dreamed?

1 minute ago, Tandy said:

I have been silently rooting for them all year except the game we played against them.  I know it’s because of Nito, but it has still shocked me that I could or would root for them.  I have felt rather like a cheater.  
Love and grief are more powerful than rivalry.   Who would have dreamed?

I’m rooting for them. Love is more powerful than anything. Something I’m still learning

Toilolo is essentially another offensive tackle. He may not be a great pass catcher, but when the edge rush is destroying your QB, put him and to get a nice chip on the edge rushers while the tackle finishes up the block. I think it's difficult to roster a blocking TE these days when most offenses need at least 5 fresh bodies at WR and a receiving TE.

Edited by ThemDarnFalconsBoy!

5 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

If you cant beat them, join them! Right??!!

F.NFC!! 

IM ALL IN WITH TITANS!! real underdogs 

Derek Henry - truly a beast.   I am all in on them during the playoffs.   They are going to have a heck of a challenge next week

They better plan on Henry having another 180 yard day. 

8 hours ago, NaGaBoy said:

I hope the Atlanta Falcons watched the San Francisco Falcons win a playoff game yesterday.  Tevin Coleman, Levine Toilolo, Mike Person, and Ben Garland participated.  While Coleman was a valued Falcon, I view Toilolo, Person, and Garland as cast offs.  More specifically, Person and Garland under-performed with the Falcons.  I do not recall one of these players highlighted for poor execution in yesterdays game..

I am a big fan and do not want to bash my team.  However, we need to reflect on what the 49rs have done with three of these players while the Falcons seem to have more talent on an offensive line that continues to struggle.  Unlike some on here, I do not want to see staff turnover.  What I want is serious self reflection, detailed analysis, and improved coaching and player execution.

We have the players and coaches to get it done.  And,  we are not getting it done.  Just do it.

Everything you said is accurate.  I’ve been very vocal about my frustrations w this staff and my fear that there is no motivation above mediocrity here, however, I would love more than anything for this staff to humble themselves, recognize they are world famous for their ability to do “LESS WITH MORE” and take the necessary steps of seeking knowledge from those who’ve proven to be effective NFL leaders, adapting their schemes to the talent we plan to retain and ensuring that any talent they added fits within said philosophy/scheme.  I’m not overly hopeful as I blv the sample size for this crew speaks for itself but I welcome them to prove me and many others wrong.  Great points you made!!

9 hours ago, NaGaBoy said:

I hope the Atlanta Falcons watched the San Francisco Falcons win a playoff game yesterday.  Tevin Coleman, Levine Toilolo, Mike Person, and Ben Garland participated.  While Coleman was a valued Falcon, I view Toilolo, Person, and Garland as cast offs.  More specifically, Person and Garland under-performed with the Falcons.  I do not recall one of these players highlighted for poor execution in yesterdays game..

I am a big fan and do not want to bash my team.  However, we need to reflect on what the 49rs have done with three of these players while the Falcons seem to have more talent on an offensive line that continues to struggle.  Unlike some on here, I do not want to see staff turnover.  What I want is serious self reflection, detailed analysis, and improved coaching and player execution.

What you said has me thinking. Who was the last player the Falcons signed from another team that actually surprised everyone? Seriously, I'm drawing a blank here.

10 hours ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Scheme is the only reason Garland and Person are relevant. Relax

Yeah, scheme. Like a team that actually RUNS the football and goes to the NFCCG. Unlike our sit at home in January, 2/1 pass/run ratio BS.

There was nothing wrong at all with Garland's run blocking. He was kind of a mauler and played to the echo of the whistle. He was tenacious. I'm glad he found a team that appreciates that.

Sorry, I'm just a little testy right now that our ex OC and ex QB coach (who was too "inexperienced" to keep as OC) are facing off in the NFCCG and we're stuck with "7 step drop Dirk".

Gross mismanagement top to bottom.