Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaGaBoy

San Francisco Falcons

I hope the Atlanta Falcons watched the San Francisco Falcons win a playoff game yesterday.  Tevin Coleman, Levine Toilolo, Mike Person, and Ben Garland participated.  While Coleman was a valued Falcon, I view Toilolo, Person, and Garland as cast offs.  More specifically, Person and Garland under-performed with the Falcons.  I do not recall one of these players highlighted for poor execution in yesterdays game..

I am a big fan and do not want to bash my team.  However, we need to reflect on what the 49rs have done with three of these players while the Falcons seem to have more talent on an offensive line that continues to struggle.  Unlike some on here, I do not want to see staff turnover.  What I want is serious self reflection, detailed analysis, and improved coaching and player execution.

We have the players and coaches to get it done.  And,  we are not getting it done.  Just do it.

1 minute ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Scheme is the only reason Garland and Person are relevant. Relax

Maybe my reading comprehension skills are lacking but didn’t OP say this but in more words? 

I took away that our coaches need to get their stuff together because our castaways are now going to an NFC championship, but yet we have “better” talent and will be watching from home. 

They have an identity and a vision, and Shanny is meticulous in his execution of that. He has coaches who assist in that. That's why it works.

We certainly have the talent on offense. Yet, the defense is less talented but I'm more confident in them having an identity and being a cohesive unit next year. So much of football is everyone being on the same page...we didn't have that at all the first half of the year. Even in the second half, our offensive identity was moreso having our best players bail us out.

Those offensive linemen suck at pass blocking so they run the ball. Sell out to stop the run and make them hold their blocks. That’s how you will beat them. 

Edited by NWFALCON

This argument is relative. There are so many variables that go into evaluating a players performance. Matchup, coaching, scheme, game plan, effort, etc.

Sure the 49’ers beat the Vikings yesterday. A few weeks ago we beat the 49’ers. It doesn’t say or mean anything about the decision to let Person, Garland, Toilolo go in free agency.

Garland at C impressed the **** out of me yesterday.They handled 2 brutes the Vikings have inside and ran the ball at will on them.

He gets off the ball so quick.

There interior is very connected especially against that Vikings reknown A gap pressure.

Saw one play where it was 3rd and 12 and the mentioned interior handled it with ease.He’s impressed me alot.Consistent does his job much like Mike Person at G just does his job.

Garland played both ways here,but if you were a true outside zone team and you needed a C Garland looks all the way he can handle that position.

Anyone that sees Toilolo as a castoff is being silly. 

Dude was a MAJOR part of what made our ground game work under Shanny. Freeman should give him half the money he made on his contract extension. Dude is a phenominal blocker and practically gives you a 6th OL.

Edited by RubberDucky

12 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Dude was a MAJOR part of what made our ground game work under Shanny. Freeman should give him half the money he made on his contract extension. Dude is a phenominal blocker and practically gives you a 6th OL.

Well he even played OL for us when we had a ton of injuries on OL in one game.

12 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

Person is the one that raises my eyebrows. He was hands down the worst Falcons player I'd seen in a long time while he was here. I think it speaks volumes about our position coaches in some areas...

Yeah, he was bad. I remember a lot of folks thinking he could be okay as a guard, he just sucked at snapping the ball tremendously!

37 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

And Schraeder

44 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Isn’t he still a castoff though since he was discarded by the Falcons...and the Lions?

52 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Castoff does not mean not good.  Toilolo was not a cap casualty.  He was castoff because the Falcons thought they could do better.