6 foot 3, 248 pounds and still....

ryanadonis

Derrick Henry is a big Tevin Coleman when running. Tevin is a better receiver but they have similar running styles. We've seen what that looks like behind our shabby blocking. 

As mentioned by several others, the o line needs to open holes for runners like them. Or any RB for that matter. But especially one cut runners. Put a top 5 o line in front of any starting RB and they'll look like Emmitt Smith. It's just more fun when they are huge and DBs want no part of them.

Yes, I still watch Michael Tuner highlights.

18 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

A lesser version of Henry is ollison. Just a big guy. You guys hop on so many band wagons.....Henry was straight garbage his whole career until their line started dominating.

Completely different players in terms of explosiveness and agility. Both big boys is closest comp and straight line speed.

henry has never been garbage.https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3043078/derrick-henry

his first two years he did well in a rotation with Murray for one. He had a great year last year and mvp type year this year. 
his rookie year far exceeded what Ollie did or showed he could do.

come on, man

11 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

OK so Ollison is a poor man’s Derrick Henry. 

But the Falcons do not have the OL to run 30+ times a game. 

hes not

17 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Nobody gave a flying **** about Henry until a few weeks ago. Did you know he's been in the league 4 years now? I've never ever heard him mentioned in this board until the past few weeks.

doesnt mean he hasn’t been a good nfl player since day one. I follow the league unlike many 

17 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

And yet Henry is playing like this vs the Patriots away and Ravens away.  How many of our stud rbs could do that ever?

How many times have we had a defense that could hold those teams to 12.5 points so we could give 30+ carries to our RBs?

I think you are mitigating how well the rest of the team is playing. As proven by Derrick Henry himself, he's not very productive when the rest of his team is trash.

It stands to reason that most starting RBs in the league would have great, albeit not necessarily record breaking, numbers in the same situation.

It’s a combination of many things. Henry has a great support staff, but RBs arent just plug and play w no drop off either. I have no doubt TEN wouldn’t be having similar success if Henry went down. Just as Henry wouldn’t have the success in different scenarios.

DAL thought they could just throw anyone behind their OL without drop off from Zeke and we have seen that to be false every time he went down. 

On 1/11/2020 at 11:34 PM, Ovie_Lover said:

Where are the other Derrick Henry's? Last I checked there's only one.

I honestly wanted him in the draft. He should’ve been a top 10 pick, I’m serious and not even in hindsight I knew he would eventually be the best back in the league and I feel that he’ll be the next 2,000 rusher.

• 2 weeks later...

The Titans used 3 out of 4 of their 1st rd picks from 2013 - 2016 on OL, including current starters Taylor Lewan and Jack Conklin. Out of those 3, only Chance Warmack is not with the team, but after the Titans declined his 5th year option, he went on to win the SB with the Eagles and is currently a FA. Easy to see the rise in the running game for Tennessee and the OL play.

Not giving all the credit to OL, but Henry has had some of the biggest holes to run through and get downhill.