ATLSlobberKnockers

What does DK need to suceed?

57 posts in this topic

Ok so Koetter is here for next year. With that said what does the f.o. Do to make the offense successful? Other than retain Hooper,Mack, upgrade LG, and possibly add a rookie rb I really don't know.

But honestly, a complete OL. It's close. Matthews, Mack, Lindstrom, McGary are 4 out of 5. If they can get a true, NFL ready LG, you've got a complete OL. The other part is the defense. Koetter called games a certain way because he was down 17-0 before anything happened. After the bye, with the better defense, you saw a better run game and more balance and consistency. 

Fix the OL, build a defense, go to the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, vel said:

But honestly, a complete OL. It's close. Matthews, Mack, Lindstrom, McGary are 4 out of 5. If they can get a true, NFL ready LG, you've got a complete OL. The other part is the defense. Koetter called games a certain way because he was down 17-0 before anything happened. After the bye, with the better defense, you saw a better run game and more balance and consistency. 

They are capable of going to the super bowl.

Just now, vel said:

Yup.

Biggest thing is for the line to improve....it is not far off ...the line between a 5 yard run and a 1 yard run is often 1 assignment.

The second half of the season...especially when Lindstrom came back...you saw that 1 assignment being effective more than it was earlier.

If Lindstrom and McGary can take that next step up and build on the things that they did well and improve on the things that they did not then that is going to go a long long way in getting things on track.

Schwarzwald and JDaveG like this

10 minutes ago, vel said:

Glasgow is who I hope we have starting at LG next year

Schwarzwald likes this

Just now, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Glasgow is who I hope we have starting at LG next year

Spain is a Fa too but will probably command some serious dough. 

50 minutes ago, vel said:

Agreed about the OL but I'm still not sure about McGary. But haven't we been trying to fix/build this OL for sometimes now? 

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Ok so Koetter is here for next year. With that said what does the f.o. Do to make the offense successful? Other than retain Hooper,Mack, upgrade LG, and possibly add a rookie rb I really don't know.

You hit the nail right on the head. This team can run any offense outside of a QB running all day.

Schwarzwald likes this

7 minutes ago, Jesus said:

A plan. Figure out what the offensive identity happens to be. It's a running team then work on that.

If it's a running team, I don't know what the flying **** we're doing with all that money tied up in Ryan (which I'm fine with overall) and Julio, on top of Ridley in the 1st and a likely 10+ mil contract to Hooper.

I bet that's where half the identity crisis is coming from. You say you want a team that runs the ball well but you bring in DK and extend Julio for the biggest contract for a WR in league history when he has two years left on his contract? Nah, that's not confusing at all chief. Makes plenty of sense. You want a tenacious, fast, physical defense...but you don't bring back guys like Brian Poole who are RFAs you could sign for cheap and you give Vic 13 mil? Yeah, that totally tracks. The only thing they really followed up on was with the OL...to an almost hilarious degree.

The whole offseason was confusing. I'm not surprised the team had no identity.

PS: Gonna get a bunch of gomers (yes, gomers, not homers) jumping on me about Julio. He's a fantastic player and I love the guy. But teams don't win SuperBowls like this. Sue me.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

8 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

If it's a running team, I don't know what the flying **** we're doing with all that money tied up in Ryan (which I'm fine with overall) and Julio, on top of Ridley in the 1st and a likely 10+ mil contract to Hooper.

I bet that's where half the identity crisis is coming from. You say you want a team that runs the ball well but you bring in DK and extend Julio for the biggest contract for a WR in league history when he has two years left on his contract? Nah, that's not confusing at all chief. Makes plenty of sense. You want a tenacious, fast, physical defense...but you don't bring back guys like Brian Poole who are RFAs you could sign for cheap and you give Vic 13 mil? Yeah, that totally tracks. The only thing they really followed up on was with the OL...to an almost hilarious degree.

The whole offseason was confusing. I'm not surprised the team had no identity.

PS: Gonna get a bunch of gomers (yes, gomers, not homers) jumping on me about Julio. He's a fantastic player and I love the guy. But teams don't win SuperBowls like this. Sue me.

Running doesn't mean you run all the time. You need to be effective running the ball. Running well means Julio, matt, Ridley, et al are even more effective.

4dabirds likes this