⚡Slumerican⚡

Garoppolo vs Ryan

Garoppolo or Ryan   110 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have?

• Garoppolo
    • Ryan

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

90 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Just saying, keep the better player and hold the GM accountable for putting the team in a bad situation.. TD isnt expected to be perfect, but hes made some questionable moves the past few years.. And this "Falcons for life" stuff needs to end.. This is a professional football team, not a car wash where you can hire all your cusions and such like some happy family 

Falcon for life is the owner.

The issue with the GM is the structure they use now he’s basically a facilitator of what the HC wants and runs the draft and does contracts.

What your not happy with thee extensions to Ice and Julio and the extensions of Debo & Jarrett.Thats a fair portion of where the caps gone.

6 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Can you believe what Tannehill is doing since he left Miami and joined the Titans.. I dont think anyone saw this coming.. Guy has the best qbr in the NFL right now.. 

How do you figure that.

All he’s doing is handing the ball off and in a good situation in a team which has momentum.

The same was being said about Lamar Jackson a week ago.Running QBs were da future now he’s on the couch with the tissues.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

34 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Falcon for life is the owner.

The issue with the GM is the structure they use now he’s basically a facilitator of what the HC wants and runs the draft and does contracts.

What your not happy with thee extensions to Ice and Julio and the extensions of Debo & Jarrett.Thats a fair portion of where the caps gone.

No, im willing to deal with those contracts mentioned.. Although I believe Ryans was excessive.. But the Freeman contract was ridiculous and the Brown and Carpenter contracts were horrible 

34 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

How do you figure that.

All he’s doing is handing the ball off and in a good situation in a team which has momentum.

The same was being said about Lamar Jackson a week ago.Running QBs were da future now he’s on the couch with the tissues.

Either way, Tannehill was a bust and a nobody in Miami.. Now put in the right situation with the right coaching and hes shined up like a old pair of boots 

Vandy and Drew4719 like this

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

No, im willing to deal with those contracts mentioned.. Although I believe Ryans was excessive.. But the Freeman contract was ridiculous and the Brown and Carpenter contracts were horrible 

Ryan’s is what it is compared to what Garoppolo and Cousins got I think it’s a bargain.

Looking back Frees wasn’t ideal and Brown/Carpenter look straight trash right now.

I actually don’t think the deals are trash just the players who got them were questionable.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Either way, Tannehill was a bust and a nobody in Miami.. Now put in the right situation with the right coaching and hes shined up like a old pair of boots 

Funny what a situation and coaching does. I feel Ryan’s been duped in that area.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

49 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Ryan in the same offense, was so much better. Ryan is still better without it. It's not even a worthy question. Ryan would have won his second MVP in that offense,with as long as he would have been in it by now, Ryan would probably be crushing NFL records. He would me a master of it.

To be fair, the 49ers don’t have anywhere near the talent we had on offense.  Put Julio next to Kittles and Deebo Samuels and 2016 Free/Teco you’d see a much better pass game by Jimmy G.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

8 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Just saying, keep the better player and hold the GM accountable for putting the team in a bad situation.. TD isnt expected to be perfect, but hes made some questionable moves the past few years.. And this "Falcons for life" stuff needs to end.. This is a professional football team, not a car wash where you can hire all your cusions and such like some happy family 

Agree on TD, my pushback was on your comment about the “philosophy of this fan base”. 

Matt Ryan in his prime.  But he’s not in his prime anymore.  Arm strength is starting to take a dip.  

11/19 131 Yards 1 TD and 1 Int.

When did the Falcons ever blown out their opponent with Ryan posting that kind of stats line?  When that many people disagree with you then maybe you should think WTF am I thinking.  It's a joke to compare Garoppolo to Ryan.

43 minutes ago, Gonobeast said:

Matt Ryan in his prime.  But he’s not in his prime anymore.  Arm strength is starting to take a dip.  

LIES

Falcons rode Ryan to a SB...G riding the 49ers defense,..see the difference?

this 49ers team would be unbeatable w Ryan, and KS would make that trade in a minute if he were ever so lucky.

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

How do you figure that.

You have to give Tannehill credit for the turnaround this year.  They were 2-4 before he assumed the starting spot.  His numbers are MVP worthy over that stretch:

QB Rate: 117.  #1 in NFL

Pass YPG: 230 ypg

Completion:  70%

YPA:  9.6   #1 in NFL

AYA:  10.6  #1 in NFL

YPC: 13.6  #1 in NFL

TD/INT:  22-6

Those numbers are very similar to Matt Ryan in 2016.  Just not as many attempts per game.  But his YPA, AYA & YPC are historically good.  10.6 AYA is unheard of

Drew4719 and ⚡Slumerican⚡ like this

10 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Falcons rode Ryan to a SB...G riding the 49ers defense,..see the difference.

this 49ers team would be unbeatable w Ryan, and KS would make that trade in a minute if he were ever so lucky.

I think you overestimate the pass catchers in SF.  Kittles is great...Deebo is like Sanu.  But that’s it.  There is a reason SF runs 55% of the time

The funny thing here is that this OP clearly believes that QB’s are the determining factor of wins and losses. And in the “Garropolo vs Ryan” game this season...didn’t Ryan win? 

OP, we get it. You don’t like Matt. But the arguments you present never make sense 

33 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think you overestimate the pass catchers in SF.  Kittles is great...Deebo is like Sanu.  But that’s it.  There is a reason SF runs 55% of the time

All I have heard is how E Sanders is legit WR1...we can’t ignore that now. Sure he is no Julio, but they surely don’t have nearly the worst WR group in the league.

doesnt change that Ryan would make that offense significantly better. If you want to promote Tannehill or G as good or better than Ryan that’s your right though.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 hour ago, coastiemike said:

Currently 77-3 in favor of Ryan.  Time to move on to your next agenda item.

Still time to turn it around my man ;)

The saddest thing about this weekend was watching the 49ers, Vikings and Titans offenses. All of them run a version of the Shanahan/Kubiak ZBS and all 3 of them are committed to running the football with play action off of it. I still think Matthews, Lindstrom, Mack and McGary fit the ZBS better than our current scheme. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

36 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

All I have heard is how E Sanders is legit WR1...we can’t ignore that now. Sure he is no Julio, but they surely don’t have nearly the worst WR group in the league.

doesnt change that Ryan would make that offense significantly better. If you want to promote Tannehill or G as good or better than Ryan that’s your right though.

Nobody has ever said E Sanders is elite...lol.  Especially not at 33 years old.  

And I’ve never said I like either Tannehill or Jimmy G over Ryan.  Just being objective 

VTCrunkler likes this

34 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Heading into the season, here wee the WR unit rankings:

2019’s top five six wide receiver groups

1. Atlanta Falcons

Primary wide receiversJulio JonesCalvin RidleyMohamed SanuJustin Hardy

There’s a tremendous amount of talent doled out in complementary shapes in Atlanta. Jones and a cast of department store mannequins would still be a force, but adding touchdown machine Ridley(10 touchdowns in 64 catches as a rookie) and a do-everything veteran (including throwing the ball) in Sanu makes the Falcons’ passing game a nightmare to stop.

With these three guys in tow, Matt Ryan had the second-best season of his career in 2018 — which is pretty good considering No. 1 on that list won him an MVP award.

2019’s bottom five wide receiver groups

28. San Francisco 49ers

Primary wide receiversMarquise GoodwinDante Pettis, Richie James, Kendrick Bourne

Jimmy Garoppolo’s comeback season will rely on a shaky offensive line and one of the least recognizable receiving corps in football. Goodwin’s per-game receiving output dropped by 40 percent last season as he dealt with injuries and three different starting QBs. That raises an important question as to whether his breakout 2017 was the start of something big or just an outlier. 2018 second-round pick Dante Pettis is capable of big-play magic, but he was also hampered by a lost season.

If that duo can live up to expectations and help Garoppolo bounce back, 28 will be entirely too low a place for the Niners’ wideouts. Given last year’s production and lacking overall resume, it’s just right to start 2019.