I think if they would give the big kid (Ollison ) the rock more we would see he can carry the load. We have some mauling  offensive linemen that could pound an over agresive defensive line and wear them down. We need to go back to being two dimensional on Offense. Go back and watch Ollison  highlights  from his Pitt days against ranked teams. He can break for big gains. We just have to figure out a way ditch Freeman !

19 minutes ago, jgentry162 said:

I may be wrong, didn't  Freeman have a fumble problem coming out of college? 

Ollison has had it in the preseason and I’m assuming in practice as well. It looks like he’s slowly gaining their trust tho. Despite having 22 carries and 1 fumble in the regular season. 

39 minutes ago, jgentry162 said:

I may be wrong, didn't  Freeman have a fumble problem coming out of college? 

I read over 5 scouting reports and never seen it mentioned once. Nothing on stats either, but I can’t seem to find that deep of college stats.

so I will say, no he didn’t have a fumbling problem in college!

but if you don’t know you shouldn’t accuse him of it until someone else proves it wrong. Way too much of that BS around here. 

21 hours ago, jgentry162 said:

I think if they would give the big kid (Ollison ) the rock more we would see he can carry the load. We have some mauling  offensive linemen that could pound an over agresive defensive line and wear them down. We need to go back to being two dimensional on Offense. Go back and watch Ollison  highlights  from his Pitt days against ranked teams. He can break for big gains. We just have to figure out a way ditch Freeman !

There's a reason there seems to only be 1 Derrick Henry in this league. He's been dominant his whole life. He's special. He isn't special just because he's big. No tall big backs are Derrick Henry. In fact, none seem to be. 

1 hour ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

There's a reason there seems to only be 1 Derrick Henry in this league. He's been dominant his whole life. He's special. He isn't special just because he's big. No tall big backs are Derrick Henry. In fact, none seem to be. 

There were plenty of backs to do this before Henry, and there will be others after him. Gurley was this years Henry just a couple seasons ago.

Henry hasn’t been “dominant” in the NFL until this season, he does remind me of a prime Steven Jackson right now though, and that’s high praise!

1 hour ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Henry has been absolute crap his first three years in the league. How was he dominating?

2 hours ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Being greatly aided by a very good run blocking offensive line and stout defense.

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

But he can’t catch like either of them! Man if he ended up as good as one of those two...give him the rock!

Yeah not saying he ends up as good as those two and but he runs with a similar style - not to be confused with a bruising style of other 230+lbs running backs (Jerome Bettis, LaGarrett Blount etc). Both those guys (Bell and Foster) were in many ways products of the systems they were in and I think in the right system Olisson could be a productive starter.