Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lowndesfalc

ESPN’s McClure says Falcons let Beasly, Hooper, Campbell walk

10 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Letting Hooper walk would be a HUGE mistake. The last time we had a TE we drafted turn out good was Crumpler. Every offense needs a good pass catching TE. He has has a sky is the limit potential.

I disagree.  They need to let him walk. We've spent a lot on the offense already.  He's not worth $10 mil.  Good player, but not great.  $10 mil. for a him is too much.

8 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I would have rather not given Julio a new deal and let him do as he wished. Then resigned Hooper. Draft and sign new players.  We would have got a lot more benefit for that. 

Disagree. JJ takes so much attention off of the other players, and Hooper was one that benefitted big time.

8 hours ago, atljbo said:

I like Campbell but I think he is replaceable.... It depends on the price tag.. I would look at a Jamie Collins

Again.. You are not letting them walk just to let them walk... You are letting them walk to improve the team.... 

If we say .. Hoop will cost us 11 mil a year... We want him back but we want to add some talent and vet leader ship to the D-Line like a Michael Bennett

My point is... You gotta make some tough decisions ... I'd what's next but I do think it's a possibility.

No to Michael Bennett. He is a lying, race baiting fool.  Leadership? SMH

I wonder if there is a correlation to our own personal finances.  Do the fans that want to sign/pay Hooper have higher balances on their credit cards and the fans that think he should be allowed to walk are more fiscally responsible with their own money.  Just thinking

I like Hoop and think we should keep him but it is not the end all be all. All the TE's that have been with Matt Ryan have put up stats. Mularkey retiring and now this announcement that Hoop wont be retained may go hand in hand. Who cares? Just keep drafting linemen and build a stout o-line and focus on building the best running game we can and we will be alright. 

1 hour ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Is stand by 8-12. Around 8 on overall talent. He's probably around 12 on athleticism.  Balances out to around to 8-10. There's more talented TEs that don't have QBs and not putting up #'s.  That's why I said a majority of his success is his QB.  Brady and Bree's has done it for TEs and WRs for years. They're not breaking the bank for them, except the rare ones.  

People can LOL all they want, but I 100% agree he's not a Top 5 type guy talent wise.  He's a good TE that benefits greatly from JJ, Ridley, scheme, and MR.  Not a $10 mil. a year guy.

I think Hoop depends on the cap situation in 2021 and 2022.  If we expect to have significantly more space then, we sign him, because they can backload the contract.  If we're going to be tight in 2021 and 2022, I don't see us doing it.  Ryan and Julio have significant cap hits going into those years too as I recall.

I think Beasley walks unless they sign him to a cheap deal (and honestly, I wouldn't do it even then -- I think there are much better options who don't disrupt the locker room by waiting until the 2nd half of a contract year to do anything at all to help the team).

Campbell depends on the money and whether they think about Foye taking over that spot.  I'm not sold on him in that role (I am sold on him as a solid backup and maybe starting on the weak side).

My preference would be to to prioritize resigning Hoop and also go ahead and lock up Koo as he’s not expensive and proved himself his season. If Campbell is at all reasonable, resign him. If not let him walk. Beasley is the same. I’m sure someone will pay him because of his one magical year but if there are no takers bring him back on a cheap deal as a situational pass rusher. Basically, Beasley and Campbell can go but I’d like to keep Hooper and Koo. 

10 hours ago, atljbo said:

I'll say this then I'll leave it alone.. Ppl can't cry about us no having money to splash in FA but they also want everybody to resign.

It's easy to be a critic when it's someone else making the decision.  I'm pretty sure some of these guys will complain regardless of what route the FO takes.

Best option might be to franchise tag Hooper for 2020 giving us another year of him and possibly a year to mature Graham and/or a drafted TE.  It might be more expensive in the short term but would be less expensive in the long term.

I hope we can resign Campbell.  Campbell was mainly exposed the last 2 seasons when having to pick up assignments that would typically go to Keke.  He was quietly one of our most effective defenders.  He can be upgraded, but considering our other needs, his deficiencies in coverage are very low on our list.

That being said, if his camp is asking for All-Pro $$$, then we should let him walk.

On 1/10/2020 at 9:23 AM, atljbo said:

So you are Pro Bennett.... Check

I think Bennett is a piece of poop... but we should have signed him years ago.  Dude is exactly what we need/needed on the Dline.

I know he has aged, but I would sign him now in a heartbeat.

Edited by SirCzah
("piece of poop"??? that is soooo not me)

5 hours ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

He's definitely not top 5. I'd day more 8-12 range. Matt Ryan, along with their chemistry has more to do with his success, rather than rare god given ability and skills. Like I have said before, we would be able to tell if he were a gronk/kelce/kittle/ertz level talentzand breaking the bank for him wouldn't even be a debate. The fact that we're debating it proves he is not top 5,and definitely not worth a 'market setting' contract. 

If you are deducting a point for Hooper having Ryan and Dirk’s scheme, I hope you’re doing the same for:

• Kittles: Jimmy G & Shanny

• Kelce:  Mahomes & Reid

• Ertz:  Wentz & Pederson

And those 3 are the first option in their respective offense.  Hooper is the third option yet put up same/similar stats on a per game basis

4 minutes ago, SirCzah said:

I think Bennett is a piece of poop... but we should have signed him years ago.  Dude is exactly what we need/needed on the Dline.

We have two of his former coaches on the staff and they haven’t put forth any effort to bring him here. That says something. 

1 minute ago, NWFALCON said:

We have two of his former coaches on the staff and they haven’t put forth any effort to bring him here. That says something. 

#falconsfilter

8 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

I really just want HOOP and koo back.

I get it.... I want hoop back..... Hoop is a **** good TE... I just thought  we would have trouble signing him at 8 mil..... His agent sound like he trying to get the house.... 

Can we pay hoop 11 mIL a year... yes... but bro we can't sit here and cry about not having pieces on the D-Line when your QB, WR, TE, LT,and Center (and I'm not even adding free) are like the tops paid at their position.

Trust me.. I want hoop back .... I wouldn't be surprise if we tagged hoop... you can make his cap hit  doable this year signing him to a long term deal

I can understand if they said it sucks but we can put that money here on defense...

We will see tho.... I think they will try hard as **** to keep him tho

12 minutes ago, SirCzah said:

Still producing and some on here may not like him but the guy has been a leader on his teams.... 

Exactly what we need... a vet who should not cost a lot but he brings versatility (rush at end and Dt) , and vet leadership, and can still produce