FalconsIn2012

This Coach Gets It - Great Hire

68 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I feel like I’ve heard DQ say something similar but alas he hasn’t got it quiet figured out yet.Time will tell.

I don’t know...there is something about Special Teams Coordinators as Head Coach that I love

federicofalcon2 and kiwifalcon like this

9 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I feel like I’ve heard DQ say something similar but alas he hasn’t got it quiet figured out yet.Time will tell.

There may be some small, irrelevant details regarding in-game decisions, coaching hires, personnel decisions, etc., but none of that detracts from his acumen in creating some of the best locker-room slogans of all time.

I'm sure he will be taking that core strength and expanding it to encompass all these other details as yet unresolved any season now. :ninja::lol:

27 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

LOL...

Im sure he will thank Billy B

But honestly, wasn’t the 2019 Falcons campaign an exercise in trying to force  a circle into a square?

Anytime anyone wants to think DQ has the ability that guy talks about, I see this vision of Vic Beasley dropping into coverage...

1 minute ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Anytime anyone wants to think DQ has the ability that guy talks about, I see this vision of Vic Beasley dropping into coverage...

Or hires Koetter & Mularkey to coach a WCO.  That went so bad it forced Mularkey into retirement

27 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

But Vic is good in coverage. And every DE drops into coverage every now and then. Abe used to drop in coverage sometimes. It’s not exclusive to quinn and Beasley. I remember big Vince worfork dropping into coverage and actually getting a pick and almost scoring. 

7 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

But Vic is good in coverage. And every DE drops into coverage every now and then. Abe used to drop in coverage sometimes. It’s not exclusive to quinn and Beasley. I remember big Vince worfork dropping into coverage and actually getting a pick and almost scoring. 

Vic's coverage was ripped to shreds here.

Recognizing what someone does well would have led to Vic being a rotational pass rushing end only, and therefore not worth a $12mm 5th year option pick up.

It also probably wouldn't have led to moving Kazee and whatever else we want to call our defense from the 1st half of the season. On the coaching side.. recognition of what someone does well probably shouldn't have led to our new DC being used as a WR coach.

I just think there are ample opportunities that show DQ making missteps regarding recognizing what someone does well and utilizing them to maximum effectiveness accordingly.

8 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Sad, but true.

10 hours ago, octoslash said:

Has he announced who is going to introduce him at the Hall of Fame induction ceremony next summer?

Exactly how I felt.

I wasn't that impressed.  He sounds like a BB spouter - let's see how he does on his own before we crown him King!

9 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

The Jets HAHAHA , whenever I am down about the Falcons and being a mediocre franchise,  I always take the glass half full approach and realize life's not that bad, I could live in New York and have to follow the Jets. 

How would you like to be @FalconMama   Her second team is the Jets.

Falcons - then Jets.   That has to be hard on the heart!