Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lju713

QBs in the transfer portal.

Posted (edited)

I want Jamie Newman. The former Wake Forest QB.  He had 26 TD pass, 6 rushing adding 500+ on the ground. 6'4 228lbs would look nice here. He could be a 1 yr stop gap until Beck,Mathis,or whoever we sign is ready in 2021. Costello(STAN) and Hunter (Clem) are options too, but I think or atleast hope, Newman is the guy.

Edited by lju713

2 minutes ago, lju713 said:

I want Jamie Newman. The former Wake Forest QB.  He had 26 TD pass, 6 rushing adding 500+ on the ground. 6'4 228lbs would look nice here. He could be a 1 yr stop gap until Beck,Mathis,or whoever we sign is ready in 2021. Costello(STAN) and Hunter (Clem) are options too, but I think or atleast hope, Newman is the guy.

Newman is reportedly talking with UGA. Oregon is his #1 right now.

2 hours ago, lju713 said:

i think newman goes to oregon as unknown said they are his #1 right now.  chase brice will most likely be a dawg.  

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i think newman goes to oregon as unknown said they are his #1 right now.  chase brice will most likely be a dawg.  

Seth Emerson makes some good points in this podcast about Newman and UGA making sense. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/jake-fromm-declares-for-nfl-draft-cade-mays-leaves/id1480590700?i=1000461968858

One of the things he mentioned is if he's favoring Oregon, why hasn't he gone ahead and transferred there? He puts forth the theory that it might be because he was waiting to see what Fromm does and things are actually much closer with him and UGA than some believe. 

Edited by RandomFan

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Seth Emerson makes some good points in this podcast about Newman and UGA making sense. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/jake-fromm-declares-for-nfl-draft-cade-mays-leaves/id1480590700?i=1000461968858

One of the things he mentioned is if he's favoring Oregon, why hasn't he gone ahead and transferred there? He puts forth the theory that it might be because he was waiting to see what Fromm does and things are actually much closer with him and UGA than some believe. 

i hope we are much closer.. newman would be a very nice addition. 

Posted (edited)

Newman was a stud the first half of the season until Wakes season started to flounder. Wouldn't be mad if he chose Oregon as they are on their way up. 

https://itsgame7.com/jamie-newman-transferring-to-georgia-or-miami/

According to that site, it's down to Miami and UGA while Oregon has cooled off for whatever reason. I hate and love recruiting. 

Edited by Prison Mikey

Pretty sure it will either be Chase Brice or Jamie Newman transferring in to UGA.

Newman graduated already and would transfer immediately. He could go through a full cycle of spring, summer and fall with the team. That’s a huge plus. Newman has one year of eligibility remaining. He’s auditioning for the draft.

Brice is a redshirt sophomore now but won’t graduate until May, so he would miss the valuable time in spring and join the team for summer workouts. He would have two years of eligibility remaining. Brice played high school ball at Grayson.

4 hours ago, Carter said:

Pretty sure it will either be Chase Brice or Jamie Newman transferring in to UGA.

Newman graduated already and would transfer immediately. He could go through a full cycle of spring, summer and fall with the team. That’s a huge plus. Newman has one year of eligibility remaining. He’s auditioning for the draft.

Brice is a redshirt sophomore now but won’t graduate until May, so he would miss the valuable time in spring and join the team for summer workouts. He would have two years of eligibility remaining. Brice played high school ball at Grayson.

Give me Newman then. Brice is cool and all but I'd rather have Beck or Brock next year.

I would like a home grown QB recruit or grad transfer from the state of Georgia who is very dynamic and can make plays with his legs too and not just his arm. 

9 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I would like a home grown QB recruit or grad transfer from the state of Georgia who is very dynamic and can make plays with his legs too and not just his arm. 

Then you want Chase Brice.

We are getting Newman..  Our staff was in communication with him before Fromm's official announcement.  It's not a done deal per ugasports, but that is where he is expected to sign.. oregon has backed off btw.. they are looking at other options.. 

3 hours ago, mqg96 said:

I think we get too caught up in wanting home grown talent.  All things being equal, sure, give me the Georgia kid.  But I want the best player for the current circumstance....don’t care if he comes from North Korea quite honestly

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think we get too caught up in wanting home grown talent.  All things being equal, sure, give me the Georgia kid.  But I want the best player for the current circumstance....don’t care if he comes from North Korea quite honestly

IMO, the best case scenario for Georgia. We recruit a new workhorse back who comes out of no where. Similar to Gurley as a freshman in 2012 or Chubb as a freshman in 2014. Who can be a solid starter in front of Zeus & Cook. I think D'wan Mathis starting is our best case scenario if we don’t get a homegrown recruit/JUCO/grad transfer. We definitely don’t want that #13 Bennett guy starting, and I’m not buying that guy from Wake Forest who’s entering the transfer portal. He looked good against ACC competition, but he had 30 something TD’s to 11 interceptions against weak competition. I don’t think we wanna talk about the last time we had an ACC transfer. 

When it comes to kickers, we’re just gonna have to pray that we find a new one. Championship teams have clutch kickers. It’ll be extremely hard to replace Rodrigo Blankenship. He was our best field goal kicker ever. Hopefully the O-line doesn’t have major problems, but recruiting a great RB and having a dynamic QB can make up for a downgraded O-line. I mean the 2017 O-line had a lot of question marks and wasn’t as talented as 2019, but played with more effort and Chubb & Michel were just that good. But again, recruiting a solid RB is extremely critical, that’s Georgia’s biggest identity offensively.

2 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

Costello looks like another Greyson Lambert. I’d rather have somebody with some mobility.

Costello is not good. People need to actually watch Pac 12 football.