Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Defensive Line Coach Rod Marinelli

30 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Think there's almost zero chance we get him since Marinelli could get a DC gig, but if we do, I'd be ecstatic. Throw Callahan in and I'm actually pumped for this team next season and telling anyone who will listen. Imagine...

Yeah I think Marinelli might retire. He's currently 70 and will be 71 in July.

I want Bill Callahan too but I don't see him being an assistant to Morgan. Quinn will be to loyal to fire Morgan or demote him to assistant.

2 minutes ago, Cole World said:

I want Bill Callahan too but I don't see him being an assistant to Morgan. Quinn will be to loyal to fire Morgan or demote him to assistant.

Sad but real most likely

Rings and Cole World like this

There are precious few coaches I’ve ever seen who could literally just lay hands on a unit, no matter what you give him to work with, and churn out a pass rush. Marinelli is one of them.

Looking at the way he stepped aside for Richard I think he would come in to take a DL coach role or even a consultant kinda like Alex Gibbs. No one loves defensive linemen or “Rush Men” as he used to call them like Marinelli but I doubt we get that lucky.

6 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

There are precious few coaches I’ve ever seen who could literally just lay hands on a unit, no matter what you give him to work with, and churn out a pass rush. Marinelli is one of them.

Looking at the way he stepped aside for Richard I think he would come in to take a DL coach role or even a consultant kinda like Alex Gibbs. No one loves defensive linemen or “Rush Men” as he used to call them like Marinelli but I doubt we get that lucky.

4 minutes ago, jidady said:

Marinelli would be a masterstroke if we got him, but the odds of that seem long.

Are the Falcons even giving him any consideration? Should definitely be thinking about him with our situation, but knowing our FO, probably not even on their radar.

2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Think there's almost zero chance we get him since Marinelli could get a DC gig, but if we do, I'd be ecstatic. Throw Callahan in and I'm actually pumped for this team next season and telling anyone who will listen. Imagine...

Yes!!!! My thoughts exactly.

8 hours ago, jidady said:

Marinelli would be a masterstroke if we got him, but the odds of that seem long.

AB could actually make a diff here if he’d open that checkbook and reel him in.  A lot more than having his GM/coach report thru McKay.  

14 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

AB could actually make a diff here if he’d open that checkbook and reel him in.  A lot more than having his GM/coach report thru McKay.  

Exactly . This is the kind of stuff AB SHOULD meddle in

BUBBASBEANS likes this

On 1/8/2020 at 9:38 AM, Cole World said:

He sounds like he still wants to coach.

kiwifalcon likes this

Posted (edited)

This dude is still alive? Come on man, where do you guys come up with these people. A nursing home coaches list? We would need oxygen tanks and walkers all up and down the sidelines, and all other teams would have to do to beat us is yell BINGO. 

Edited by Refried Beans

35 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

This dude is still alive? Come on man, where do you guys come up with these people. A nursing home coaches list? We would need oxygen tanks and walkers all up and down the sidelines, and all other teams would have to do to beat us is yell BINGO. 

True.  Yesterday, somebody was asking for Wade Phillips.  He's like 72...

Refried Beans likes this

Just now, Boise Falcon Fan said:

True.  Yesterday, somebody was asking for Wade Phillips.  He's like 72...

As long as he feels great and still has a sharp football mind, then why not?

Belichick is almost 70.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

Oof. This is really your opinion? It's starting to feel like outright trolling. Marinelli is akin to to Scarnecchia for the Pats. Both old, both turn pisswater into wine.

21 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Exactly . This is the kind of stuff AB SHOULD meddle in

You took those words rt otta my brain man!   Instead we’re screwing arnd w the org chart

6 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Don’t necessarily agree, but this post made me lol.

Francis York Morgan likes this

Does it really matter who comes here THIS YEAR? Its going to be all about WHO IS HERE in 2021...