Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Falcons Fan MVP

Was there any Falcons players that you felt was giving 100 percent during that 1-7 start?

There was tons of speculation that there was some Falcons players that weren't giving it their all during our 1-7 start. Was there any players that you guys felt weren't giving it their all? Did any particular player stick out to you as acting as if their heart wasn't in it during that time? 

I don't think it was a question of not playing hard. The effort was there, fast and furious. but they were running to the wrong place. It truly reminded me of the Keystone Cops!

GO FALCONS!!!!

Posted (edited)

We have an expression in spanish that says "correr como pollos sin cabeza" that translated would be something like "running like chickens without head". The expression means doing things with effort but that make no sense. Thats what the falcons play looked like the first half of the season. The effort was there but with a lot of wtf are you doing moments

Edited by FalconFromSpain

7 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

Yep.  I question the rest of the team but these 3 were giving it their all.  

These are also the three who are regularly cited for being the team leaders. Allen and Free also get that title as well.

3 hours ago, FalconFromSpain said:

We have an expression in spanish that says "correr como pollos sin cabeza" that translated would be something like "running like chickens without head". The expression means doing things with effort but that make no sense. Thats what the falcons play looked like the first half of the season. The effort was there but with a lot of wtf are you doing moments

anyone who has seen a chicken get it's head cut off knows there were games that this description fits the defense perfectly..... 

2 hours ago, Diggable Birds said:

Were- Grady Scheffield

NOT: Vic Takk Kazee The O Line

McGary gets a pass, I don’t think his effort or heart (no pun intended) has ever been questioned.  He had no offseason so he was winded early on.

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

anyone who has seen a chicken get it's head cut off knows there were games that this description fits the defense perfectly..... 

Right on.  I saw it as a youth. 

The Arizona game in particular comes to mind.

Giving 100% effort and playing at  your 100% best are very different things.

€.  Effort: 100%

€.  Playing Up To Potential: 75%

€.  Coaches Putting Players In Position To Succeed - 1st Half:  35%

€.  Coaches Putting Players In Position To Succeed - 2nd  Half:  85%

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, wilco said:

Julio had an awful 1st game. Go re-watch how Minny took him away and Matt was terrible as well.

But do you feel they were not giving their all? Getting taken away, or having a bad game doesn't equate to not giving 100% percent. Just saying.

Edited by A Pimp Named Slickback™

3 hours ago, wilco said:

Julio had an awful 1st game. Go re-watch how Minny took him away and Matt was terrible as well.

I'm going to go ahead and say what some are thinking but haven't said yet. Not relevant to the OP really, but still applies to Julio's bad first game.

Lack of meaningful snaps in PS, I am in the 'wins don't matter' in PS, but we've come out cold and rusty on offense for the last few years for sure because of what I feel is lack of playing time. 

and I'll go ahead and say, I know there will be some say 'Matt and Julio have been playing together for years, they don't need PS snaps' and to that I say, look at the first few games the last few years and get back to me on that