What about moving Debo to OLB

3 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

I vaguely remember hearing/ reading; perhaps on here?, we ran some cover 2 after he joined the unit this year...but I haven’t studied the film. And it would’ve been more a wrinkle if that were true.

We run cover 2 once in a while but it’s not the primary coverage. That would be cover 1and cover 3. But we may see more cover 2 mixed in with morrris cause that’s his thing. He cones from that vaunted Tampa 2. 

Why? What's the motive for moving him to the Will or Sam spot? I think there is a misconception that your Mike needs to be a bigger, run stopping guy that can take on blocks head-on and that sideline to sideline range is more preferable at OLB. In some schemes that might be the case but certainly not all. Given we're in nickel 70% of the time and the responsibilities of your linebackers in sub packages is interchangeable and very much changes play-to-play, I just don't get what the driver is for the position change.

5 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

We need to move Debo to the weight room and have him outside running agility drills. He needs to lay off the hamburgers and get serious about his career. He looked fat and lazy last year. Be great or be gone, There's plenty of GOOD LBs available in the NFL. 

After drink number how many your typing this.

Stop it your making yourself sound foolish.

Just now, Refried Beans said:

The heat being turned up as the Good realize they are may not be great as they have been told.  Quit listening to the hype and produce in 2020. Let's go. 

Use your eyes mate Debo’s far from the problem with regards to what’s going on defensively.If Debo does like you say it’s like cutting Samson’s hair sapping his strength.Let Debo be Debo.

Stop drinking and typing.

Debo way underproduced this year. But in his defense I saw him the first half of the year having to constantly yell at folks to get in the right place. He needs to take that next step in 2020. I was expecting him to be a lot better than what he is right now. Like I said above, I think a lot of these guys are being told how great they are and if 8-8 and 7-9 is anything it shouuld be a realty check. We may have superstars but they didnt show last year on defense outside of Jarrett.  Debo acts like he's a superstar, we going on year 5 and his numbers last year matched his rookie year in terms of tackles. 101 last year, 103 rookie year. Compare that to Bobby Wagner- 159 last year. Debo plays middle of the pack right now, needs to pick it up. Numbers dont lie. 

Edited by Refried Beans