The Pocket Passer Is Dying. Long Live the Mobile Quarterback.

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

$100 he has more than 20tds and 3000 yards barring injury. 

21 QBs did that last year, including Jones, Allen, Minshew, Baker and Fitz who I hope a #1 pick is better than. If Burrow is as great as you guys say 3500yds and 25 TDs should be attainable. That's top 15. Better than average joes in the top 20 I just listed. 

Also I thought yards meant jack ****?

How about we make it whether he takes the Bengals to the playoffs? It's all QB right? $500 Bengals dont make the playoffs.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember hearing about all this with Vick.  Then with Cam.  Then with RGIII.  Then with Kaepernick.  Meanwhile Brady can't make a fist with all those rings.   

For now. Everything is cyclical. Once DCs change philosophies and even players then someone will change QB style again. Just find the best player and things will sort themselves out. 

@mqg96 @Sir Joe™ There are old quarterbacks.  There are mobile quarterbacks. You know what you don’t see?  Old mobile QBs. Those hits add up.  Cam is the latest example, and he was

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

Ok so your point is you have no point. Obviously he hasn't done anything yet as a college prospect. you are just using a play on words to denote he probably will bust. I say your point makes no sense and I will be shocked if he does bust. 

I've never once said he would bust! Quit trying to put words in my mouth.  I said don't crown him yet, he hasn't done ANYTHING in the NFL YET! Big difference.  Your reaching...

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Like I said, that reasoning means Trent Dilfer was better than Dan Marino and anyone with half a brain knows that an asinine statement.

Rodgers when its all said and done will play less seasons than Ryan, so according to you Ryan is better than Rodgers. Its none sense. At least compare apples to apples. 

1 minute ago, Osiruz said:

Rodgers when its all said and done will play less seasons than Ryan, so according to you Ryan is better than Rodgers. Its none sense. At least compare apples to apples. 

LOL! I haven't said one word about how many seasons a player has played because that has nothing to do with how good or bad a player is. Dan Marino was a better QB than Trent Dilfer but in your book Dilfer was the better QB because he won a Super Bowl and Marino never did. If you don't understand how ridiculous of a statement that and how ridiculous your "position" is then I can't help you.

54 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

21 QBs did that last year, including Jones, Allen, Minshew, Baker and Fitz who I hope a #1 pick is better than. If Burrow is as great as you guys say 3500yds and 25 TDs should be attainable. That's top 15. Better than average joes in the top 20 I just listed. 

Also I thought yards meant jack ****?

How about we make it whether he takes the Bengals to the playoffs? It's all QB right? $500 Bengals dont make the playoffs.

Tom Brady had 24 TDs, this sounds like a very wimpy, and underwhelming an attempt at moving goal posts by including the playoffs. 25Tds is top 8. I thought you said he would be a bust and sound pretty convinced Ryan is better? Why can't we use Ryan's Rookie Season as the measuring stick? 3500 yards and 18tds I am all in what do you say?

$250

8 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

LOL! I haven't said one word about how many seasons a player has played because that has nothing to do with how good or bad a player is. Dan Marino was a better QB than Trent Dilfer but in your book Dilfer was the better QB because he won a Super Bowl and Marino never did. If you don't understand how ridiculous of a statement that and how ridiculous your "position" is then I can't help you.

Again read what I said. I said 10 good seasons over 20 ok seasons, if that to you sounds like I would take dilfer over marino than you have bigger problems than our argument lol. 

30 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Tom Brady had 24 TDs, this sounds like a very wimpy, and underwhelming an attempt at moving goal posts by including the playoffs. 25Tds is top 8. I thought you said he would be a bust and sound pretty convinced Ryan is better? Why can't we use Ryan's Rookie Season as the measuring stick? 3500 yards and 18tds I am all in what do you say?

$250

Pretty sure you said Burrow will be better than Ryan so 3900yds and 24 TDs. He should do better right? It's a more passing league too. That's barely better than Kyker and Baker. $250

And the playoffs is a separate bet dude lol. I got $500 they won't reach playoffs. You should think they can since it's all on the QB tho, right?

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

So that would make it someone like Rodgers or Wilson. I would take a career like that over MR2 any day. 

Wins and losses are a team stat! The reason Matt Ryan has never won the Super Bowl has been because his team has let him down time and again. He has more than done his part in an attempt to win a Super Bowl. He's got some of the best playoff numbers ever assembled. He's done his part. The team and coaching has not.

2 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Pretty sure you said Burrow will be better than Ryan so 3900yds and 24 TDs. He should do better right? It's a more passing league too. That's barely better than Kyker and Baker. $250

And the playoffs is a separate bet dude lol. I got $500 they won't reach playoffs. You should think they can since it's all on the QB tho, right?

LOL! Um Ryan entered the league when it was a passing league,

3900 yards and 24 tds are vet passing numbers that were barely beat by Brady and Aaron Rodgers. Murray had 3700 and 20, minchew has 3200 and 22tds, and Baker barely has 3800 yards and 22tds. Like I said those are spineless bets and not stats you expect from an a "average QB who hasn't shown anything," but numbers you expect from an all time great in his first season. I also said nothing about playoffs, Bengals have a lot of issues as an organization. 

I guess you don't mean what you say, you are just trolling. 

On 1/7/2020 at 11:34 AM, athell said:

Mobile = / = running qb.

I agree. Someone mentioned Brady, but even Brady can work the pocket. Mobile QBs at least know how to buy time in the pocket. Just dodging would be sackers can be a big deal.

Edited by Intellectually Honest
18 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Um Ryan entered the league when it was a passing league,

3900 yards and 24 tds are vet passing numbers that were barely beat by Brady and Aaron Rodgers. Murray had 3700 and 20, minchew has 3200 and 22tds, and Baker barely has 3800 yards and 22tds. Like I said those are spineless bets and not stats you expect from an a "average QB who hasn't shown anything," but numbers you expect from an all time great in his first season. I also said nothing about playoffs, Bengals have a lot of issues as an organization. 

I guess you don't mean what you say, you are just trolling. 

You have been saying how great Burrow is, is it not safe to assume he should do better than Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield? 3900yds isnt all time great lol!! Baker had 27 TDs his rookie year and 3700yds and didnt start every game.

If Burrow doesnt hit 3900yds and 24 tds then hes just bad. But whatever, I wont take your money champ.

I brought up playoffs because you used superbowls as a way to bash Ryan. If those are QB stats then Burrow should get the bengals to the playoffs, shouldn't matter if the team sucks right? So take the bet.

18 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

You have been saying how great Burrow is, is it not safe to assume he should do better than Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield? 3900yds isnt all time great lol!! Baker had 27 TDs his rookie year and 3700yds and didnt start every game.

If Burrow doesnt hit 3900yds and 24 tds then hes just bad. But whatever, I wont take your money champ.

I brought up playoffs because you used superbowls as a way to bash Ryan. If those are QB stats then Burrow should get the bengals to the playoffs, shouldn't matter if the team sucks right? So take the bet.

Ok so basically for me to take your money you want him to have the best rookie season of all time but at the same time you dont want him on your team because he hasn't "shown anything." This is a paradoxical self defeating argument expected from a TATF logician. If anything it's an argument why you should take him over Matt Ryan. If you think hes going to be a bust or average you would have bet me over average rookie stats. 

I rest my case.

16 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Ok so basically for me to take your money you expect him to have the best rookie season of the last 3 decades but at the same time you dont want him on your team because he hasn't "shown anything." This is a paradoxical self defeating argument expected from a TATF logician. If anything it's an argument why you should take him over Matt Ryan. If you think hes going to he average you would bet me over average rookie stats. 

Not even close to the best in the last 3 decades lol but ok. 

You're awful numbers have him at 10 for rookies in the last 3 decades and 17th for TDs. Behind mega busts left and right.

12 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Not even close to the best in the last 3 decades lol but ok. 

You're awful numbers have him at 10 for rookies in the last 3 decades and 17th for TDs. Behind mega busts left and right.

Post the numbers, its literally probably the best rookie season of all time. You are exaggerating like usual. 

14 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

According to @Osiruz Burrow will be worse than Dak, Winston, Bradford, and Murray but that means he's awesome and totally not a bust. Lol ok man. 

You even got him having less tds than Mike ******* Glennon!!!! Loolllllll

I said hes better than average and those qbs were good qbs. Dak just lead the league in passing and had a very good season. But you want him to have the single greatest season ever and refuse to bet on a top 10 all time season which shows your and Athell's hypocrisy and paranoia. For good measure Bradford had 3500 yards and 18 tds. Here are the top all time rookie seasons:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2018/08/20/the-10-best-qb-rookie-seasons-in-nfl-history-ranked/amp/

Again your bets are spineless and show there is no virtue or credible valuable information to be gleaned from anything you say, and Athell yes manning shows he is just as clueless and his brain dead as a door nail. 3900 yards and 24 tds have never been done by a Rookie ever and is not a fair bet one would make for a potential bust.