The Pocket Passer Is Dying. Long Live the Mobile Quarterback.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember hearing about all this with Vick.  Then with Cam.  Then with RGIII.  Then with Kaepernick.  Meanwhile Brady can't make a fist with all those rings.   

For now. Everything is cyclical. Once DCs change philosophies and even players then someone will change QB style again. Just find the best player and things will sort themselves out. 

@mqg96 @Sir Joe™ There are old quarterbacks.  There are mobile quarterbacks. You know what you don’t see?  Old mobile QBs. Those hits add up.  Cam is the latest example, and he was

9 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

As much as I appreciate Matt Ryan and defend him against some of the ridiculousness that happens here the Falcons next QB needs to be a Mahomes type! Someone that can make magic happen with his feet when there's nothing else available. That's the future of the NFL because no one plays or teaches football the old way anymore. Once the generation of coaches like Saban in college and Belichick in the NFL retire then that's it for the guys like Ryan and Brady. If you can't move and make chicken **** out of chicken salad more times than not you're gonna get beat. Game has changed and the Falcons need to accept the fact and evolve.

Really hope we don't get a QB who makes chicken **** out of chicken salad :lol:

Realistically, don't see anyone I like that much that we can get outside the 1st round this year. Tate Martell could be a fun Taysom Hill type guy in the later rounds next year/2022 maybe. I'll have to look more at guys in 2021 in general. Just don't think 2020 is the year, esp with Ryan having so much time left in ATL. I'd look at Jordan Love if he fell to the 2nd. Outside of that, nah. Maybe Hurts in the 5th.

6 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Really hope we don't get a QB who makes chicken **** out of chicken salad :lol:

Realistically, don't see anyone I like that much that we can get outside the 1st round this year. Tate Martell could be a fun Taysom Hill type guy in the later rounds next year/2022 maybe. I'll have to look more at guys in 2021 in general. Just don't think 2020 is the year, esp with Ryan having so much time left in ATL. I'd look at Jordan Love if he fell to the 2nd. Outside of that, nah. Maybe Hurts in the 5th.

This year isn't the year for the Falcons to spend a pick on a QB. But I think 2021 is the year. Especially if the Falcons bomb in 2020. If that happens then everyone is getting fired and a new coach is gonna want his own QB and it would make sense given that Matt Ryan will be 36 years old entering the 2021 season.

I'm not a big fan of the QBs in this year's class. I think the 2021 class is much better.

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Watts just runs a sweep and cuts it to ten. Georgia Boy. Mobile.

I like Watson a lot, but our Birds didn't have a shot at him. Ditto Mahomes and a lot of the guys people wish we'd drafted. Exercise in futility tbh. Only guy I wish we drafted is Russell Wilson and that wasn't gonna happen.

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I like Watson a lot, but our Birds didn't have a shot at him. Ditto Mahomes and a lot of the guys people wish we'd drafted. Exercise in futility tbh. Only guy I wish we drafted is Russell Wilson and that wasn't gonna happen.

If Tua drops to us we gotta take him. Put him on a three year Rogers plan. I don't think he will though.

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

If Tua drops to us we gotta take him. Put him on a three year Rogers plan. I don't think he will though.

I wouldn't hate it at all. But Dimi is in win now mode. Wouldn't be surprised if he trades up again.

"We have two 2nd round picks, that's ammo for trading up...right?" - Dimi, probably

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I wouldn't hate it at all. But Dimi is in win now mode. Wouldn't be surprised if he trades up again.

"We have two 2nd round picks, that's ammo for trading up...right?" - Dimi, probably

Dimi's been a fill my gaps with draft picks guy for 12 years now. Won't be surprised if he trades up, but McKay will be more involved this year so we could stay put or trade down for capital.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dimi's been a fill my gaps with draft picks guy for 12 years now. Won't be surprised if he trades up, but McKay will be more involved this year so we could stay put or trade down for capital.

Hoping that McKay influence is felt in that way. Just hope they go more BPA and don't act like we're one player away. Think it was @vel who said it, but our best drafts have been ones where Dimi takes a team building approach, not the ones where he sells out for a guy/pair of guys.

Wish we had actual playoff talk. Instead we get every post saying we need a mobile QB to win. Grass is always greener. If it was so easy as to "find a Mahomes type" every team would. There is only one Mahomes.

Burrow is gone #1.

Tua is hurt if you even so much as look at him. 

And the Lawrence will go before we pick too. 

Let it the **** go people. We will get a QB when it happens. Until then appreciate what we have and build around him. ****.

Just give me an elite OC with elite talent and I'm good with Matt for another 5 years.

What is Mahomes without these things? We don't know. We've seen Matt with elite coaching and a run game/cast of weapons once.

Every year outside of that has been Mularkey, Dirk, and Sark. LOL

but HE HAS JULIO!!

:lol:

Oh, and KC does have a pretty good defense this year. Better than their defense last year actually. They should be the AFC representative without a massive defensive performance from Titans.

Houston D is trash, too. We lit them up with Dirk as OC.

17 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Wish we had actual playoff talk. Instead we get every post saying we need a mobile QB to win. Grass is always greener. If it was so easy as to "find a Mahomes type" every team would. There is only one Mahomes.

Burrow is gone #1.

Tua is hurt if you even so much as look at him. 

And the Lawrence will go before we pick too. 

Let it the **** go people. We will get a QB when it happens. Until then appreciate what we have and build around him. ****.

Imagine thinking the only difference in playoff teams is QB.

lol 

Classic case of correlation does not equal causation.

18 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

Imagine thinking the only difference in playoff teams is QB.

lol 

Classic case of correlation does not equal causation.

Everyone is pointing to Henry as the answer to a offense. Running is where its at.

Ignore the titans amazing defense that allows them to run. Ignore the nice line they've built.

Now it's all about mobile QBs, a lot of good that did Watson when his defense **** the bed.

53 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Everyone is pointing to Henry as the answer to a offense. Running is where its at.

Ignore the titans amazing defense that allows them to run. Ignore the nice line they've built.

Now it's all about mobile QBs, a lot of good that did Watson when his defense **** the bed.

You forgot in this objective post that Watson was clearly just Ryan. Can’t beat mobile QBs if you are Ryan.

Meanwhile, 2016...

Beat: Wilson & Rodgers

Lost to: Brady

But if people could recognize coaching and 21 others players; not counting STs...ya know..exist?

The highly mobile Aaron Rodgers just handed off the **** out of that ball. 

Meanwhile the highly mobile Wilson is playing like poop. 

Maybe mobility is overrated compared to other factors like blocking, run game, defense, scheme, game planning and execution. It’s still just football after all. 

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

So a guy that can't stay healthy in college will all of a sudden stay on the field in the NFL? Anyone drafting Tua will get what they deserve!! Better make sure you've got 2 good QBs on the roster in that case. Dude will not make it in the NFL.