Sidecar Falcon

The Pocket Passer Is Dying. Long Live the Mobile Quarterback.

589 posts in this topic

tenor.gif

16 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Yep!!! Couldnt avoid one guy??!!! With all his mobility? With his 4.5 speed? Couldnt will us to a victory? Couldnt become great in the time to shine?????

Edited by Jerz #Quinning
Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Why are you interrupting our conversation? To ban more posters? Maybe you're the hater.

I’m sorry, I’ll leave. You 3 can have this thread to continue fantasizing about Kurt Benkert, Ryan not screaming at coaches, and Julio making acrobatic catches that Ryan is trying to throw away...

Carry on 

Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’m sorry, I’ll leave. You 3 can have this thread to continue fantasizing about Kurt Benkert, Ryan not screaming at coaches, and Julio making acrobatic catches that Ryan is trying to throw away...

Carry on 

Thank you, Mr Moderator

16 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Something else.  Had it not been for Julio TAKING the ball AWAY from the defensive back,  Ryan and Shanahan wouldn't have been done there in the first place to bungle that game.  There is zero reason like you said that Ryan should be throwing that ball on the critical downs.  He audibles out of the play, what is Shanahan gonna do?  Daniels HAS SUPERBOWL RINGS and Brady regularly chews his coordinators up in New England...

... you, we running the ball!

Image result for tom brady arguing gif

For context:

"He kind of let me have it. I deserved it," Brady told WEEI's Kirk and Callahan show. "It was kind of a dumb throw. I deserved it. I kind of chirped back, and he didn't like it. I was kind of fiery at the time, too.

16 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Y’all are just straight up lying to yourselves right now. This is seriously pathetic 

Yeah

I don't understand the recent explosion of infatuation with QBs who have some wheels. They've been around for a long time.

People are forgetting that Elway lost 3 SBs in a 4 year span and he had some legs on him, probably the most mobile QB in the league during that time.

Steve Young was mobile and actually did win some games using his legs. Farve was underrated when it came to his mobility.

Troy Aikman had legs on him, but he rarely had to use them behind that historic wall of an o-line.

None of this is really new, except to younger fans and people of the media who spins this as a "new trend" in NFL history.

JD dirtybird21, Mr.11 and Geneaut like this

14 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Those player also have higher QBR’s than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady & Brett Favre.  Guess they are ll better players?

/i wouldn't go so far to say that yet but to claim they have little instincts from inside the pocket and aren't accurate to begin with is definetly more outlandish so you're on your own on that one. You're not regularly putting up a QB rating over 100 if you aren't a good pocket passer so to make that claim is indicative of the extreme bias that plagues these boards.

Flying Falcon likes this

6 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

For context:

"He kind of let me have it. I deserved it," Brady told WEEI's Kirk and Callahan show. "It was kind of a dumb throw. I deserved it. I kind of chirped back, and he didn't like it. I was kind of fiery at the time, too.

Yeah, Ryan never "chirp back" at his OC. The good ole company guy. Can see we're getting screwed like the pooch, but would never say a mumbling word. Just goes right out there and takes a meaningless, horrible, ill advise sack on a horrible playcall.

That's your guy!!

6 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Yeah, Ryan never "chirp back" at his OC. The good ole company guy. Can see we're getting screwed like the pooch, but would never say a mumbling word. Just goes right out there and takes a meaningless, horrible, ill advise sack on a horrible playcall.

That's your guy!!

I’m just pointing out it wasn’t Brady chewing out O’Brien for making dumb calls.  It was just the opposite and Brady got his feelings hurt

Flying Falcon likes this

20 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’m picking up on the logic of these 3 haters...they are essentially saying that Peyton, Brady, and Favre wouldn’t make it in today’s NFL that requires mobility in your QB. Kurt Benkert is a much better option...

You should pick up on your own logic because absolutely nobody has made this claim. But please continue though. I like to see the cute attempts to shrug off differing opinions of your golden boy QB thats one of the best to ever do it.

Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

633945044.0.jpg

That's your guy!!!

HzhrXjsEtZumnwtm30grA9pKMvZ0Tc3EtwyN6v3-

That's your guy!!!

I see this kind of Ryan ridicule on Saints and Panthers forums.  Not sure why it’s on here though.  Now that Vic is out you have your new target...lol.  Good luck with it

1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

usatsi_9861354.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Couldnt use his mobility to escape this 1 guy. 1 guy!!! SB hangs in the balance and couldnt escape this 1 guy.

LOL...look at Matthews.  Why are we paying Matthews 15 million if it’s Matt’s job to elude someone bigger and faster

JD dirtybird21 likes this

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

I see this kind of Ryan ridicule on Saints and Panthers forums.  Not sure why it’s on here though.  Now that Vic is out you have your new target...lol.  Good luck with it

He's not above scrutiny.  He's the face of this organization  and he has failed us like the HCs, OL, RBs, OCs, DC, and others.... He catches the wrath just like all the others.

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

LOL...look at Matthews.  Why are we paying Matthews 15 million if it’s Matt’s job to elude someone bigger and faster

Why we paying Matt all that 20 Million if it isnt his job to elude 1 guy? With the biggest game of his whole playing career on the line? 

Jerz #Quinning likes this

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Maybe we should keep drafting RT's until we find one that NEVER gets beat.

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

Why we paying Matt all that 20 Million if it isnt his job to elude 1 guy? With the biggest game of his whole playing career on the line? 

No, it’s not.  His job is to read the defense and deliver a throw that’s accurate.  It’s the OL’s job to give him 2.5 seconds

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

No, it’s not.  His job is to read the defense and deliver a throw that’s accurate.  It’s the OL’s job to give him 2.5 seconds

Someone should have told that to Mahommes. He was under pressure, but when the game was on the line, he elude his "1 guy" to make a play. Too bad that's not Matt job. If his teammates fail to do their job, then he cant compensate and he folds.

Just now, Flying Falcon said:

Or draft a QB that CAN elude one guy if they do beat the LT or RT.

mattryansacksb.gif

You're telling me Matt couldn't muster up enough space to AT LEAST throw the ball away? How do you as a franchise MVP QB get sacked right here in this situation? He should have been ready to chuck it out of bounds at the beginning of the snap.

8 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

You should pick up on your own logic because absolutely nobody has made this claim. But please continue though. I like to see the cute attempts to shrug off differing opinions of your golden boy QB thats one of the best to ever do it.

Your boy @Spts1 literally posted pictures of Benkert and said he’s the best QB on this team... 

Your other boy @Flying Falcon is posting pictures of Ryan getting sacked or hit. And also spouting dribble about how Ryan is a company man who never yells at coaches. Like he actually knows this info....:rolleyes:

Look...it’s one thing to make a claim that you want Mahomes or Wilson as your QB. There’s nothing wrong with that. But when you start putting down Ryan in a completely immature and silly fashion to support your narrative....or you state that the 3rd string QB who went undrafted and has never played an NFL down is the better overall player....then you just look like fools.

24 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

For context:

can't get rings without bucking sometimes...

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Your boy @Spts1 literally posted pictures of Benkert and said he’s the best QB on this team... 

Your other boy @Flying Falcon is posting pictures of Ryan getting sacked or hit. And also spouting dribble about how Ryan is a company man who never yells at coaches. Like he actually knows this info....:rolleyes:

Look...it’s one thing to make a claim that you want Mahomes or Wilson as your QB. There’s nothing wrong with that. But when you start putting down Ryan in a completely immature and silly fashion to support your narrative....or you state that the 3rd string QB who went undrafted and has never played an NFL down is the better overall player....then you just look like fools.

You're back? To ban some more loyal "FALCONS" posters, Mr Moderator?? I thought you left us to our conversations?

2 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

mattryansacksb.gif

You're telling me Matt couldn't muster up enough space to AT LEAST throw the ball away? How do you as a franchise MVP QB get sacked right here in this situation? He should have been ready to chuck it out of bounds at the beginning of the snap.

Couldnt elude 1 guy with the game on the line. And the guy was in his view. Didnt come from his blindside or nothing. Right there in his view. With all that "mobility" he has, cant elude that 1 guy.

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It's in light gest and shouldn't be taken this seriously bud. You joke about Ryan even just a little bit and someone is raging at their computer screen with their panties in a wad. This is only football. A sport played by mostly kids in this world. I should be allowed to joke about a QB as much as people do about other players like Beasley or whatever OC we have at the time like Duck Koetter.

Charles Wright likes this