Sidecar Falcon

The Pocket Passer Is Dying. Long Live the Mobile Quarterback.

589 posts in this topic

Whats REALLY wild about this is the fact the Falcons HAVE a legit dual threat on the roster in Benkert.  Better arm than Ryan, showed pocket awareness AND can run the ball.  Before he got injured he was the best quarterback on the roster and thats including Ryan.  THIS is the type of quarterback the Falcons need. Ryan fanboys will not admit it but its what it is.  The Falcons if they really played this right could develop Benkert and get rid of Ryan by taking the initial cap hit for flexibility down the road.  Let this be Belichick, it would have been a done deal...

Image result for falcons quarterback benkert

Related image

Edited by Spts1

11 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Mahomes has never lost an NFL game by more than a TD. He has kept his team competitive in every game so far in his career. 

He led the team to a 5-0 record when down double digits this season.

Went 3-0 in the playoffs after being down double digits in every game. 

And led a 24-0 comeback.

The dude can not be overhyped. 

Mahomes is great.  No doubt.  But the roster is loaded for bear.  They beat MN and put up 40 points with Matt Moore at QB this year and nearly took out GB.

Let’s see his progression once he and Kelce extended.  Won’t be much room for anymore star power

6 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Soo many nuggets in here I its hard to start on one... 

I will start with the moon shots.  Ryan has to over compensate for his weak arm by heaving them ducks up there like you said and Julio has to come back to the ball.  Julio gets INJURED at times from this.  Its another elephant people ignore.  You got a big guy who has to break down and come back and he pulls stuff trying to get to them ducks...:(

Next,  like we have both said, Julio gets ONE opportunity.  You can forget extended play throws.

Back shoulder?  Look, again, this is not hating, but Atlanta's offensive coordinators have been scheming them receivers open.  Koetter, Shanahan, Sark and back to Koetter.  Every one of them has been able to get receivers OPEN because you can forget tight coverage throws.  Ryan does it every blue moon but thats not his game.

Live arm quarterback.  Julio setting records with a weak armed quarterback.  Imagine what he would have done with arm talent at quarterback...:(

Lastly,  Russell Wilson is like you pointed out, is a excellent example of how a dual threat RAISES the level of the play around him.  They can throw anybody back there because Wilson can find the time to get the ball to them.  Brady can't even do that.  Thats why they whining up in New England about receivers...

LOL this post is so spot on I can't believe it’s on TATF.

Look I know for a fact Ryan throws those high *** moonshots to make up for his arm because I LITERALLY DO THE SAME THING. Sometimes I dont even throw it high because I want to its just the spot that I’m trying to get the ball to it’s inevitable and just happens automatically.

lmfao Julio setting records with Ryan is honestly amazing. It’s just so frustrating thinking about what could have been with someone like Wilson, Watson.

All of this is not hard to grasp and anyone with a good understanding of this game can see this. We just have a bunch biased insecure guys around here that would sink with S.S. Thin Ice instead of abandoning  ship when its time. They are too caught up in his personal accolades and stats. In 10 years his stats are going to be so pedestrian its not even funny.

Spts1 and Flying Falcon like this

6 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Whats REALLY wild about this is the fact the Falcons HAVE a legit dual threat on the roster in Benkert.  Better arm than Ryan, showed pocket awareness AND can run the ball.  Before he got injured he was the best quarterback on the roster and thats including Ryan.  THIS is the type of quarterback the Falcons need. Ryan fanboys will not admit it but its what it is.  The Falcons if they really played this right could develop Benkert and get rid of Ryan by taking the initial cap hit for flexibility down the road.  Let this be Belichick, it would have been a done deal...

Related image

Lol

Ovie_Lover likes this

5 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Whats REALLY wild about this is the fact the Falcons HAVE a legit dual threat on the roster in Bernkert.  Better arm than Ryan, showed pocket awareness AND can run the ball.  Before he got injured he was the best quarterback on the roster and thats including Ryan.  THIS is the type of quarterback the Falcons need. Ryan fanboys will not admit it but its what it is.  The Falcons if they really played this right could develop Benkert and get rid of Ryan by taking the initial cap hit for flexibility down the road.  Let this be Belichick, it would have been a done deal...

Related image

So true. I have emphasized plenty times that we will NOT win anything with Ryan. It wont happen. Excuses can be made for OL play, OC schemes, defense isnt top 5, HC blunders, RBs, and even Julio, but never the QB position.

Ryan just cant lift us to a Championship. He doesnt have the "IT" factor to do it in this era. Maybe back in the old days, but in the days of mobility rules era, NOPE!

7 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

LOL this post is so spot on I can't believe it’s on TATF.

Look I know for a fact Ryan throws those high *** moonshots to make up for his arm because I LITERALLY DO THE SAME THING. Sometimes I dont even throw it high because I want to its just the spot that I’m trying to get the ball to it’s inevitable and just happens automatically.

lmfao Julio setting records with Ryan is honestly amazing. It’s just so frustrating thinking about what could have been with someone like Wilson, Watson.

All of this is not hard to grasp and anyone with a good understanding of this game can see this. We just have a bunch biased insecure guys around here that would sink with S.S. Thin Ice instead of abandoning  ship when its time. They are too caught up in his personal accolades and stats. In 10 years his stats are going to be so pedestrian its not even funny.

I have been watching the NFL since 1972.  I got a good grasp on who can play quarterback and who can not play quarterback.  Them coordinators Atlanta has made Ryan better than what he is.  He is not a scrub but he isn't gonna carry a team to a Lombardi either...

Edited by Spts1

4 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

So true. I have emphasized plenty times that we will NOT win anything with Ryan. It wont happen. Excuses can be made for OL play, OC schemes, defense isnt top 5, HC blunders, RBs, and even Julio, but never the QB position.

Ryan just cant lift us to a Championship. He doesnt have the "IT" factor to do it in this era. Maybe back in the old days, but in the days of mobility rules era, NOPE!

He got his 50,000 yards.  Thats what the important thing is to fanboys.  Mahomes in the league TWO years and got a chip and should have gotten one his rookie season...

Edited by Spts1

1 minute ago, Spts1 said:

I have been watching the NFL since 1972.  I got a good grasp on who can play quarterback and who can not play quarterback.  Them coordinators Atlanta has had has made Ryan better than what he is.  He is not a scrub but he isn't gonna carry a team to a Lombardi either...

And look at this:

2016, right on the verge of a Lombardi, Ryan with his lack of leadership couldnt overrule an arrogant summab OC to bring us a trophy home. Who does that? Brady? Brees? Who? Ryan knew that the guy was gone to SF after the game ended and STILL didnt overrule him. He just dont have "IT".

Spts1 and Jerz #Quinning like this

Just now, Spts1 said:

He got his 50,000 yards.  Thats what the important thing is to fanboys.  Mahomes in the league TWO years and got a chip and should have gotten one his rookie season...

tenor.gif?itemid=9789067

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

And look at this:

2016, right on the verge of a Lombardi, Ryan with his lack of leadership couldnt overrule an arrogant summab OC to bring us a trophy home. Who does that? Brady? Brees? Who? Ryan knew that the guy was gone to SF after the game ended and STILL didnt overrule him. He just dont have "IT".

Should have told Shanahan in the Headset, " Look you arrogant summab!! You're gone after this game anyway. Whatcha gonna do to me? Bench me?!!! I'm calling some run plays. SUCK IT!!!"

Jerz #Quinning likes this

Just now, Flying Falcon said:

And look at this:

The man really got sacked in FG range like he didn’t have to take a couple steps to the right to either avoid the sack entirely or throw it away. I was like yup the real Matt Ryan has showed back up. Mahomes would have scored a TD on that drive.

Some MVP type play we saw from Matt when it mattered most to seal the game...for the PATS.

Just now, Jerz #Quinning said:

The man really got sacked in FG range like he didn’t have to take a couple steps to the right to either avoid the sack entirely or throw it away. I was like yup the real Matt Ryan has showed back up. Mahomes would have scored a TD on that drive.

Some MVP type play we saw from Matt when it mattered most to seal the game...for the PATS.

Yep!!! Couldnt avoid one guy??!!! With all his mobility? With his 4.5 speed? Couldnt will us to a victory? Couldnt become great in the time to shine?????

Jerz #Quinning likes this

9 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

And look at this:

Something else.  Had it not been for Julio TAKING the ball AWAY from the defensive back,  Ryan and Shanahan wouldn't have been done there in the first place to bungle that game.  There is zero reason like you said that Ryan should be throwing that ball on the critical downs.  He audibles out of the play, what is Shanahan gonna do?  Daniels HAS SUPERBOWL RINGS and Brady regularly chews his coordinators up in New England...

Best catch in the history of the Superbowl negated by the Falcons...

Image result for julio jones super bowl catch gif

... you, we running the ball!

Image result for tom brady arguing gif

Edited by Spts1
Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, Spts1 said:

Something else.  Had it not been for Julio TAKING the ball AWAY from the defensive back,  Ryan and Shanahan wouldn't have been done there in the first place to bungle that game.  There is zero reason like you said that Ryan should be throwing that ball on the critical downs.  He audibles out of the play, what is Shanahan gonna do?  Daniels HAS SUPERBOWL RINGS and Brady regularly chews his butt up in New England...

Imagine if the ball was alittle more upfield. Julio had gotten behind the CB and the safety was late getting over there. Could possibly have been a TD. I have to look at the whole field again.

Spts1 likes this

5 hours ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Loooool this is such a terrible take. I guess thats why their career QB ratings are all higher than Ryans huh? Wilson, Watson, Mahomes and Lamar just all can’t seem to throw very accurately from the pocket or anticipate any openings I guess. lmfaooo

Look we all know there is ONLY one way to win a game in the NFL....... y0u HAvE tO bE MobILe. Like what are you even saying? your strawmans are incredibly annoying.

Your hypotheticals of how Ryan is blowing anyone out the water w/o Julio is not grounded in any amount of reality or is based on any concrete evidence. Your fanboyism has clouded you with a thick cloud of bias.

Those player also have higher QBR’s than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady & Brett Favre.  Guess they are ll better players?

JD dirtybird21 likes this

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Those player also have higher QBR’s than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady & Brett Favre.  Guess they are ll better players?

They weren't afraid to overrule their OC when he called a horrible play.

1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

Imagine if the ball was alittle more upfield. Julio had gotten behind the CB and the safety was late getting over there. Could possibly have been a TD. I have to look at the whole field again.

Ryan appeared to be actually throwing the ball away like he regularly does but Julio went and grabbed that ball...

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’m picking up on the logic of these 3 haters...they are essentially saying that Peyton, Brady, and Favre wouldn’t make it in today’s NFL that requires mobility in your QB. Kurt Benkert is a much better option...

Rings and FalconsIn2012 like this

1 minute ago, Spts1 said:

Ryan appeared to be actually throwing the ball away like he regularly does but Julio went and grabbed that ball...

That appears to be true.

Spts1 likes this

13 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Something else.  Had it not been for Julio TAKING the ball AWAY from the defensive back,  Ryan and Shanahan wouldn't have been done there in the first place to bungle that game.  There is zero reason like you said that Ryan should be throwing that ball on the critical downs.  He audibles out of the play, what is Shanahan gonna do?  Daniels HAS SUPERBOWL RINGS and Brady regularly chews his coordinators up in New England...

... you, we running the ball!

The funny part is it’s O’Brian  chewing Brady our for missing a few east throws the previous series and Brady got upset

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’m picking up on the logic of these 3 haters...they are essentially saying that Peyton, Brady, and Favre wouldn’t make it in today’s NFL that requires mobility in your QB. Kurt Benkert is a much better option...

Why are you interrupting our conversation? To ban more posters? Maybe you're the hater.

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Y’all are just straight up lying to yourselves right now. This is seriously pathetic 

Why are you here? Just pass by this thread. If it aggravates you that much.

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Its a result oriented league...

Image result for belichick gif

Flying Falcon likes this