Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

2019 CFP National Championship - #3 Clemson vs #1 LSU

373 posts in this topic

Well we are now less than a week away from the final game of the 2019 season... the big one, the game for all the marbles, the national championship game.

LSU is a 5.5 point favorite on the Vegas line. I’m expecting them to win by at least 10 as I don’t think Clemson will be able to match their offensive output nor stop them with any consistency. I think Clemson will have some success on offense, but I expect LSU will play a decent game defensively.

Burrow is playing QB at about the highest level I’ve ever seen. It’s pretty friggin unreal. LSU is also pretty loaded with experienced juniors and seniors this year. Combined with the change in offense, I’ve really come to see them as that team of destiny this year. Clemson has too many areas of weakness in this matchup imo. They’re weak along the OL, thin at WR, fairly young overall defensively. It was pretty crazy how open Ohio State receivers were the entire game and how much room Dobbins often had to run. I think LSU is just too much for this Clemson team and not by a little bit.

LSU wins, but I think I couldn't care less who actually wins lol. Was really pulling for that Oklahoma/Ohio State game...

I picked Clemson to win it all after UGA lost to South Carolina mid-season simply because I still believe the mantra that Defense Wins Championships, and Clemson has virtually nothing but 4 straight years of 5-star recruits on their two-deep on defense.  It's a freaking national allstar team.

BUT, the numbers LSU offense is putting up, and the fact they were able to put 37 points up on UGA's defense, which is one of the best defenses I've seen in a while, I don't know if Clemson can contain them, but they did just hold OSU, who was averaging 47 ppg (just 0.6 fewer than LSU) to 23 points.

I do think it's possible they do something similar to LSU.  I also think it's possible Clemson's offense could put up 30+ on LSU's defense, as Clemson was averaging just over 44 ppg this season and just put 29 up on the #3 ranked defense in college football.  And LSU has around the #27th ranked defense, although they're certainly playing better down the stretch.

I do not think this is going to be a LSU blowout like some assume.  Too many people are enamored with Burrow and what they did to a crappy OU team that never should have been in the playoff.

I think the main reason they were able to put up 37 on UGA is because UGA's offense was simply anemic.  Down 3 starting WR's, Fromm just had 4 straight games of < 49% completion rate, they were playing from behind almost instantly, and then toss in a few horrible turnovers.

I simply do not see that happening to Clemson.

As a result, I'm going to be one of probably very few people who reluctantly picks Clemson to win this game.  Reluctantly because I hate Clemson and the ACC and would much rather see a SEC team, especially one that beat UGA, win the Natty.

I'm predicting this to be a nail-biter, but Clemson comes out on top 34-30.

LSU will kirbstomp them into oblivion and i will enjoy every freaking minute of it.. Go LSU and kill them hated Tigers.  (I don't like LSU at all, but I hate clemson with a passion that my eyes glow red and lazers come out when i think about them). 

MisguidedThoseBigmouthbass-size_restrict

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

LSU will kirbstomp them into oblivion and i will enjoy every freaking minute of it.. Go LSU and kill them hated Tigers.  (I don't like LSU at all, but I hate clemson with a passion that my eyes glow red and lazers come out when i think about them). 

I hope you're right, but I think people are mistakenly under-estimating Clemson too much.

2 hours ago, The Great American said:

That's a dad joke.

Well that reflects me.  I'm the Dad now.  Where did the time go?

Next thing I'll be walking around the house looking for my keys or shoes.

The Great American likes this

46 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Well that reflects me.  I'm the Dad now.  Where did the time go?

Next thing I'll be walking around the house looking for my keys or shoes.

Apparently dad jokes are in right now because my oldest son tells me some every week.  

95Dawg likes this

Let’s see I called Clemson beating Bama last year AND they will repeat. Don’t bet against Sunshine or Brent Venables. He has 2 weeks to prepare

6 hours ago, Beef said:

I hope you're right, but I think people are mistakenly under-estimating Clemson too much.

People did it last year with Clemson. 

RandomFan likes this

Clemson would have a legit dynasty with this one. That would be 3 of the last 4 championships. That's how Alabama's run started

8 hours ago, Beef said:

i think part of my view is my hatred for them, but I have seen a lot of clemosn and lsu and i really do feel they blow them out.  the only way it's close is if you have some major injury issues for lsu.. the players were there for osu to make and they didn't make them.. i think lsu does. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Clemson would have a legit dynasty with this one. That would be 3 of the last 4 championships. That's how Alabama's run started

bama is no longer in thier dynasty.  when another team has 2 out of 3 titles they are developing a dynasty right there, but right now there isn't anything dynasty other than clemson which is why i want them to lose.. LOL 3 out of 4 is a huge start to a dynasty by them and i want it stopped.. hahaha

3 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Let’s see I called Clemson beating Bama last year AND they will repeat. Don’t bet against Sunshine or Brent Venables. He has 2 weeks to prepare

But unlike last year Clemson is the inexperienced team facing a hot team full of juniors and seniors playing out of their minds.

14 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

bama is no longer in thier dynasty.  when another team has 2 out of 3 titles they are developing a dynasty right there, but right now there isn't anything dynasty other than clemson which is why i want them to lose.. LOL 3 out of 4 is a huge start to a dynasty by them and i want it stopped.. hahaha

Not so fast my friend!

My magic 8 ball says we win next year and that the dynasty is NOT over!

51 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Not so fast my friend!

My magic 8 ball says we win next year and that the dynasty is NOT over!

lolol.. 

14 hours ago, Carter said:

But unlike last year Clemson is the inexperienced team facing a hot team full of juniors and seniors playing out of their minds.

But all those inexperienced players got to prepare last year and knows what a championship environment is like. That’s huge. And they still have Sunshine at QB. I’m not as confident that Clemson will win this year. But I love Clemson’s coaching staff and believe they will outcoach LSU

11 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

But all those inexperienced players got to prepare last year and knows what a championship environment is like. That’s huge. And they still have Sunshine at QB. I’m not as confident that Clemson will win this year. But I love Clemson’s coaching staff and believe they will outcoach LSU

i disagree with you regarding the staffs.. I think that it's a push there personally.  i think aranda is one of the best defensive minds in the country and brady and ensminger have already showed their ability to call an offense..  how lsu handles their offense i think every team in the nation should do the same thing..  i love how they get on the phone with burrow and each coach handles one aspect of the offense.. i think last year's clemson had a decided advantage over bama when it comes to coaching and nick saban admitted as much after the game (a big reason he cleaned house).. this year i think lsu and clemson's staffs are very close and i think lsu throttles them.  sunshine is a heck of a qb and clemson will score some points, but what lsu does is put way too much pressure on the opposing offense to score everytime they have the ball and that will affect any offense..  also lsu gets divinity back on defense and he is a very impt player for them.  

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

i disagree with you regarding the staffs.. I think that it's a push there personally.  i think aranda is one of the best defensive minds in the country and brady and ensminger have already showed their ability to call an offense..  how lsu handles their offense i think every team in the nation should do the same thing..  i love how they get on the phone with burrown and each coach handles one aspect of the offense.. i think last year's clemson had a decided advantage over bama when it comes to coaching and nick saban admitted as much after the game (a big reason he cleaned house).. this year i think lsu and clemson's staffs are very close and i think lsu throttles them.  sunshine is a heck of a qb and clemson will score some points, but what lsu does is put way too much pressure on the opposing offense to score everytime they have the ball and that will affect any offense..  also lsu gets divinity back on offense and he is a very impt player for them.  

The only two coaches I would take over Clemson’s are Corey Raymond and Joe Brady. Everywhere else I think Clemson has the advantage with the coaches. Aranda is good but Venables is a lot better to me. I’m a firm and big believer in Dabo. He doesn’t blink and I think his team will again prove they are at the top of the college football world