Falcons Fan MVP

Arthur Blank must not have been overly impressed with Mike McCarthy since he chose to stick with DQ.

76 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

They could be if that's what Dallas wanted to do this is Dallas we are talking about.

They could but it would be a terrible idea and not fit their personell at all. They'll stay 4-3.

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

3 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I wouldn't necessarily say ours is great...

I'm taking the Saints and Panthers with Cam back next year over Redskins, Giants, and Eagles.

9 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Plenty of options at nose

Both could play  3-4 de

With Lee VanderEsch inside lb

Smith and fa/draft olb

Smith is a more of a traditional LB, so he would be an ILB with Vander Esch. 

Lawrence and Quinn would be OLBs in a 3-4 scheme. Quinn does much better as a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB. 

Altogether they have personnel more suited towards 4-3.

4 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Smith is a more of a traditional LB, so he would be an ILB with Vander Esch. 

Lawrence and Quinn would be OLBs in a 3-4 scheme. Quinn does much better as a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB. 

Altogether they have personnel more suited towards 4-3.

Lawrence to me could probably have some success at 3-4 DE because of his size more so than at OLB but both just dont fit it. It's best to keep them where they're at. 

If you were to rush Lawrence inside it's probably best to do it in limited situations like 3rd and long and have two speed demons outside and a good Grady like DT next to him so hes singled up.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I wouldn't be surprised if to see a Falcons vs Cowboys playoffs game. Both teams will have a good chance to win their division next year.

I would be surprised since we are keeping the loser coaches we have.  Quinn has used up all his excuse cards with me.  TD should have been given the boot too.  We should have pulled a new GM by the bye.  And started looking for a new coach.  But no.  Falcon business as usual.  So yeah I would be surprised if we get anywhere near a playoff with the cowboys.

Especially with this sorry bunch running the show.  Not looking to another season of DQ at post presser telling me his losses are a real gutcheck.  Makes me wanna puke.^_^

Edited by Realsurfin
Cause our coaches suck so bad.
Falcons Fan MVP likes this

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Lawrence to me could probably have some success at 3-4 DE because of his size more so than at OLB.

What I was thinking and still strong and mobile enough to get to the quarterback

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Lawrence to me could probably have some success at 3-4 DE because of his size more so than at OLB but both just dont fit it. It's best to keep them where they're at. 

If you were to rush Lawrence inside it's probably best to do it in limited situations like 3rd and long and have two speed demons outside and a good Grady like DT next to him so hes singled up.

3-4 DE isn't the same as 4-3 DE. Most 4-3 DEs have to convert to 3-4 OLB.

DeMarcus Lawrence is 265lbs. Way too small to be a traditional 3-4 DE.

4 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Can Christmas come REALLY early this year in the form of another pinned thread??

OP needs his own sub-forum. “Prediction Central” has my vote. In this forum anyone can post every random thought that pops in their head. You just have to pose it as a question and ask for predictions. 

AUTiger7222 and ya_boi_j like this

5 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If Arthur Blank and his hiring firm was overly impressed with Mike McCarthy or anyone else they probably would have made the change after missing the playoffs 2 years in a row even though DQ has built a good culture in the locker room. I'm sure Blank took a very close look at McCarthy (who he knew would be available) when we were 1-7 and 3-9. 

Did we ever interview Mike? If we did i definitely missed it? :shrug:

ya_boi_j and Realsurfin like this

8 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

3-4 DE isn't the same as 4-3 DE. Most 4-3 DEs have to convert to 3-4 OLB.

DeMarcus Lawrence is 265lbs. Way too small to be a traditional 3-4 DE.

Obviously. He could still have some success as a pass rusher there in a limited role. Guys have done it. It would be a waste but guys have done it.

DonOfThemBirds likes this

12 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I wouldn't be surprised if to see a Falcons vs Cowboys playoffs game. Both teams will have a good chance to win their division next year.

Only if we somehow win the division or sneak in a wildcard at 8-8 or 9-7.    

11 hours ago, octoslash said:

Mike McCarthy is a little bit better than Jason Garrett, but that's not what Dallas needs.

Anybody who thinks this is a great hire that's going to put Dallas in the Super Bowl is nuts.

The last time the Cowboys were good Jimmy Johnson has been announced as the Dolphins coach, the Motorola StarTAC was just released, and Magic Johnson came out of a 5 year retirement.

16 hours ago, octoslash said:

Mike McCarthy is a little bit better than Jason Garrett, but that's not what Dallas needs.

Anybody who thinks this is a great hire that's going to put Dallas in the Super Bowl is nuts.

I don't understand this love affair that so many people have with Mike McCarthy. It's ridiculous!!

me4falcons likes this

McCarthy, Rhule, McDaniels, Judge (who?), slim pickings for coaching prospects this offseason.  

I don't know what the deal is with Jerry Jones falling in love with backup QBs as coaches. Garrett wanted to call his own plays in Dallas but JJ overruled and insisted Kellen Moore as OC.  Now McCarthy is apparently opened to Kellen Moore remaining OC (I'm sure JJ had some input).    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001095114/article/mccarthy-wants-kellen-moore-to-stay-as-cowboys-oc

20 hours ago, FalconJim said:

Impressed, or not, it's a moot point now....we have DQ and Jurry has McCarthy.  

Let it be written....so let it be done!  

So sayeth!!!  May we go forth with the zeal of a bull yak and the wisdom of AB!!!   Submit thineselves to the process!!!.....and the ball

FalconJim likes this

17 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

I would be surprised since we are keeping the loser coaches we have.  Quinn has used up all his excuse cards with me.  TD should have been given the boot too.  We should have pulled a new GM by the bye.  And started looking for a new coach.  But no.  Falcon business as usual.  So yeah I would be surprised if we get anywhere near a playoff with the cowboys.

Especially with this sorry bunch running the show.  Not looking to another season of DQ at post presser telling me his losses are a real gutcheck.  Makes me wanna puke.^_^

Please be accurate with your post.....he was also “pissed off”......and don’t forget the deer in headlights blank stare.  Wonder what they put in that cup of Gatorade??   If I were HC they’d of had to surgically remove my foot from a cpl clowns on this team by week 4.  Needless to say, I am not convinced either.  

Or maybe OP is just salty that Mike McCarthy wasn't hired or even interviewed by the Falcons. That last part really throws the whole "I'm sure AB took a long hard look at McCarthy when we were X-X record" out the window, because there were literally no reports about it.

4 hours ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

So sayeth!!!  May we go forth with the zeal of a bull yak and the wisdom of AB!!!   Submit thineselves to the process!!!.....and the ball

Haha!  "zeal of a bull yak" --- that one slayed me --- still laughing!!! 

54 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Haha!  "zeal of a bull yak" --- that one slayed me --- still laughing!!! 

Ha!  Gotta find some levity in all of this.  

FalconJim likes this

On 1/6/2020 at 8:38 PM, CrimsonFalcon said:

Didn't hire a firm to look for a new coach this time... he knew all along that he was keeping Quinn.

Now if he hires a firm to look for new fans that might be interesting

Korn Ferry

9 hours ago, cyofish said:

McCarthy, Rhule, McDaniels, Judge (who?), slim pickings for coaching prospects this offseason.  

I don't know what the deal is with Jerry Jones falling in love with backup QBs as coaches. Garrett wanted to call his own plays in Dallas but JJ overruled and insisted Kellen Moore as OC.  Now McCarthy is apparently opened to Kellen Moore remaining OC (I'm sure JJ had some input).    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001095114/article/mccarthy-wants-kellen-moore-to-stay-as-cowboys-oc

Which is exactly why keeping Dan Quinn was the right move. None of those guys are a clear cut upgrade. That is why I support Blank's decision.

7 hours ago, Skott Lee said:

Korn Ferry

Read what I said...

He did NOT hire a firm to search for a new coach this time.