Arthur Blank must not have been overly impressed with Mike McCarthy since he chose to stick with DQ.

If Arthur Blank and his hiring firm was overly impressed with Mike McCarthy or anyone else they probably would have made the change after missing the playoffs 2 years in a row even though DQ has built a good culture in the locker room. I'm sure Blank took a very close look at McCarthy (who he knew would be available) when we were 1-7 and 3-9. 

44 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If Arthur Blank and his hiring firm was overly impressed with Mike McCarthy or anyone else they probably would have made the change after missing the playoffs 2 years in a row even though DQ has built a good culture in the locker room. I'm sure Blank took a very close look at McCarthy (who he knew would be available) when we were 1-7 and 3-9. 

Impressed, or not, it's a moot point now....we have DQ and Jurry has McCarthy.  

Let it be written....so let it be done!  

3 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

McCarthy got all emotional in the video of his potential return to coaching. 

Personally, I'd like a guy with a little more intestinal fortitude.

That being said, i think he's what Dallas needs.

he might be just what Dallas need and Mike Nolan will be their DC.

So Dallas is going back to a 3-4

8 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I wouldn't be surprised if to see a Falcons vs Cowboys playoffs game. Both teams will have a good chance to win their division next year.

It may take McCarthy a few games to get everything aligned, but he'll definitely bring some better coaching to that team. Division title is not out of the question.

1 hour ago, GATXBOI said:

If McCarthy told Blank Nolan was going to be the DC that's a big reason not to hire him. We've already dabbled in bringing back ex coordinators and it hasn't worked out for us yet.

2 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

Not necessarily.

Nolan has experience in a 4-3 as well.

I honestly believe that moving to a 3-4 wouldn't fit their current d-line. Although they'll spend more time in nickel. DeMarcus Lawrence and Robert Quinn(if he returns to Dallas next season) are better suited as 4-3 ends.

17 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Not necessarily.

Nolan has experience in a 4-3 as well.

I honestly believe that moving to a 3-4 wouldn't fit their current d-line. Although they'll spend more time in nickel. DeMarcus Lawrence and Robert Quinn(if he returns to Dallas next season) are better suited as 4-3 ends.

Plenty of options at nose

Both could play  3-4 de

With Lee VanderEsch inside lb

Smith and fa/draft olb